Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Credit: List of Universities Who Accept Raw IS Courses
Hello friends!

It has recently come to my attention that our beloved TESC no longer accepts FEMA credit as of early March. Therefore, I was wondering if you all knew all of the universities who accepted credit (paid or raw). Beyond that, I was wondering once these credits are transcribed, what universities will allow them in for credit.

Basically, I want to know the cheapest and most surefire way I can get 30 FEMA credits into college credit which one of the big three will accept.

As far as I know the only universities to transcribe raw FEMA are:
* Clackamas Community College (Any input?)
* Frederick Community College ($79/credit)
* Bellevue University (Status on this?)
* Guam Community College (I've heard there are a lot of stipulations?)

Thank you!
Charter Oak takes them raw.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Yes, Charter Oak still takes them raw (and free), up to about 30 credits. They follow the Frederick CC credit recomendation and also have an articulation agreement with FCC (though I don't see a reason to do that).

Know that just because you cycle these through a school like FCC or COSC it doesn't mean you would be able to use them at another school...so best to ask in advance or just select say COSC, Bellvue, or AMU/APU from the outset. Note that with the 30 FEMA and completion of your gen eds at COSC you would have an AS degree essentially completed (plus cornerstone), that would leave you with roughly 30 more elective credits plus 30 UL credits to finish a BS/BA. I think its the most effective way to approach this at this time.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Great stuff!

Looks like ill be seeking COSC as my alma!

I have 67 credits from University of Louisville. This is a combination of completed Gen Ed + some upper levels.

If i combine this with 30 credits from FEMA, I would be at 97.

Thus, if I took 8 CLEPS successfully over the summer, I could be a COSC alumni.

Anyone see any flaws with this plan? I'm going to e-mail COSC a.s.a.p. Thank you!
KentuckyStudent Wrote:Thus, if I took 8 CLEPS successfully over the summer, I could be a COSC alumni.

It won't be quite this easy. You'll need to make sure you satisfy all of COSC's general education requirements. You'll have to have 30 upper level credits. Your credits will have to fit into a degree plan. You'll have to take the Cornerstone course and the Capstone course.

But COSC is probably the best for what you are asking. Definitely email them.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coaching Courses MichaelGates 5 502 10-17-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 64 10,953 10-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Has anyone done PLAR credit? ArshveerCheema 6 338 10-10-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 25 4,202 10-10-2024, 06:27 AM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  California bans legacy admissions in all colleges, universities LevelUP 0 194 10-07-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 175,146 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 699 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 552 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,863 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 335 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494