Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp 102 advice needed
@dfrecore, thanks for such an informative reply post #16 - I don't think I would be able to add much to it. I love those thought out options...it's going to be somewhat hard to go with TESU if the veteran options aren't in Odie313's favor, hopefully he gets his 2017 catalog and vets get some discounts...

Anyways, as I mentioned in my post #8, I'm just trying to add my point of view, to give other options to the original poster just in case they may want it. So I am not sure why you're replying back to me or quoting me, mentioning your choice is cheaper and it's self paced. I'm not looking for an English class, the OP is, are you trying to play a game or something? I'm just not getting it...it's not April 1st, so I am just confused.

How has your posts helped me by quoting me? I am not looking for assistance... and I am really not in the mood to play "which DF member recommendation" is better/cheaper/easier". I thank you though if there is anything you wanted to let me know, I could keep it in my records of those options for others looking at them. But at the time being, I don't think I need assistance with this...

@odie313, To go back and answer your first question again, more thoughtfully: There are several English II options that would work, you have more options now as you already have over 30 credits RA, you don't really need a self-paced, cheap course from a community college and other options I recommended earlier, you can take ACE. I didn't get a reply to that question but noticed you can take them through Sophia.org or StraighterLine, it's $79/month at Sophia.org and you can take more courses if you decide to, thus being your cheapest/easiest/fastest option! Yes, it's non-proctored and lots of writing assignments that are graded.

Note: If you do decide on TESU, you can review the options provided to you by everyone and select whichever is suited to you most, don't rush in deciding, see what options you like most. If you decide on UMPI as TESU might not give you a favorable reply, then UMPI has English II for you, you can bypass ALL recommendations above!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Got a response from TESU:

I hope this email finds you well.  We waive the application fee for all of our Veterans however the military rate is for all of our active duty students, military spouses, reserves, and DOD civilians.
Well, that sucks. In that case, I suppose UMPI would probably be a much cheaper and probably easier option than finishing at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
odie313 Wrote:Got a response from TESU:

I hope this email finds you well.  We waive the application fee for all of our Veterans however the military rate is for all of our active duty students, military spouses, reserves, and DOD civilians.

Is that all you asked for and what their response is? Hmm, interesting. You'll have to decide on the degree and school you want to continue with.

(06-15-2021, 04:31 PM)odie313 Wrote: Got a response from TESU:

I agree that UMPI will be far cheaper than TESU.  You could find out ahead of time if any of these Study.com courses can be used to lower the costs a bit for the Mgmt/Ldrshp concentration:
Any physical science course (AST 101: Intro to Astronomy, ENS 101: Environment & Humanity, ESCI 101: Earth Science, ESCI 104: Intro to Meteorology, GEOL 101: Physical Geology, etc.)
INTERMEDIATE BUSINESS COMPUTING - BUS 104: Information Systems & Computer Applications
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS - BUS 303: Management Info Systems
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT - BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR - BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
LEADERSHIP - BUS 302: Foundations of Leadership

And I'd ask to see if Woodworking can fulfill the hands-on ART requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-15-2021, 06:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 04:31 PM)odie313 Wrote: Got a response from TESU:

I agree that UMPI will be far cheaper than TESU.  You could find out ahead of time if any of these Study.com courses can be used to lower the costs a bit for the Mgmt/Ldrshp concentration:
Any physical science course (AST 101: Intro to Astronomy, ENS 101: Environment & Humanity, ESCI 101: Earth Science, ESCI 104: Intro to Meteorology, GEOL 101: Physical Geology, etc.)
INTERMEDIATE BUSINESS COMPUTING - BUS 104: Information Systems & Computer Applications
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS - BUS 303: Management Info Systems
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT - BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - BUS 306: Strategic Human Resources Management
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR - BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
LEADERSHIP - BUS 302: Foundations of Leadership

And I'd ask to see if Woodworking can fulfill the hands-on ART requirement.

Keep in mind that you must complete a certain number of courses in your major at UMPI. You also have to complete a specific number of UL courses at UMPI. 

What's the physical science course for? That's not a requirement for the major or concentrations. 

I would definitely check with UMPI before taking these courses and ask about the minimum requirements you need to complete at UMPI with 2 concentrations and the number of UL courses you'll need to take there. You'll also want to confirm that they will accept these courses ebcause they are reevaluating courses from Study.com right now.
You've got Biology & Spanish already, according to the evaluation you posted earlier in the thread. I would just go ahead and apply to UMPI to see what they say about your credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The majority of my classes are from actual community colleges, though some are older than 10 years old. The others are from Aleks, The Institutes, Clepp, and DSST.

Would I need to send a copy of my high school diploma as part of the evaluation.
(06-15-2021, 09:21 PM)odie313 Wrote: The majority of my classes are from actual community colleges, though some are older than 10 years old. The others are from Aleks, The Institutes, Clepp, and DSST.

Would I need to send a copy of my high school diploma as part of the evaluation.

For UMPI? They'll let you know when you apply. I didn't because I have an associate degree. Some have had to supply high school transcripts without a previous degree.
Odie313, skip the high school transcripts. If you have 60 earned credits through community college and other alternative credit, you just need to apply and send those transcripts in for evaluation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 8 133 19 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 2 61 3 hours ago
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 207 7 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 251 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 544 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 11 1,190 09-08-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Orientation help needed (CS) alexeo_13 18 785 09-05-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan,Urgent Help Needed! edward.ri 1 285 08-28-2024, 11:27 AM
  DSST testing advice (for beginner) audpants 2 192 08-26-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 18 1,346 08-26-2024, 09:00 AM