Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest Business Minor
For all alternative credits (ACE, NCCRS, etc) you want to transfer into UMPI or another institution such as TESU, make sure to verify they're still recommended for credit. If it has elapsed, wait until they've renewed their recommendation before completing the class, you can then get the ACE credit, otherwise you won't...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • DavidGood
(10-12-2024, 12:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For all alternative credits (ACE, NCCRS, etc) you want to transfer into UMPI or another institution such as TESU, make sure to verify they're still recommended for credit.  If it has elapsed, wait until they've renewed their recommendation before completing the class, you can then get the ACE credit, otherwise you won't...

I sent my self my Credly transcripts. My 6 Google Certs, 2 IBM Certs, and 1 AWIT Cert all have the ACE badge. While I've been over thinking BABA - Project Management vs BLS Triple Minor I have discovered the following looking at my Degree plans of the two:

6 Classes in common BLS Management, PM, MIS / BABA Pm & IS

1. Bus 200 Intermediate Business Computing (Short)
  2. Bus 244 Management Information Systems (Short)
  3. Bus 469 Strategic Professional Communication (Short)
  4. Bus 240 Change Management (Short)
  5. Bus 343 Project Risk & Cost Management (Medium)
  6. Bus 415 Operations Management (Medium)

BABA PM & IS Unique Classes

1. Bus 401 Project Management Applications II (Short)
  2. Bus 220 Managerial Accounting (Long)
  3. Bus 325 Financial Management (Long)
  4. Mat 140 Mathematics for Business (Short)

BLS Triple Minor Unique Classes

1. Bus 260 Leadership (Short)
  2. Bus 321 Human Resource Management (Short)

The length of the courses are based on what I have read on the course reviews on this forum and on Discord. Based on the above info does it even make sense to take the BLS? I don't want to take BUS 325 but that is the only class I foresee causing me any type of hold up on my way to a degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samhain408's post:
  • Hackingat40
Hey! Its me I tried to PM you back but your message blocking is on. I wanted to say its funny we have a similar plan. I am debating the BLS to BAS or go for the BABA. I have heard from people in the tech field the BAS would get more attention than the BABA when it comes to IT as its a science vs an arts degree.

What seems to be so difficult about the BUS325? Seems like I have seen alot of discussion about it but no real details.
Any information on the BUS 220 being long for a reason too?

Thanks!
(10-12-2024, 08:37 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: Hey! Its me I tried to PM you back but your message blocking is on. I wanted to say its funny we have a similar plan. I am debating the BLS to BAS or go for the BABA. I have heard from people in the tech field the BAS would get more attention than the BABA when it comes to IT as its a science vs an arts degree.

What seems to be so difficult about the BUS325? Seems like I have seen alot of discussion about it but no real details.

Thanks!
From what I've read BUS 325 doesn't have very clear instructions on how the final should be completed and that there is a lot of content to get through. I'm not sure about BUS 220 but the review I read said it was a long course but I have also read it could be short with accounting knowledge. I am pretty well versed in financials so it may be a breeze, but I'll keep it at long until I dive into it personally. I think I'm going to just ask my advisor to switch me to the BABA. I will focus on the 6 overlapping classes first and if I can finish them fast enough I'll stay in that path if not I'll pivot back to the BLS take the two remaining I need for the BLS triple and two quick history courses. 

I personally would've rather done the BABA Management & Leadership but the BABA Project Management & Information Systems has less classes needed because of all the certs I received from Coursera. I'm not sure it's as versatile a degree as the M&L. I am trying to finish in 1 term so the M&L is out since I would need 13 classes I believe and I'm not interested in courses on study.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samhain408's post:
  • Hackingat40
(10-12-2024, 10:22 PM)Samhain408 Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 08:37 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: Hey! Its me I tried to PM you back but your message blocking is on. I wanted to say its funny we have a similar plan. I am debating the BLS to BAS or go for the BABA. I have heard from people in the tech field the BAS would get more attention than the BABA when it comes to IT as its a science vs an arts degree.

Thanks!
From what I've read BUS 325 doesn't have very clear instructions on how the final should be completed and that there is a lot of content to get through. I'm not sure about BUS 220 but the review I read said it was a long course but I have also read it could be short with accounting knowledge. I am pretty well versed in financials so it may be a breeze, but I'll keep it at long until I dive into it personally. I think I'm going to just ask my advisor to switch me to the BABA. I will focus on the 6 overlapping classes first and if I can finish them fast enough I'll stay in that path if not I'll pivot back to the BLS take the two remaining I need for the BLS triple and two quick history courses. 

I personally would've rather done the BABA Management & Leadership but the BABA Project Management & Information Systems has less classes needed because of all the certs I received from Coursera. I'm not sure it's as versatile a degree as the M&L. I am trying to finish in 1 term so the M&L is out since I would need 13 classes I believe and I'm not interested in courses on study.com

Thanks for the reply. Funny I just started the same thing focus on the overlap courses first. I did some research and apparently Sophia calculus will transfer in and cover MAT140.... so I decided to start that and knock it out. I also am doing through Sophia Intro to business, Financial Accounting, and Public Speaking. After these 4 courses are complete I will then have about 192 credits transferred into UMPI and I can then move to the BABA if I decide to go that route. The BAS still seems to be the preferred degree of the two if you plan to get into Tech. It just so confusing
This is what AI decided to share Which seems to be what I am gathering from people in the tech field as well. 

BAS vs. BA in Business Administration: A Deeper Dive
The choice between a BAS with a minor in project management and management information systems (MIS) and a BA in business administration with a major in project management and MIS ultimately depends on your specific interests and career goals.
BAS with a Minor in Project Management and MIS
  • Focus: More technical and hands-on.
  • Curriculum: Typically includes in-depth coursework in mathematics, statistics, and computer science, with a focus on project management and MIS principles.
  • Ideal for: Those interested in the technical aspects of project management and MIS, such as data analysis, system development, and process optimization.
[size=undefined]
BA in Business Administration with a Major in Project Management and MIS[/size]
  • Focus: Broader, with a more liberal arts emphasis.
  • Curriculum: Includes coursework in business fundamentals, such as marketing, finance, and accounting, along with specialized courses in project management and MIS.
  • Ideal for: Those who want a well-rounded understanding of business, including the people and organizational aspects of project management.
[size=undefined]
Here's a breakdown of the key differences:

Feature
BAS with Minor
BA with Major
Technical Focus
Stronger
Weaker
Business Fundamentals
Weaker
Stronger
Depth in PM & MIS
Less
More
Flexibility
More (can explore other areas)
Less (more specialized)

If you're more interested in the technical aspects of project management and MIS, such as data analysis, system development, or project scheduling tools, a BAS with a minor might be a better fit. However, if you want a broader understanding of business and a deeper dive into project management and MIS, a BA with a major could be a good choice.
Ultimately, the best degree for you will depend on your specific interests, career goals, and the requirements of the jobs you're interested in. Consider the following factors when making your decision:[/size]
  • Coursework: Review the specific courses offered in each program to see if they align with your interests.
  • Internships: Look for programs that offer internships or co-op opportunities to gain practical experience.
  • Career outcomes: Research the types of jobs graduates from each program typically obtain.
Something to keep in mind. Everyone knows what a BA is. Few know what a BLS or BAS is. Don't let fear about a class hold you back. BUS325 is just a class. Hundreds of us have completed it. We all survived. You will too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Hackingat40

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Am I allowed to choose any minor(s) for the BLS? 875876 3 339 09-15-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 471 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 894 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 586 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  Job seeking with bls with management and project management minor bvndz 11 1,887 07-09-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  MAT 140 Mathematics for Business HappyPeanut 8 795 07-07-2024, 12:53 AM
Last Post: ishady
  Advisor Assigned & Minor Questions colonelcamp 13 866 07-02-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  PCJ 215 Business Communication Mom5 35 5,096 06-28-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 10 1,618 06-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,576 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM