Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does IC offer study material for Social Sciences & History?
Didn't see it on the list, but people have mentioned it in other threads and implied that they studied using IC. I have less than 2 weeks to take the Humanities and Social Sciences & History Clep, and I'm just about to start studying now with no prior knowledge of the subjects. Just passed English Comp with a 64 and about 2-3 hours of study. I've always been great at cramming and acing...any advice?
Going through these flashcards will give you a good base to start from.

U.S. History I: Early Colonizations to 1877
U.S. History II: 1865 to the Present
Introductory Psychology
Introductory Sociology
Principles of MicroEconomics
Principles of MacroEconomics

Personally, I found this test daunting to study for at first. I ended up going through the three Peterson's tests and going over what I missed. I did brush up on a bit of psychology and went through some of the economics cards. I had already studied the US History flashcards and the Psychology and Sociology cards so I had a good base to begin with. You also might take a look the World Religion DSST cards. They were helpful to me.

Taking both those tests with only 2 weeks to study definitely will be a great feat! Good luck! Big Grin
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
IC is excellent on Humanities. I didn't use anything else and passed with a score somewhere in the 60s.

I didn't use IC for SS and History, but it will certainly help if you remember some of your history from high school. It's nothing extremely specific... just knowing the order of the Presidents and major wars will be a big help. Obviously, you will need more, but I made sure I knew that before moving on to more in-depth study--and it did help a lot on the test.
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
2 weeks ago I took this. I found it an almost overwhelming task, but my high school history was over 35 years ago. I had recently taken the Into to Sociology, Intro to Psyc. and Intro to World Religions and they did help.

If I were you I would also brush up on US Government and a little antropology. Besides the above mentioned IC flashcards. I used the official CLEP study guide, the Peterson test (I never did better then about 50% on those, for this exam) and I thought the best study tool was the Princeton Review Cracking the CLEP. (If you need the Humanities and the SS & history This book might be a worthwhile purchase or check out your local library)

Good luck I would consider passing both of these with only 2 weeks study more than my old brain could handle.:o
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 131 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 476 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 238 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 509 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 495 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,169 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 795 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 457 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,131 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley