Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
I submitted the final for one class and am almost done with finals for two more. I'm finding a bit of stress in the tempo of picking classes. Does anyone have a good process for this? I'm considering just going up the line in the educational studies classes from start to finish, but I also have seven other upper-level classes to fit in. I'm not sure if I should go back and forth with lower level and upper level, or if I will be glad to just go in order and build knowledge.
(09-14-2021, 12:40 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I submitted the final for one class and am almost done with finals for two more. I'm finding a bit of stress in the tempo of picking classes. Does anyone have a good process for this? I'm considering just going up the line in the educational studies classes from start to finish, but I also have seven other upper-level classes to fit in. I'm not sure if I should go back and forth with lower level and upper level, or if I will be glad to just go in order and build knowledge.

I would go back and forth between LL and UL. UL tend to be a bit more work. You also need to find classes that are available this term. Every class isn't available every term. Your advisor will help with this.
(09-09-2021, 11:57 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone done Hum 103 ? It looked like a simple course but then I saw in an older thread that it was long or had a long final?  How many pages?  

Would Creative writing be quicker?

I started and finished in 3 days. Final essay requieres a 8-11 pages paper. Submitted the draft and got feedback within a few hours. Submitted the final and got it graded in less that 6 hours. That is officially my first UMPI class completed.

(09-14-2021, 06:37 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 11:57 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone done Hum 103 ? It looked like a simple course but then I saw in an older thread that it was long or had a long final?  How many pages?  

I started and finished in 3 days. Final essay requieres a 8-11 pages paper. Submitted the draft and got feedback within a few hours. Submitted the final and got it graded in less that 6 hours. That is officially my first UMPI class completed. I can lend you a sample final essay for you to see if you want.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • Kal Di

I started and finished in 3 days. Final essay requieres a 8-11 pages paper. Submitted the draft and got feedback within a few hours. Submitted the final and got it graded in less that 6 hours. That is officially my first UMPI class completed.

I started and finished in 3 days. Final essay requieres a 8-11 pages paper. Submitted the draft and got feedback within a few hours. Submitted the final and got it graded in less that 6 hours. That is officially my first UMPI class completed. I can lend you a sample final essay for you to see if you want.
Wow that is incredibly fast!  Did you also have to research and cite sources or since its creative thinking it's all free writing?
I've officially moved into the BA Marketing concentration. I never thought I'd go for a business degree, but only two days in and I'm liking it so much more than the PCJ class. Mind you, I'm only in BUS 101 and BUS 200, so I'm sure later classes will prove more difficult and more frustrating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sksandorff90's post:
  • jadkins77
(09-14-2021, 09:28 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

Wow that is incredibly fast!  Did you also have to research and cite sources or since its creative thinking it's all free writing?

No citations needed, but they help a lot to fill the blanks Big Grin
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • Kal Di
(09-14-2021, 10:01 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:28 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

No citations needed, but they help a lot to fill the blanks Big Grin
Thanks!  Research and citing take me so long! That's why I was asking ... So thanks!
(09-14-2021, 09:32 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I've officially moved into the BA Marketing concentration. I never thought I'd go for a business degree, but only two days in and I'm liking it so much more than the PCJ class. Mind you, I'm only in BUS 101 and BUS 200, so I'm sure later classes will prove more difficult and more frustrating.

I think that's three of us that switched. Dr. J said in one of my convos that when she put the program together, she tried to make it as close to what it would be like if we were sitting in the classroom. I applaud that goal, but if we wanted to be (or could be) in the classroom we would. I am so much happier in the path I am on now, too. (Educational Studies and Management if it works out.) The best to you as you move along!
(09-15-2021, 12:51 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:32 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I've officially moved into the BA Marketing concentration. I never thought I'd go for a business degree, but only two days in and I'm liking it so much more than the PCJ class. Mind you, I'm only in BUS 101 and BUS 200, so I'm sure later classes will prove more difficult and more frustrating.

I think that's three of us that switched. Dr. J said in one of my convos that when she put the program together, she tried to make it as close to what it would be like if we were sitting in the classroom. I applaud that goal, but if we wanted to be (or could be) in the classroom we would. I am so much happier in the path I am on now, too. (Educational Studies and Management if it works out.) The best to you as you move along!

Dr. J?
(09-15-2021, 01:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 12:51 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:

Dr. J?

PCJ professor. That's what she went by. I don't know her name off the top of my head.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 303 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,282 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 578 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 441 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 825 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 726 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila