Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp 102 advice needed
Fellow users,

I need some help on what English Composition 102 class I should take.  I would prefer a class where I actually learn how to write a research paper.

I am currently an inactive student at TESU, my major is BSBA GM.

Also, I took English 101 at a local college over 10 years ago.

TIA.
(06-12-2021, 12:30 PM)odie313 Wrote: Fellow users,

I need some help on what English Composition 102 class I should take.  I would prefer a class where I actually learn how to write a research paper.

I am currently an inactive student at TESU, my major is BSBA GM.

Also, I took English 101 at a local college over 10 years ago.

TIA.

2 cheapest/easiest options for RA schools where this will be the case:

Olivet Nazarene University (ONU) YourWay program: ENG 200 - College Writing II ($50/cr = $150/course)

TEL Learning (via a choice of RA schools): ENG2103: Literature & Composition ($67/cr = $200/course)
 - MACU >> ENG1203: English Composition II (this is my first choice of schools)
 - Lane College >> ENG132: English Composition II
 - McM >> ENG1320: Composition and Literature

Both are self-paced.

I know the syllabus for the TEL courses is available online: https://tel-courses.org/uploads/media_im...ition1.pdf
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cwendy111
You should also consider ASU course, it is 425$ for the RA credits but you can complete the whole course and get the grades for only 25$ (and then you have the option to pay 400$ to get the credits).

Actually, if you want to learn and spend less, you can learn with the ASU course and then get the English Composition II course with Sophia, or SDC.

On the other hand, I am closely linked to the publication of research papers. If you want to learn how to write this kind of articles, choose one area of your interest and read as much papers as possible, this is actually the way to understand the dynamic.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Are you looking for ACE credits or community college RA credit and a grade to go with it? I would suggest if you're looking for ACE credits, then Sophia, Study.com or StraighterLine will fit the bill. Otherwise the ones dfrecore mentioned will fit the bill. However, If you're looking to splurge a bit for RA & Graded credit, then taking the course at the local community college (online course if they have it) or from Clovis, Luna, NMJC if you don't have them cheap in your state.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-12-2021, 06:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are you looking for ACE credits or community college RA credit and a grade to go with it?  I would suggest if you're looking for ACE credits, then Sophia, Study.com or StraighterLine will fit the bill.  Otherwise the ones dfrecore mentioned will fit the bill.  However, If you're looking to splurge a bit for RA & Graded credit, then taking the course at the local community college (online course if they have it) or from Clovis, Luna, NMJC if you don't have them cheap in your state.

Mine are all RA graded as well, and cheaper than the ones you listed.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-12-2021, 06:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 06:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are you looking for ACE credits or community college RA credit and a grade to go with it?  I would suggest if you're looking for ACE credits, then Sophia, Study.com or StraighterLine will fit the bill.  Otherwise the ones dfrecore mentioned will fit the bill.  However, If you're looking to splurge a bit for RA & Graded credit, then taking the course at the local community college (online course if they have it) or from Clovis, Luna, NMJC if you don't have them cheap in your state.

That's right, and I did mention "splurge". I should have indicated more details, such as if you wanted to have these done in a shorter time frame, NMJC does have courses that are 8 weeks long vs 12 or 16 weeks.

TEL & Olivet allow you to be done even more quickly as they are self-paced.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I just gave extra option, furthermore, if the user is not looking for self paced, they have the option of the 8 week classes - with fellow students.

(06-12-2021, 06:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 06:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

That's right, and I did mention "splurge".  I should have indicated more details, such as if you wanted to have these done in a shorter time frame, NMJC does have courses that are 8 weeks long vs 12 or 16 weeks.

TEL and ONU are self-paced, so you could conceivably complete them even faster than 8 weeks.
odie313, I was streaming/watching a movie earlier, forgot to ask you questions and provide you even more options! Anyways, do you belong to a workplace union? You can go for the EGCC Associates if you've not got one yet: https://www.egccfreecollege.org/ If you do, the EGCC actually ladders to a Bachelors and it can be inexpensive too! https://www.unionlowcostdegrees.org/ Do you get tuition assistance or reimbursement? It might be worth while to take courses that are "more expensive" using this option.

Have you retired or are you a senior, like 65? Are you a service person/vet? Many colleges provide cheap/free tuition! If you're in a state where credits are cheap like California, you can try taking courses in your own state community college - I think that's where you completed the bulk of your credits. Anyways, since you completed English I at a college, see if it's worth while and comparable in price to complete English II there. Here's the Luna example I mentioned, it's $40/credit, seniors are only $5/credit and whatever their other fees are.

Last but not least, skip TESU for UMPI. Complete your Sophia.org courses for Lower Level and take the English II course at UMPI. If you finish in 3 terms, that's just $4200, it'll be cheaper than TESU's cornerstone/capstone plus the residency waiver. I suggest getting most of your courses at Sophia.org first, as you already have a Language requirement completed. You just need the "minor" and remaining 30 residency credits. That beats taking any of the above courses mentioned and save you cash over TESU! That's the collective power of this board!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 5 89 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 189 1 hour ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 249 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 537 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,190 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Orientation help needed (CS) alexeo_13 18 784 09-05-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 283 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 192 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,345 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM
  Seeking Advice on Pursuing an MBA for Career Advancement in the USA leop25 4 521 08-26-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Leojames26