Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
I believe jadkins77 was talking about Dr. Jacquelyn Lowman.

Personal update: Done with 5 classes, got 2 drafts submitted, and am working on 2 more classes. I only need 30 credits at UMPI, so I am pretty sure I'll finish my degree in 1 session.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 2 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • BetaBen, ss20ts
(09-15-2021, 03:38 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I believe jadkins77 was talking about Dr. Jacquelyn Lowman.

Personal update: Done with 5 classes, got 2 drafts submitted, and am working on 2 more classes. I only need 30 credits at UMPI, so I am pretty sure I'll finish my degree in 1 session.
Wow!  That's amazing!

Any tips for moving quickly?
(09-15-2021, 04:20 PM)Ann7 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:38 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I believe jadkins77 was talking about Dr. Jacquelyn Lowman.

Wow!  That's amazing!

I have a lot of prior knowledge and experience... and that's a primary reason I am interested in CBE programs. 

Let's see.... I do:
  • spend every free moment working on classes;
  • skim though things I know;
  • take handwritten notes for things I am not familiar with and revise it several times;
  • watch videos on *2 speed.
Also, I am a "good enough" type of person, so I don't sweat over getting perfect GPA. That also saves a lot of time.

I am mostly taking business classes. I don't think I would be doing things fast with history or education classes.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

(09-15-2021, 04:45 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 04:20 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

Wow!  That's amazing!

I have a lot of prior knowledge and experience... and that's a primary reason I am interested in CBE programs. 

Let's see.... I do:
  • spend every free moment working on classes;
  • skim though things I know;
  • take handwritten notes for things I am not familiar with and revise it several times;
  • watch videos on *2 speed.
Also, I am a "good enough" type of person, so I don't sweat over getting perfect GPA. That also saves a lot of time.

I am mostly taking business classes. I don't think I would be doing things fast with history or education classes.
Ok that makes sense... Thanks!
(09-15-2021, 12:51 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:32 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I've officially moved into the BA Marketing concentration. I never thought I'd go for a business degree, but only two days in and I'm liking it so much more than the PCJ class. Mind you, I'm only in BUS 101 and BUS 200, so I'm sure later classes will prove more difficult and more frustrating.

I think that's three of us that switched. Dr. J said in one of my convos that when she put the program together, she tried to make it as close to what it would be like if we were sitting in the classroom. I applaud that goal, but if we wanted to be (or could be) in the classroom we would. I am so much happier in the path I am on now, too. (Educational Studies and Management if it works out.) The best to you as you move along!

Yes, I definitely got that sense. The class would be wonderful in person where we can get immediate feedback and more interaction. But for an 8-week course that is supposed to be done at the student's pace, it doesn't quite work the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sksandorff90's post:
  • BetaBen
I can’t believe that I am only a couple courses away from getting my degree! This forum is awesome Big Grin

All specific course requirements are covered aside from the 30 credit requirement, but I still need to pick one elective to graduate with the BABA in Management & Leadership with a MIS minor and am not really sure what to pick. 

Of course, difficulty depends on experience level, but does anyone have recommendations for a course with a shorter paper or straightforward exam?

I have already taken the following:
POS 101: American Government 
BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 245: Programming for Managers 
BUS 330: Marketing Management (In progress)
BUS 335: Organizational Behavior
BUS 353: Legal and Ethical Environment of Business 
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 469: Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489: Business Policy & Strategy
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 3 users Like BetaBen's post:
  • neutrino, Novo, ss20ts
(09-17-2021, 11:06 AM)BetaBen Wrote: I can’t believe that I am only a couple courses away from getting my degree! This forum is awesome Big Grin

All specific course requirements are covered aside from the 30 credit requirement, but I still need to pick one elective to graduate with the BABA in Management & Leadership with a MIS minor and am not really sure what to pick. 

Of course, difficulty depends on experience level, but does anyone have recommendations for a course with a shorter paper or straightforward exam?

You should speak with your advisor. They can tell you what is available this term and what the Final Assessment is.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • BetaBen, Kal Di
(09-17-2021, 11:06 AM)BetaBen Wrote: I can’t believe that I am only a couple courses away from getting my degree! This forum is awesome Big Grin

I believe Business Law I is available this term. I took business law 2 and found it to be a good class. The final exam is a multiple question test. After going through all the questions, I got an A in it. I can't imagine BL1 being much harder.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
(09-17-2021, 03:46 PM)cpoteraske Wrote:

I believe Business Law I is available this term. I took business law 2 and found it to be a good class. The final exam is a multiple question test. After going through all the questions, I got an A in it. I can't imagine BL1 being much harder.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider Business Law. A few others I was thinking about were Business Math and Human Resources Management.
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
(09-17-2021, 04:07 PM)BetaBen Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 03:46 PM)cpoteraske Wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider Business Law. A few others I was thinking about were Business Math and Human Resources Management.

I don't think HR class is offered this session.
Business Math seems to be offered in both sessions, and it is not a hard class.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 301 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,282 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 576 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 439 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 822 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 720 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila