Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE (/Thread-Penn-Foster-Bachelors-ACE)

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - perriquit - 04-11-2009

Hello... Penn Foster is offering Bachelors degrees and consecuently upper level classes, however they are not ACE approved. Do you know if it is just a matter of ACE website update? or if they are working on that? Would be awesome to take cheap upper level classes for a degree from Excelsior or COSC

Thanks!

Perico

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - ShotoJuku - 04-11-2009

My "guess" is that many if not all of the UL courses shall be ACE reviewed...before long; just "how long" is the real question. Rolleyes

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - swisha2k - 04-11-2009

ShotoJuku Wrote:My "guess" is that many if not all of the UL courses shall be ACE reviewed...before long; just "how long" is the real question. Rolleyes

there are also a few courses from Penn Foster that are currently ranked UL status @ EC which include:
Advanced Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2...
there may be a few others as well.

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - bawhitsett - 04-12-2009

swisha2k Wrote:there are also a few courses from Penn Foster that are currently ranked UL status @ EC which include:
Advanced Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2...
there may be a few others as well.
Hey swisha2k, can you post a list of PF's individual accounting courses and also any links that show how they're evaluated by EC? I'm considering a 2nd BS in accounting and these courses would be a lot easier to take (in relation to time and money) vs. LSU's classes.

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - swisha2k - 04-14-2009

bawhitsett Wrote:Hey swisha2k, can you post a list of PF's individual accounting courses and also any links that show how they're evaluated by EC? I'm considering a 2nd BS in accounting and these courses would be a lot easier to take (in relation to time and money) vs. LSU's classes.

here's the response that I got from my advisor:

Good Afternoon,

The Penn Foster College courses will apply as follows to your degree
program.
Intermediate Accounting I - 3 advanced level credits and meets
Intermediate Accounting 1 requirement
Intermediate Accounting 2 - 3 advanced level credits and meets
Intermediate Accounting 2 requirement
Cost Accounting - 3 advanced level credits and meets Cost Accounting
requirement
Advanced Accounting - 3 advanced level credits and meets Accounting
electives
Federal Taxation - 3 advanced level credits and meets the Tax
requirement

Sincerely,
Christine Foley, M.A.

I hope this helps!

Penn Foster Bachelors - ACE - peace123 - 04-14-2009

swisha2k,

Are you sure Penn Foster still offers the Fed Taxation course ? When I inquired about it last year, I was told it was no longer available due to the amount of tax changes made since the course was created.

Peace123