Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit?
Hey everyone!

New to the forum but would love any input on my question. I made a spreadsheet to track my progress in gaining college credit, and wanted to know if anyone knows what Excelsior University/College maximum credits transferable is? Last I checked on their website was 90, but elsewhere its 113. Somebody mentioned in an older thread that it was 90, plus 30 upper level.

It gets a bit confusing but in the meantime, can anyone enlighten me? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

P.s, if anyone wants to make use of the spreadsheet attached then feel free! It isn't the best but it works for me, lol Tongue

Current Location: Botswana
Your Age: 34
What kind of degree do you want?: Online Bachelor of Science Information Technology, open to recommendations on the most financially friendly option (preferably accelerated online degree viable too)
*For visa applications most countries of interest will not accept anything lower than a Bachelors

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 

Sophia Learning: 36
Visual Communications 89% 3 credits
Macroeconomics, 86% 3 credits
Intro to Web Dev, 96% 3 credits
Intro to Relational Databases, 77% 3 credits
Intro to Nutrition, 85% 3 credits
Intro to Info Tech, 86% 3 credits
Intro to Ethics, 82% 3 credits
Intro to Chemistry, 93% 3 credits
Human Biology, 94% 3 credits
Environmental Science, 82% 3 credits
Developing Effective Teams, 91% 1 credit
College Algebra, 84% 3 credits
Art History II, 86% 3 credits

Saylor Academy: 7
College Success - PASS 1 credit
BUS 402 Project Management - PASS 3 credits
BUS 210 Business Communication - PASS 3 credits

Any certifications or military experience?
None yet, only focused on getting those after I complete my degree, but the certs I'm interested acquiring in are: CompTIA A+, AWS SAA, CCNA and maybe AMA(American Marketing Association)

Attached Files
.xlsx   EXC.TABLE - College Credits Checklist.xlsx (Size: 41.31 KB / Downloads: 5)
@Stoffelhoff89, Welcome to the board, it's great you're providing some pieces of info, it'll be best if you fill us in to exactly what you're trying to do, your best bets right now is to update us with the addendum and template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Depending on what you want... Here are three examples, you may want to go for one of them, Excelsior allows a max of 113 to be transferred, TESU is 114, UMPI is 90 credits, these are max transfers, the rest are residency credits that must be completed at the institution of choice.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-16-2024, 02:31 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Stoffelhoff89, Welcome to the board, it's great you're providing some pieces of info, it'll be best if you fill us in to exactly what you're trying to do, your best bets right now is to update us with the addendum and template here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Depending on what you want... Here are three examples, you may want to go for one of them, Excelsior allows a max of 113 to be transferred, TESU is 114, UMPI is 90 credits, these are max transfers, the rest are residency credits that must be completed at the institution of choice.

Thanks BJ, that's practically all I needed to know. I emailed the college website at Excelsior just to confirm exactly, so I await their response. I figured in the meantime, it's best I seek advice from a reliable community. And I'm primarily focused on Excelsior since they're the cheaper option, money is a constraint if I'm going to be totally honest. Unless there's a cheaper alternative?? lol
Depending on what you have for your addendum that was missed, it may be better to do my recommended balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience. I would go that route more instead of going Excelsior. My recommendation is to update the info with the addendum, as I can see me recommending Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS instead of Excelsior BSLA.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-16-2024, 03:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Depending on what you have for your addendum that was missed, it may be better to do my recommended balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience.  I would go that route more instead of going Excelsior.  My recommendation is to update the info with the addendum, as I can see me recommending Pierpont BOG AAS, UMPI BAS instead of Excelsior BSLA.

Yeah, I may have missed a few key points in the addendum, I've updated it on the initial post but for sake of insight, my case in particular is that a.) I'm a non US citizen based outside of the US, b.) I need an accredited Bachelors degree for migration (Visa requisite for country of interests), one in which I can complete in a short space of time and c.) my studies are done solely online. As such is the case, Excelsior is currently my go to.

WGU would have been ideal but they do not offer courses for international students for now. I appreciate the information you've provided regardless, it gives me a different scope to approach this endeavor of mine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Credits Question and updated plan MCMDF79 10 679 10-02-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 396 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  Online credits but for the UK questionquestions 4 420 08-21-2024, 05:54 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  CS50 on EdX issues ACE credits?! Robson 10 1,032 08-20-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: wow
  TESU BA Computer Science - SDC credits newdegree 4 457 07-15-2024, 12:12 PM
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 23 5,538 06-30-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 8 1,119 06-01-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 1,745 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,738 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 857 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle