Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE
Hello... Penn Foster is offering Bachelors degrees and consecuently upper level classes, however they are not ACE approved. Do you know if it is just a matter of ACE website update? or if they are working on that? Would be awesome to take cheap upper level classes for a degree from Excelsior or COSC

Thanks!

Perico
My "guess" is that many if not all of the UL courses shall be ACE reviewed...before long; just "how long" is the real question. Rolleyes
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:My "guess" is that many if not all of the UL courses shall be ACE reviewed...before long; just "how long" is the real question. Rolleyes

there are also a few courses from Penn Foster that are currently ranked UL status @ EC which include:
Advanced Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2...
there may be a few others as well.

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
swisha2k Wrote:there are also a few courses from Penn Foster that are currently ranked UL status @ EC which include:
Advanced Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2...
there may be a few others as well.
Hey swisha2k, can you post a list of PF's individual accounting courses and also any links that show how they're evaluated by EC? I'm considering a 2nd BS in accounting and these courses would be a lot easier to take (in relation to time and money) vs. LSU's classes.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
bawhitsett Wrote:Hey swisha2k, can you post a list of PF's individual accounting courses and also any links that show how they're evaluated by EC? I'm considering a 2nd BS in accounting and these courses would be a lot easier to take (in relation to time and money) vs. LSU's classes.

here's the response that I got from my advisor:

Good Afternoon,

The Penn Foster College courses will apply as follows to your degree
program.
Intermediate Accounting I - 3 advanced level credits and meets
Intermediate Accounting 1 requirement
Intermediate Accounting 2 - 3 advanced level credits and meets
Intermediate Accounting 2 requirement
Cost Accounting - 3 advanced level credits and meets Cost Accounting
requirement
Advanced Accounting - 3 advanced level credits and meets Accounting
electives
Federal Taxation - 3 advanced level credits and meets the Tax
requirement

Sincerely,
Christine Foley, M.A.

I hope this helps!

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
swisha2k,

Are you sure Penn Foster still offers the Fed Taxation course ? When I inquired about it last year, I was told it was no longer available due to the amount of tax changes made since the course was created.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 75 12,660 08-12-2024, 03:39 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 632 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 1,142 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,954 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 613 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 4,176 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 883 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How can I speed up my bachelors? arcangel27 29 2,996 03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: arcangel27
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,916 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,258 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic