Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECE test no longer Free for Mil. What to do?
Hello forum, i spoke with a rep from excelsior and was told that as long as i take an ECE before SEP 30,2011 they are free. Any time after that i would have to pay and then submit paperwork to get a refund from the Va:I need 12 upper level elective Credits as part of my Degree at Embry Riddle. I have been looking into ECE test and have noted that quite a few are upper level credits:For those who took Upper level ECE test. Which test do you feel are the easiest to take within a short amount of time and the IC flashcards are helpful enough to get a C. Embry Riddle counts them as a P/F so a C grade would be enough for me.
I was thinking of taking
Foundations of Gerontology (407)
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging (355)
Anny comments or PMs would be appreciated. Thanks
CLEPS/DSST PASSED
Spanish- 64, Heres to Your health-414
Almost Done with My Embry Riddle Pro Aero Degree.

Guess nobody takes ECE test?
CLEPS/DSST PASSED

People don't live on this board and some of us, God forbid, actually have jobs! Anyway, the two you mentioned are so closely related that you can probably pass one right after the other on consecutive days, using IC only as a study resource. I also passed Research Methods in Psychology using only IC.
I agree. I have taken both of those exams and found them very doable. I got an A on POAA and a B on Gerontology with only about 20 hours of study time each. I do highly recommend the ECE practice exams if they are still offered for these two. Since these are theory based exams you will find the same scenarios on the practice exam and the real exam. This is a great time benefit and allows you to have already examined and know the scenario. These are both doable in your time frame. I also took several other ECE's which you can see in my signature line. Most of them are fairly straight forward. I didn't study for any of these for more than 20-30 hours. I did most of the psych exams back to back which helped a lot. Good luck.
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Mechanix26 Wrote:People don't live on this board and some of us, God forbid, actually have jobs! Anyway, the two you mentioned are so closely related that you can probably pass one right after the other on consecutive days, using IC only as a study resource. I also passed Research Methods in Psychology using only IC.
thanks for the input. i will study and hopefully pass.. i didn't know that people on this forum had jobs. I was under the impression. That they where hobo's who frequented internet cafes. thanks
CLEPS/DSST PASSED

We look like this:

[Image: WIVW3.jpg]
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 5 609 10-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: durain
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 820 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,756 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 540 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 354 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 40,015 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 891 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  OpenAI launches new AI model GPT-4o Free for Everyone LevelUP 4 722 06-27-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 254 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,519 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn