Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Dream Academy Course Limit?
Could you elaborate? I'm new here. I'm not aware of these methods.
The Salesforce & Google Certs are an excellent gateway into an intern position for young in their career applicants and solid paying positions for those with experience in those fields. 6-months is more than enough time to knock all of these out. I've never thought of the Facebook/Meto offering but now, with this extended time past my trial period only approach to Coursera certs, I might sign up and give these a shot.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(08-11-2022, 07:30 AM)sarahmac Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 11:59 PM)vintage_jacket Wrote: Hello,

I couldn't find a specific thread on this so here goes.

Does anyone know if there's a limit on the amount of courses you can take through the American Dream Academy program? I just signed up and I'm having a hard time picking one certificate? I'm working on a budget. Smile

Kind regards,
Vintage Jacket

I did all of them, so it is possible.

It wasn't really worth it to me personally to do all of them though. I found the project management one the most useful, the others are kind of meh, following the example of browse this site wrote at the end of the entrepreneur essay. The IT one I think gained me one class at TESU that does not "fit" anywhere other than the electives, and I think I learned more about IT from the Cybersecurity one. The data science one was below the level of a first college course on the topic though TESU gave multiple classes for it so it is a win credit-wise.

It depends on what you want to use them for as to whether they will all be worth it for you. Pierpont gives 12 credits for the IT one so it does have greater utility elsewhere. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't spent the time working on all of them when there are other options, like using the free trials to knock out the IBM certs, the WIT Cloud Computing one, the two SAS programming ones etc. I got distracted by the shiny free ADA options just because they were there and lost a month or so ^^'

Still, I think that any education is always useful given that it is also free, but it's a shame that not all options are equally good. I'd rather take just a couple of programs because I don't have time for all the courses, so I'm looking at their academy.
From the American Dream Academy FAQ

"It is recommended that you complete the requirements in six to eight months. It is estimated that you will need to commit approximately five to ten hours a week to complete the program in that time period. Only learners who have been inactive for over 90 days will be removed."

As long as you stay active, you may be able to complete courses beyond 6 months.

I would suggest completing one exam to stay active since they may add new courses in the future.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 427 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 268 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 6,036 05-18-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 9,466 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,424 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,540 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  IMG Academy sold for $1.25 billion! bjcheung77 0 352 10-16-2023, 05:32 PM
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,660 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Vermont Academy and Mount Snow Academy Announce a Merger bjcheung77 0 262 08-22-2023, 06:37 PM
  Zovio dissolves, trying to sell Fullstack Academy bjcheung77 7 1,121 11-02-2022, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Johann