Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed CLEP
So I heard the Intro to Sociology was an easy CLEP Test. I studied 2 1/2 weeks with InstaCert and got a score of 48! Sucks I wasted $90 for test, $20 for InstaCert and time over 2 freaking questions. I thought it was pretty easy, i thought for sure I would pass. I was so shocked when the score came up. I wasnt really impressed with the CLEP preparation. Not everything was covered, and some stuff was different.
Did you take a look at the Specific Exam Feedback?
You need to use multiple sources of study material. I would also recommend Speedyprep. At least they guarantee a passing score. If you fail, they'll refund your test fees I believe.
hunterswift Wrote:So I heard the Intro to Sociology was an easy CLEP Test. I studied 2 1/2 weeks with InstaCert and got a score of 48! Sucks I wasted $90 for test, $20 for InstaCert and time over 2 freaking questions. I thought it was pretty easy, i thought for sure I would pass. I was so shocked when the score came up. I wasnt really impressed with the CLEP preparation. Not everything was covered, and some stuff was different.

It can take a little while to figure out what study techniqe works for you. Everyone is different.

Instantcert is part of the study equation.
You need to research any item in Instantcert that you are not sure of. Try using Wikipedia, textbook sites, etc.
As the above post says, make sure you use the Exam Specific thread for the exam.

$110 is less than the cost of a single credit these days, so that should not be too painful.

Hope you ace the next exam!
Instant Cert will prove to be an invaluabe resource provided that you do all you can to maximize your score. It always best to read the boards, find a book and go through ever question on cert then there is no reason you can't pass the test.
hunterswift Wrote:So I heard the Intro to Sociology was an easy CLEP Test. I studied 2 1/2 weeks with InstaCert and got a score of 48! Sucks I wasted $90 for test, $20 for InstaCert and time over 2 freaking questions. I thought it was pretty easy, i thought for sure I would pass. I was so shocked when the score came up. I wasnt really impressed with the CLEP preparation. Not everything was covered, and some stuff was different.
>>

And yet sociology is sociology. I'm not minimizing your frustration, just suggesting that out of an entire FIELD of work, it's always likely that you'll get several questions you don't know. IC represents the kind of questions to prepare for.

Not that it matters too much, but you might feel better knowing that a 48 isn't necessarily 2 questions away from a pass- that's a scaled score, so it could have been as many as 10 questions, or as few as 1. Not all the questions are scored- they don't tell you which ones are being tested (beta) but there are likely a few on every exam.

I didn't think any exams were easy- all required preparation, and you are certainly not the first person to fail an exam here!! I know it's your first post, so welcome, and try not to get too down on yourself. The folder here called "specific exam feedback" is essential- as it helps you learn about the questions/topics others are seeing on the exams. You said you were not impressed with the CLEP preparation here, so always follow your gut- if you don't feel prepared, you're not. Please post the exam you are working on next and I'm sure you'll get lots of great tips.
Sorry to hear that Hunter, now I'm scared because I'm scheduled to take that Clep on Wensday of this week. What was so confusing about the exam? I've read that there were a couple of graph questions concerning Modes, Medium and Mean. Did you happen to have those types of questions?
campbell0021 Wrote:Did you take a look at the Specific Exam Feedback?

Where can I find the specific exam feedback?
If your an IC member, meaning you pay for the flashcards, then the specific exam feedback board is visible when you log into this website.

Hey there... I failed Financial Accounting a couple weeks ago and trust me... I know it's NOT a pleasant feeling.

BUT... I have earned 93 credits from CLEP and DANTES in the last several months. It can definitely be done. Don't let one failure destroy your desire to keep going.
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,601 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  UC Berkeley failed to disclose $240 million in funds from China elcastor21 3 671 09-07-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 1,073 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,189 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,821 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,450 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,388 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az