Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Managerial Accounting ECE (Exam) - Where's the love?
So apparently, because of a issue between BYU Independent Study and my specific Air Force base Ed Center, BYU will not accept my Tuition Assistance without me paying up front. Since I'm broke, this leaves me with having to take the Managerial Accounting course (even though I already completed Financial Acct with BYU) with another school. I found an Excelsior ECE exam for managerial accounting.

So now I'm excited. I look on the "Specific Exam Feedback" forum for some insight on this test. I come to find out, there isn't a thread in existence for this test. Has no one here taken it? I wanted to go into the forum and create a new thread for it, but I'm not authorized.

Long story short, does anyone have insight or has tried this test? The Air Force will fund this exam for me, so it behooves me to give it a shot. Any help would be appreciated.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
I don't have any info on the exam, but are you absolutely certain the Air Force will fund the exam? It was some time ago that it was announced the Excelsior exams would no longer be DANTES-funded. I just did some checking on this on behalf of a military spouse who tests here. She was told she would need to pay the full testing fee (different Excelsior exam, but still!). Just wondered...
It is no longer funded by DANTES, but it is covered by AF tuition assistance (at least that's what the AFI says).

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Which school do you need this for? It appears that TESC students are able to use a StraighterLine course as an option.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I've searched for managerial accounting exams before and couldn't find any; I figured I would have to take a course. Excelsior doesn't list this exam in the exam catalog I downloaded; where did you find it?
I don't want to use SL. Trying to find something with a flat cost that will be covered by TA.

PrLoko-isms

This should be covered by TA:

[URL="http://learnondemand.kctcs.edu/what%20we%20offer/programs/credentials/requirements/course.aspx?courseId={39047CB7-7FF6-4EA0-BC05-6587D5143B96}"]ACC 202 - Managerial Accounting
[/URL]

KCTCS - everythng you need to know

This course is through the Kentucky CC system so should definitely be covered. If you do well enough on the pre-test I understand that you won't even need to finish the course but will be given the credits without any further work. Check out the links though because I haven't taken any courses through them yet so don't know for sure. Good luck!
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Thanks for the heads up on KCTCS. I'll check it out.

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:Thanks for the heads up on KCTCS. I'll check it out.

Just wondering if you or anyone else has looked into this ACC202 course from KCTCS or the Managerial Accounting ECE? Any experience with it?

Nice to have other options besides Straighterline, especially since their new proctoring requirement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,809 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,225 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,789 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 531 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 777 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,917 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 736 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 834 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 930 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 624 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore