Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Composition I Sophia Touchstones
So our son failed the CLEP College Composition Modular with a score of 45 Sad  He is 14 years old, so some of it is probably simply due to his young age and inexperience (with grammar AND life).

He had passed the DSST Advanced English Composition a month prior, and found the latter easier.

He has decided to try the Sophia Learning English Composition 1, and would like to pre-write all of the essays before we restart our subscription. The syllabus can be downloaded without an active subscription, but it does not go into full detail about the Touchstone assignments.

Is there anyone with a current subscription who could copy and paste the essay assignments and send them to me or post them here? That would be super helpful.
I recommend reaching out directly to Sophia Learning's support team or checking their official forums. They might be able to provide the details you need or guide you on how to access the assignments.  Angel Blush  Idea
"The syllabus can be downloaded without an active subscription, but it does not go into full detail about the Touchstone assignments."

Last time I checked (a few minutes ago), I was still able login to my inactive account. I was able to click "try this course" and I was able to have read only access to those. Maybe give that a try with your inactive subscription account. ?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I give Sophia a 5-star rating for the English composition course. The instructor's feedback was outstanding. Although I graduated many years ago, I took the course as a refresher before graduate school. I also recommend subscribing to Grammarly ®. It is another wonderful tool not just for academics but for scholarly writing in general. They even have a free version.
+1, I agree with you in regards to getting the freebies, I use word counters just to make sure I am within the requirements when it comes to writing.  Whatever cheapies or freebies you can get that can help you with your writing or other types of learning is beneficial.  In regards to the English Comp at Sophia.org, I would also recommend the trial mentioned by P226mem, to see where you go, I think that's the best bet... Another option is to redo the CLEP, if you wanted to.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Does Grammarly organize and format your sources and help you with citations? Or is there another software that people recommend?
(10-23-2024, 01:56 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Does Grammarly organize and format your sources and help you with citations? Or is there another software that people recommend?

https://www.scribbr.com/citation/generator/apa/
Completed:
UMPI: BA Criminal Justice
Pierpont: AAS BOG w/ Emphasis in Information Systems
Sophia: 24 Courses - The CSM Course - ASU: CIS 194 Business Technology Fundamentals
Coursera: Google IT, Google Data Analytics, Google Digital Marketing, IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
(10-23-2024, 10:01 AM)P226mem Wrote: "The syllabus can be downloaded without an active subscription, but it does not go into full detail about the Touchstone assignments."

Last time I checked (a few minutes ago), I was still able login to my inactive account. I was able to click "try this course" and I was able to have read only access to those.  Maybe give that a try with your inactive subscription account. ?

That totally worked! Thanks a lot.
To add to to p226mem, if you look at each module. The bottom right has a "online option" or a pdf option which gives you all the material needed to study!
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS
 | College Southern Nevada | Graduated Class of 2024  

In Progress:
Management Information Systems, BLS | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]

Project Management, BAS | College of Southern Nevada  [Image: convert?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690....&type=webp]
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoBroncos95's post:
  • homeschoolmom1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Composition II Vin 18 2,815 10-24-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 161 98,073 10-22-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 24 2,082 10-12-2024, 04:30 PM
  Sophia College Algebra dbrown2258 4 395 10-04-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Sophia Credits Question and updated plan MCMDF79 10 745 10-02-2024, 09:43 AM
  Does Sophia have any 300/400 level courses? ecomony 7 557 10-01-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ecomony
  Touchstones graded after subscription ends? wow 3 260 09-30-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: wow
  Scholarships for Sophia Learning students ArshveerCheema 1 473 09-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 566 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,821 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow