Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Illinois University.
For your program, Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University, is that a 24 month program, 2 years?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-09-2023, 11:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For your program, Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University, is that a 24 month program, 2 years?

Technically, yes. With fulltime being nine credits per semester, if you took a standard load and did no summer session, it would be two years, four semesters. 

They have a one-year plan available, but that's four classes for fall and spring and three for summer, and unless it's your fulltime job, I don't see it being feasible. 

A standard nine-credit load with a six-credit summer session, which is what I'm doing, it's 18 months.
Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University
Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science, University of Maine at Presque Isle
Last semester starts on Monday. I have two classes and my capstone. The two classes are Civic and Nonprofit Leadership and a Seminar on Political Behavior. I'm already about 40 pages into my capstone project, which only had to be 25 pages, and it looks like it'll end up around 70, which just continues my habit of doing more work than is necessary. Anyway! Should be done Dec. 16.
Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University
Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science, University of Maine at Presque Isle
[-] The following 3 users Like wildebeest's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley, ss20ts
(08-19-2023, 09:43 AM)wildebeest Wrote: Last semester starts on Monday. I have two classes and my capstone. The two classes are Civic and Nonprofit Leadership and a Seminar on Political Behavior. I'm already about 40 pages into my capstone project, which only had to be 25 pages, and it looks like it'll end up around 70, which just continues my habit of doing more work than is necessary. Anyway! Should be done Dec. 16.

This thread is very helpful. Thank you for sharing, and good luck in your last semester!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tmikula's post:
  • wildebeest
(08-19-2023, 09:43 AM)wildebeest Wrote: Last semester starts on Monday. I have two classes and my capstone. The two classes are Civic and Nonprofit Leadership and a Seminar on Political Behavior. I'm already about 40 pages into my capstone project, which only had to be 25 pages, and it looks like it'll end up around 70, which just continues my habit of doing more work than is necessary. Anyway! Should be done Dec. 16.

Hey! Just wanted to thank you for this thread and providing updates. You are the reason I decided to submit my application moments ago for this program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DM_TX's post:
  • wildebeest
Just about two months left in my final semester and I just finished a decent draft of my capstone project, which means I am (basically) down to two classes. (I'll still have to rewrite and put together a ten-minute presentation and defend, but the bulk of the work is done.) The capstone project is 87 pages total, or 75 if the cover page and references are excluded, so about three times the length required. Not sure why I always put in more work than necessary, but I did and it's done. The two classes are sliding along rather smoothly. I really like my class on political behavior and while I can't say I'm enjoying the leadership class, exactly, it feels applicable to the real world. My wife finished her M.S. a while back and I bought her a diploma frame, so I went ahead and bought myself one as well, which means I can't quit now: Already spent almost $200 to frame a diploma I don't have yet. Anyway, now that the capstone is complete I feel a sense of winding down. All that's left is finishing out these two classes.

(09-26-2023, 10:56 PM)DM_TX Wrote:

Hey! Just wanted to thank you for this thread and providing updates. You are the reason I decided to submit my application moments ago for this program.

Congrats on taking the step. Feel free to let me know how it goes!
Congrats on getting that 87 pages down! Wow, that's more than I thought would be required for a capstone paper... Good luck with your next two classes, you're almost there, keep up with the great work you're doing! You'll get there in no time to the finish line... Hmm, $200 on a frame... Weren't there anything more affordable yet nice looking? UMPI frames go for $99 I think from their Spirit Store or something, were did you get this frame?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-08-2023, 11:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats on getting that 87 pages down! Wow, that's more than I thought would be required for a capstone paper... Good luck with your next two classes, you're almost there, keep up with the great work you're doing!  You'll get there in no time to the finish line... Hmm, $200 on a frame... Weren't there anything more affordable yet nice looking?  UMPI frames go for $99 I think from their Spirit Store or something, were did you get this frame?

I overdid the capstone. Most are about 25 pages, I believe, but I underestimated the amount of work I would have to put in for the project I'd devised, and my choice was to either stop at one case study, which I didn't want to do, as I wanted several studies to draw from for my conclusion, or complete all three I'd planned. I probably could have turned in one case study with an introduction and conclusion and called it a day, but it wouldn't have been the project I wanted it to be.
Capstone and capstone presentation done. Honestly, I whiffed the presentation, and only did okay during question period, but the paper was strong enough that I'm done.

Down to the last two months of my last two classes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wildebeest's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Done. Finished. Have turned in my final assignment. 

Grades will post on the 18th. Believe I'll be wrapping up with a 4.0, but if I somehow got Bs in my last two classes, it could be a 3.8. We'll see. Simultaneously relieved and sad to be finished. Maybe I'll be applying for a doctorate sooner than I thought.
[-] The following 2 users Like wildebeest's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 444 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Eastern University MBA Howatt777 1 272 10-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  University of the Cumberlands - Masters in Data Science dleewo 0 203 10-09-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dleewo
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 11 3,204 10-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: spohara
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 34 10,652 10-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 10 1,792 09-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 98 17,846 09-28-2024, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 427 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 343 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,909 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree