Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation
Someone recently mentioned to do the ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate certificate and let it be evaluated. Which should result in "regionally accredited" masters degree at least. Specifically, its about WES Canada. 

Does this make sense and how would one submit BOTH documents if WES Canada does not even accept ENEB for evaluation anymore?  

Or what is this person talking about ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecdw94's post:
  • lucillegyl
Hmm, it's not really clear what you're asking... Are you referring to this specific thread and my particular post #2? Basically, the thread has been updated the last couple of days alone... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Questions

It's great you're asking questions and providing a bit of info... Having said that... You really need to review the whole thing and point us to what you're referring to as it's confusing asking but not showing where what was mentioned.  See below, to be clear...

If it is in regards to the above, posts or thread, it works like this.  ENEB/Masters (no evaluation needed to get to the Level 8 as they are UK/EU/EHEA equivalent already), ladder to the Level 8, get an evaluation by WES USA, then complete the degree requirements from any US/UK institution.  

If you need an evaluation for Canada, you do the final evaluation after all is said and done, thus your UK/US is RA, and Canadian equivalent to a Doctoral degree.  If you are doing the Canadian DBA at Athabasca U, then do the WES Canada for the Level 8 only, for entry requirements.  Voila!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-22-2024, 03:03 PM)Ibjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, it's not really clear what you're asking... Are you referring to this specific thread and my particular post #2? Basically, the thread has been updated the last couple of days alone... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Questions

It's great you're asking questions and providing a bit of info... Having said that... You really need to review the whole thing and point us to what you're referring to as it's confusing asking but not showing where what was mentioned.  See below, to be clear...

If it is in regards to the above, posts or thread, it works like this.  ENEB/Masters (no evaluation needed to get to the Level 8 as they are UK/EU/EHEA equivalent already), ladder to the Level 8, get an evaluation by WES USA, then complete the degree requirements from any US/UK institution.  

If you need an evaluation for Canada, you do the final evaluation after all is said and done, thus your UK/US is RA, and Canadian equivalent to a Doctoral degree.  If you are doing the Canadian DBA at Athabasca U, then do the WES Canada for the Level 8 only, for entry requirements.  Voila!
Basically the Level 8 is to bypass WES’s inconsistent treatment of ENEB, if I understood you correctly. 

Which makes me wonder, ENEB is obviously not less qualified than the teaching centers that offer OFQUAL Level 8 courses. Seems like it’s less favorable treatment by WES is only due to its unofficial status..
Actually, the reason for getting the Level 8 UK Diploma isn't about WES evaluation, it's about the credits being transferred to a Canadian or US/UK institution for doctoral studies. In Canada, an example would be Athabasca, in the US/UK there are other examples in the link I mentioned. I also mentioned briefly the following...

You would have 'everything' evaluated after you get your Level 8 UK diploma if you're looking for entry into a DBA/DProf, if you're looking for equivalency, you really need to finish a doctoral degree in order for anything to be equivalent to a doctoral degree as having doctoral level studies doesn't mean you've got a doctoral level degree...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-28-2024, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, the reason for getting the Level 8 UK Diploma isn't about WES evaluation, it's about the credits being transferred to a Canadian or US/UK institution for doctoral studies.  In Canada, an example would be Athabasca, in the US/UK there are other examples in the link I mentioned.  I also mentioned briefly the following...

You would have 'everything' evaluated after you get your Level 8 UK diploma if you're looking for entry into a DBA/DProf, if you're looking for equivalency, you really need to finish a doctoral degree in order for anything to be equivalent to a doctoral degree as having doctoral level studies doesn't mean you've got a doctoral level degree...

I see what you meant now. 
OP was asking about a master equivalent evaluation so I got confused. 

Just to expand a bit on the WES evaluation part - 
Assuming that you’re looking for a master’s degree for immigration purposes, wouldn’t it be better to do a Level 7 Diploma and top it up with an MBA in the UK? 

I haven’t looked into the fees but seems like much less hassle to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,189 709,916 5 minutes ago
Last Post: slammX
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 79 39,477 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,238 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,104 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 177 17,484 09-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 877 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 196 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 608 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,265 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,131 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123