Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Masters Degree?
Does anyone know the shortest amount of time someone has received a "real" masters degree? I'm considering TESC or Excelsior, time will be my ultimate factor.

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
I can't say from my personal experience, but I've been reading Ryoder's posts. He's really working hard and has had some success. Check the "Off Topic" category and look for what he's posted. Here's one of his threads: http://www.degreeforum.net/off-topic/136...ourse.html

I believe that the only way to finish faster is to look for self-paced options. I also think that WGU might be another choice, but I'll shut up now because I just don't know enough about it. If I don't get accepted to the Master's program of my dreams (see signature), I will be likely be doing more research on the self-paced graduate programs.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
It remains to be seen how fast ncu will allow me to progress. I am able to finish coursework as fast as I want but the classes end in 12 or 8 weeks so you don't get credit until the end. The question is will they allow me to take more than two courses at a time. I still don't know that yet. If they limit me to two then it will take six iterations to complete which could be 72 weeks or 48 weeks in the case of eight week courses. Not all courses are offered in the 8 week format.

I'll update this post when i find out more. I am currently done with two and graded on all assignments but waiting until course closure to move on. I have completed most of the course material for three other courses in addition and I have been working in this since march 15 i think.

Call wgu and talk to them about their MBA. A friend at work is doing it and he likes it but he has been in the program for at least a year and a half.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I'm halfway through an accelerated MHA at Bellevue University. The classes are 6 weeks in length and the program is completed in 18 months. I've been very happy with the school and program. I know they offer seveal master's degrees, but I'm not sure if all of them are accelerated.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
I did my first "real" one in just under 6-months, however I worked on it for several hours a day, seven days a week. I will graduate with my second "real" one next month; this one took a little longer, around 8-months.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
@ShotoJuku- please dish on the school and the degree that you were able to do in six months. that is the type of plan i need.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
I just received the latest edition of the Excelsior Live & Learn magazine and there is info on page 17 under the title "New Exams for the MBA." Now, I haven't been following this so I don't know if this is truly late-breaking news or just "new" since the last issue. However, EC is offering MBA Foundation Exams in:

Marketing
Organizational Behavior
Finance
Ethics
Quantitative Analysis

They are $300 each and available at Pearson testing centers and they're pass/fail. So depending how fast you are able to prepare, these exams could lead to a pretty quick and inexpensive accredited MBA.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
emichele20 Wrote:@ShotoJuku- please dish on the school and the degree that you were able to do in six months. that is the type of plan i need.
+1. That's incredible.
Thanks for your input guys, and ShotoJuku, that is AMAZING! Please share the school/costs.

thanks!

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
Foundation classes are usually those extra remedial classes non business majors have to take prior to enrolling in real MBA classes. Check it out to be sure but I don't think there are any MBA programs with the option to test out of a class other than foundation. I know that University of Tampa has challenge exams you can take to bypass foundation courses and those are free but they are also waived if you pass clep undergrad business tests.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,268 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 464 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,609 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 457 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 9,033 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,508 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,482 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,654 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 835 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,056 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema