Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Degree and ACE Transcript
inkleind Wrote:Some people have gotten their credits, right? I mean it's obviously not a scam, just disorganized.

I think that's still in question.
Old Guy Wrote:I think that's still in question.

Exactly. Got my log in info.....not sure I want to spend the time. Has anyone got their credits yet???
So anybody going to actually go through with it? lol
I got my email from them today as well... Not sure if it's worth my time or not.
Well ok... here's the way I think I am going to look at it. I will go through with it and if it doesn't pan out, then at least I should have the knowledge to clep out? Or at least challenge out or something? It's not like I am going to not learn while doing it and if it does actually work, then hellz to the yeah.

I also think part of the problem so far is that everyone else on this page has gone into it with a lot of LL credits already and thus maybe made dreamdegree disinterested in them because they know they can't sell them off to a university in the future? Maybe with someone like me, who has 0 credits, they will pay a little more attention and try to keep me through the whole program so they can make a profit off me.

At least that's what I'm hoping. I just want to be used Wink
inkleind Wrote:Well ok... here's the way I think I am going to look at it. I will go through with it and if it doesn't pan out, then at least I should have the knowledge to clep out? Or at least challenge out or something? It's not like I am going to not learn while doing it and if it does actually work, then hellz to the yeah.

I also think part of the problem so far is that everyone else on this page has gone into it with a lot of LL credits already and thus maybe made dreamdegree disinterested in them because they know they can't sell them off to a university in the future? Maybe with someone like me, who has 0 credits, they will pay a little more attention and try to keep me through the whole program so they can make a profit off me.

At least that's what I'm hoping. I just want to be used Wink

Now THAT is a good way to look at it! Of course, it won't work so well with Interpersonal Communication, since the only other way to test out is through a $345 UExcel exam. But it will work with other courses.

I would also question whether they will continue on with this, and give you more courses, if they don't plan on doing something with the course you've finished. If they won't put it on your ACE transcript until SOMETHING happens on their end, why would they continue letting you get more credits? They are a real mystery over there.

I wonder if LowCostGenEd.com, their counterpart in the paid arena, is having issues too? I don't suppose if you pay $300 for a course you would have these types of issues, but they seem completely inept, so I have to wonder.

Good luck with it all! Please continue to update us.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I also received my next course for First Year Free program.

I received a call today from "students services". Jordan was the name of the individual that called. She was concerned because I sent a terse email. I stated I was extremely disappointed in the requirement that the course must take at least eight weeks before you may go to another course even though they say it can be a five week course. This is not standard practice for an educational institution to state it's a five week course when actually it is an eight week course. I also stated my frustration that my Interpersonal Communication Concepts credits had not been transmitted to my American Council on Education transcript. She stated that they were "changing the way they send transcripts to ACE." Jordan stated she understood my frustration and apologized and said she would let me know when she found something out. I informed her I had contacted ACE about my transcript. I told her I was truly concerned about the ability of Dream Degree's First Year Free obligations. She said they would meet them and that this was new and more in depth than expected. I think they are overwhelmed. She seeme

I received and email today from Steve Clugston with signature line as President. He stated ACE has changed the way transcripts are to be transmitted and said they were working on it. It would be about the middle of December before it is completed. .

I'm not completely satisfied with their explanations, but because it is free I will push on through this next course and hope the outcome will be what I expect - credit.
8 weeks seems painfully slow. So much for their "go at your own speed" line. I hope that they look into changing that as well. I don't want to stretch 10 classes out over 20 months!!
Interesting. I can't even find the ACE equivalent on ACE's website. Dream Degree says it's Course# ACN-0003, but I searched for it and it's not there.

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...rchResults

(The link which shows the course numbers) https://www.dreamdegree.org/courses/inte...unication/

I do see an ADS-003 under an "AlignDegree"....?

ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training
Align Degree Services = DreamDegree = LowCostGenEd (same courses but for $299). They've obviously been changing their business model around for the last couple of years. And are confused...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 29 6,024 8 hours ago
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 0 56 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 717 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 41 6,219 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 299 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 686 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 614 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 472 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 548 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 299 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain