Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plans that incorporate Business and Psychology
I'm a 46 year old starting with 0 college credits. I'm interested in finding and/or creating a degree plan that would incorporate both a business degree and a psychology degree. I know there is a field of study called Business Psychology. It's quite intriguing, but it isn't widely offered.

Would it be necessary to complete each degree separately?

Should I consider getting a Bachelor's in Business followed by a Master's in Psych or vice versa?

I would like to get some level of a degree within the next 2 years. It would be amazing to have both degrees (if needed) within 3 years.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

I'm looking for the most cost effective way to get this done.

Thanks so much for your help.
Do you mean you want to get into the organizational psychology field? From what I've seen about people in that field, they have degrees in psych. Their master's is in org psych. Many also have PhD's in org psych as well.
(12-06-2021, 04:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do you mean you want to get into the organizational psychology field? From what I've seen about people in that field, they have degrees in psych. Their master's is in org psych. Many also have PhD's in org psych as well.
I was looking for something that would incorporate principles of business and also human behavior. I’ll look into organizational psychology. It may cover those bases. 

Do you know if any of the big 3 offer this program? 

TIA
There are so many variables in play, what do you do for a living? Do you have commitments such as children, family, work, etc? How many hours do you have a day dedicated for study? Do you have a budget or tuition assistance, reimbursement from work? Are you interested in competency based degree programs? There are options, it all depends how you would like to "slice" this pie...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Walden has an Org Psychology Master's: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...psychology

I would probably get a Psych degree from TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

It doesn't appear to be necessary, but you could ALSO get a Business degree at UMPI with a concentration in Management & Leadership. Again, this is not really necessary. But it does seem to align better with your goals than business degrees at TESU. And getting a second degree at UMPI would cost roughly the same (possibly less than) getting both a Psych & Business degree at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-06-2021, 05:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are so many variables in play, what do you do for a living?  Do you have commitments such as children, family, work, etc?  How many hours do you have a day dedicated for study?  Do you have a budget or tuition assistance, reimbursement from work?  Are you interested in competency based degree programs?  There are options, it all depends how you would like to "slice" this pie...
I’m currently working a healthcare contract for around 40 hours a week. My child is an adult now. My husband is pretty self sufficient too . I would have about 15 hours a week to dedicate to my studies until my contract is over.  As a contract employee I don’t have any educational benefits. I would be paying cash for everything. My desire would be to get it done for 5k, but that may be unrealistic. I have explored the forums and I am open to competency based programs, as long as the transcripts wouldn’t impede the process of gaining additional levels of education in the future. 

Thanks for your questions. They really helped me to think about what I want to achieve.
For a bachelor's degree for $5k or less, you're definitely looking at a business degree UMPI. It's $1400 per session (each session is 2 months). Paired with most of your credits from Sophia.org @ $79/mo, you should be able to easily get a degree for $5k or less. I don't think you're going to find a Bachelor's degree in Psych for that cheap nor will you be able to get Bachelor's + Master's. You might be able to get them both for $5k each, maybe, depending on how fast you're able to go through a Walden degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-06-2021, 07:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For a bachelor's degree for $5k or less, you're definitely looking at a business degree UMPI. It's $1400 per session (each session is 2 months). Paired with most of your credits from Sophia.org @ $79/mo, you should be able to easily get a degree for $5k or less. I don't think you're going to find a Bachelor's degree in Psych for that cheap nor will you be able to get Bachelor's + Master's. You might be able to get them both for $5k each, maybe, depending on how fast you're able to go through a Walden degree.
Getting each degree for 5k-7k would be great. I’m going to check the links you posted in your other response to see which would work best. Thanks so much for your advice.
Which state are you in?  While you're deciding on the degree/school, it's best to pick up credits with Sophia.org or if you're into exams, with CLEP/ModernStates.org - I would get up to 60+ credits while you're "deciding".  If you still can't decide on that, then continue with taking courses that transfer to the Big 3/CBE programs, here's a list of Sophia.org courses: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-06-2021, 08:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Which state are you in?  While you're deciding on the degree/school, it's best to pick up credits with Sophia.org or if you're into exams, with CLEP/ModernStates.org - I would get up to 60+ credits while you're "deciding".  If you still can't decide on that, then continue with taking courses that transfer to the Big 3/CBE programs, here's a list of Sophia.org courses: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
I live in North Dakota. Thanks for the resources you’ve offered. I’ve got lots of good stuff to look through this week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 375 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 149 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 298 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 262 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 271 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 213 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 561 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 311 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 315 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 150 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM