Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equivalency for Study.com Chemistry
Here's an example, Rio Salado allows the lab class to be taken along with the regular class or afterwards as the class is a prerequisite or co-requisite, https://www.riosalado.edu/schedule/cours...y=&section=
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-17-2024, 05:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's an example, Rio Salado allows the lab class to be taken along with the regular class or afterwards as the class is a prerequisite or co-requisite, https://www.riosalado.edu/schedule/cours...y=&section=

But you still need to take the course from Rio Salado in order to take the lab.
My mistake, the classes from study.com Chemistry 111L: Chemistry I with Lab and Chemistry 112L: Chemistry II with Lab will transfer to TESU as CHE-1050 Basic Chemistry I and CHE-1060 Basic Chemistry II, but they will not transfer as the two classes I need which are CHE-1210 and CHE-1220. I do not think they will transfer with the labs as well though .
(08-17-2024, 08:12 PM)Bubbychub Wrote: My mistake, the classes from study.com Chemistry 111L: Chemistry I with Lab and Chemistry 112L: Chemistry II with Lab will transfer to TESU as  CHE-1050 Basic Chemistry I and CHE-1060 Basic Chemistry II, but they will not transfer as the two classes I need which are CHE-1210 and CHE-1220. I do not think they will transfer with the labs as well though .
Thanks. I understood that from yiur previous answer i think. Definitely not worth paying the extra for the labs for anyone attending TESU, then, not just Bio majors.
Do you think you'll still pursue biology? Looks like general chem for stem majors and cell biology are available online at some of the New Mexico community colleges, and straighterline also has gen chem and organic chem that might transfer. So the LLs would be doable if not the cheapest degree option. The ULs seem like the real challenge if straighterline or New Mexico CCs turn out to work for the LLs.
A BALS with Natural Science and Math concentration might be more accessible with alternative credits.
For some folks it may be easiest to take these courses and labs at a local community college and transfer them to TESU.
(08-17-2024, 10:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote: For some folks it may be easiest to take these courses and labs at a local community college and transfer them to TESU.
Definitely. Community college is pretty expensive where I live which is why I always think of New Mexico ones first.
People take classes from community college and may have 'missed' their labs, Rio Salado shouldn't require you to retake the class just to do their lab. But, I don't work for them and don't know their policies, people who need the science or lab by itself should make sure. There are bound to be community colleges that will take your CLEP or college class without the lab, but you'll have to make up the lab either by transferring it in elsewhere or take it at the community college you're going to graduate from.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU and CLEP College Math equivalency homeschoolmom1 1 135 08-30-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: P226mem
Question Capstones enrollment related to their area of study AllThose299s 3 470 06-17-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 580 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 672 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 1,293 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 2,152 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 2,016 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Transfer Equivalency- BUS- 2100 at TESU dhanub 4 805 10-18-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Area of Study Course Appeal resistk 13 1,260 10-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 3,496 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: davewill