Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degreeplan advices of UMPI BBA Management & Leadership Concentration
Hi DegreeForum,

I came to the forum ~ a moth ago and posted this: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid416161, asking your guys' advice on choosing whether Management Leadership or Project Management track and I have decided to go with the Management leadership track, and I also need to thank @bjcheung77, @levelup and @ss20ts.

In the mean time I read a few degree plans on this forum and wikis, and this degree plan this the one I am going with: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

In the past month I have knocked down a few courses on Sophia(54 credits) 

Your Location: Ontario, Canada
Your Age: 28
What kind of degree do you want?: Business undergrad for now, MBA or Georgia Tech OMSA later
Current Regional Accredited Credits: My past undergrad school in China is a disaster in paper work and now the campus I went to got shut up. So basically no

But I do have an MCIT(Master of Computer Information Technology) from NAU(Northern Arizona Uni) 30 credit hours of grad-level studies

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 
Sophia Credits: 54(but a lot of them have pretty bad grades like in 70% or 80% since I was rushing it, but later finished courses got better grades was in 90% since I got more used to this format, if I want to apply for some good grad school, does grades on sophia matters?)

Ancient Greek Philosophers
Art History I
Art History II
Business Law
Conflict Resolution
Environmental Science
Financial Accounting
Human Biology
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Web Development
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Project Management
U.S. History I
U.S. History II
Visual Communications
Workplace Communication

Sophia in progress:
Approaches to Studying Religions(pretty boring, any suggestion on substitutes?)
Introduction to Sociology: Embracing Diversity and Collaboration
Human Biology Lab

Haven't move on to Study.com yet.

Any certifications or military experience? I have a CompTIA A+, PMP, Coursera Google IT and Project Management, and Meta Front End Developer. Also Google Data Analyst in progress(yes I study for fun)
Budget: under 6K USD for undergrad, 10-20K for OMSA or UIUC iMBA
Commitments: Only part-time employment, newcomer to Canada, and my past work experience was not that much recognized
Dedicated time to study: 30-40hrs a week
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal. I am looking to finish in two sessions,  one session would be even better
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No, but maybe OSAP will grant me a small loan after I receive my PR
[-] The following 1 user Likes whereismyramen's post:
  • ss20ts
Wow, you're another person who did the NAU MCIT right before they closed the program off! Bravo, that's a good job in getting that Masters in the bag. Many people (including myself) love learning and getting an education our way, from certs, degrees, experience, to fill knowledge and learning gaps, and more. Having said that, even though I suggest a balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience, I look at the cheap, easy, fast, plus the added ROI/Value, lastly the personalized progression... The final point for your journey is missing the progression, you're going all over the place because you think you need an additional undergrad to get into the MBA or another Masters.

It's great you're taking the cheapie/freebie certs, plus you have undergrad/grad degrees, and you've got some experience at your age as well. If you haven't applied to the UMPI degree yet or sent in your transcripts, you may want to hold off on that. I suggest skipping the UMPI BABA/MAOL combo in favor of something different... Apply directly towards the MBA/Masters, if you have a good enough grade that is from your MCIT alone. Here's a post of mine from today, just about an hour ago on various methods for this person to find their end goal: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418646
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(04-29-2024, 11:59 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, you're another person who did the NAU MCIT right before they closed the program off!  Bravo, that's a good job in getting that Masters in the bag.  Many people (including myself) love learning and getting an education our way, from certs, degrees, experience, to fill knowledge and learning gaps, and more.  Having said that, even though I suggest a balanced mix/match trifecta of certs, degree, experience, I look at the cheap, easy, fast, plus the added ROI/Value, lastly the personalized progression... The final point for your journey is missing the progression, you're going all over the place because you think you need an additional undergrad to get into the MBA or another Masters.

It's great you're taking the cheapie/freebie certs, plus you have undergrad/grad degrees, and you've got some experience at your age as well. If you haven't applied to the UMPI degree yet or sent in your transcripts, you may want to hold off on that.  I suggest skipping the UMPI BABA/MAOL combo in favor of something different... Apply directly towards the MBA/Masters, if you have a good enough grade that is from your MCIT alone.  Here's a post of mine from today, just about an hour ago on various methods for this person to find their end goal: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418646

Hi bjcheung77,

I feel like I am in the right forum/online community since I could meet many like-minded people (study for fun). Thanks for the helpful advice so far. Applying directly toward a master's level of education was my first choice before, and I received admission from UTAsutin's online Master of AI as well. Probably I wasn't so clear on my previous undergrad situation, the uni I went to basically shut down and they've lost my transcript so I could not send my official undergrad transcript to UT-Austin to confirm my enrollment-- UIUC online MBA is the same scenario. I applied to UMPI yesterday to ensure I can still get in in July, but I haven't sent them any transcripts yet. So basically I have to start all over again, just to get a bachelor's degree. Suggestions from people like you could be really helpful for me to get my bachelor's ASAP so I could finally move on to what matters-- an real master's learning experience(NAU MCIT is just a waste of time, but I do have a 4/4.0 GPA). Or do you know how to waive the requirement of an official undergrad transcript?

Thanks
Ask the institutions you have applied to and have been accepted for conditional acceptance of transcripts and an option to take classes towards the degree, this is while you wait for your undergrad evaluation to be completed (wow, both UIUC and UT-Austin accepted you, I am really totally jealous... just kidding).

Here's a 'controversial and risky' option instead of going the UMPI route, do the ENEB MBA/Masters combo and have it evaluated a RA Bachelors and Grad cert by reviewing the favorable evaluations on the WIKI, it should be cheaper, easier, faster and will get you that international bachelors check box...

Note 1: Your MCIT from NAU actually is not a waste of time, it's a pretty standard program most people would want to get into and call it a day as it would check the box for most applications and is coming from a public/state university, it's much better than a for-profit degree with a similar offering.

Note 2: There is a sale going on for the ENEB Masters and exam, $290 Euro each. You can then get it evaluated for $150 each, total would run you about $1K-ish for both Bachelors and Grad cert equivalency and if you get ENEB to give you the exam option, you can finish it 'open-book' promptly.

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, SophiaPrincess
(04-29-2024, 01:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ask the institutions you have applied to and have been accepted for conditional acceptance of transcripts and an option to take classes towards the degree, this is while you wait for your undergrad evaluation to be completed (wow, both UIUC and UT-Austin accepted you, I am really totally jealous... just kidding).  

Here's a 'controversial and risky' option instead of going the UMPI route, do the ENEB MBA/Masters combo and have it evaluated a RA Bachelors and Grad cert by reviewing the favorable evaluations on the WIKI, it should be cheaper, easier, faster and will get you that international bachelors check box...  

Note 1: Your MCIT from NAU actually is not a waste of time, it's a pretty standard program most people would want to get into and call it a day as it would check the box for most applications and is coming from a public/state university, it's much better than a for-profit degree with a similar offering.

Note 2: There is a sale going on for the ENEB Masters and exam, $290 Euro each.  You can then get it evaluated for $150 each, total would run you about $1K-ish for both Bachelors and Grad cert equivalency and if you get ENEB to give you the exam option, you can finish it 'open-book' promptly.

Wow, that was super eye-opening. Much appreciated and I will check out ENEB. But basically at this time undergrad evaluation is not an option for me, I even tried to bribe some school admin to check even more thoroughly Sad  

But one thing on the side is some school will reject you if you had a MBA prior.. Is there any way I could only get a bachelors? And also what is RA bachelors? I googled but I don't think "resident assistant" is the answer...
Regionally Accredited and/or Regional Accreditation, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms

As I mentioned, that's 'controversial and risky', I wouldn't go that route... I just pointed it out as a last resort type of thing... Anyways, the UMPI route should be your best bet actually if you really need the Bachelors. Don't go for anything Nationally Accredited, the transfers are much more restricted and less successful...

(04-29-2024, 07:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Regionally Accredited and/or Regional Accreditation, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms

As I mentioned, that's 'controversial and risky', I wouldn't go that route... I just pointed it out as a last resort type of thing... Anyways, the UMPI route should be your best bet actually if you really need the Bachelors.   Don't go for anything Nationally Accredited, the transfers are much more restricted and less successful...

Is a technically feasible to talk to UMPI to see what credit will transfer and what will not?
(05-07-2024, 12:37 PM)whereismyramen Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 07:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Regionally Accredited and/or Regional Accreditation, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms

As I mentioned, that's 'controversial and risky', I wouldn't go that route... I just pointed it out as a last resort type of thing... Anyways, the UMPI route should be your best bet actually if you really need the Bachelors.   Don't go for anything Nationally Accredited, the transfers are much more restricted and less successful...

Is a technically feasible to talk to UMPI to see what credit will transfer and what will not?

UMPI won't tell you what will transfer until you apply and submit transcripts.
You're got so many credits, you would most likely have the bulk of the general education and electives completed, you would just need the major. Here's a reply I made a few minutes ago: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid419079

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Gen Ed Req colonelcamp 18 531 1 hour ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  How is grading done at umpi? Sarajane 2 278 05-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does UMPI accept transcript report from ACEI? lucillegyl 5 539 05-18-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI CBE Bachelor program. Sum007@ 7 410 05-18-2024, 05:40 PM
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 7 347 05-18-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI Requesting Resume & HS Transcript SophiaPrincess 13 698 05-17-2024, 10:45 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help, UMPI Transcript Evaluation Errors SophiaPrincess 5 209 05-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI Degree Completion Help SantaMaria 15 1,542 05-14-2024, 05:04 PM
  UMPI application achraf15 6 664 05-11-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: achraf15
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 316 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess