Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Degree Plan UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor
Hi everyone,

My name is Raquel and I need help with the classes I should take at Sophia/Study/CLEP before I enroll at UMPI and the classes I should take at UMPI. I would love to get some help and put a Degree Plan together so I can follow. I haven't taken any classes at Sophia/Study/CLEP yet. 

Desired degree: Bachelor of Liberal Studies-management minor at UMPI or UMPI BABA M&L (open for ideas). I got laid off recently, but I was working in Trust and Safety, which I like. In the future, I would love to be more involved in Policy implementation. 
Budget: I have a max of $9K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible as I got laid off but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I am ready to go full-time on it and finish as quickly as possible. I am going to take advantage of my unemployment time. I just have to worry about my dog at the moment. 
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed now that I am unemployed. However, when I get another role I will be available to study during the evening on weekdays and full-time on the weekend 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within a year. 
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: I will only have FAFSA to help me out. 
Current Regional Accredited Credits: All the credits I have I got at Southwestern College - CA (Chula Vista)

BIOL 100 - Principles of Biology (1 credit)
BIOL 101 - Principles of Biology Lab (3 credits)
BIOL 260 - Human Anatomy (4 credits)
BIOL 261 - Physiology (4 credits)
BIOL 265 - Microbiology (4 credits)
CHEM 100 - Intro to General Chem (4 credits)
CHEM 110 - Elementary organic and Bio Chem (4 credits)
PSYC 101 - General Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC 106 - Human Sexuality (3 credits)
ENGL 115 - College Composition (4 credits)
MATH 60 - Inter Algebra (4 credits)
SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
COMM 103 - Oral Communication (3 credits)
HLTH 204 - Fundamentals of Nutrition (3 credits)
ART 104 - Introduction to Art (3 credits)
CD 170 - Principles of Child Development (3 credits)
PORT 101 - Elementary Portuguese (5 credits)

Thank you!!
You're not even 30 yet - I believe the UMPI BABA M&L would be just as 'easy' for you to complete and give you greater long term value (ROI) on your resume.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • Elchavo, ss20ts
(06-09-2024, 09:00 PM)allvia Wrote: You're not even 30 yet - I believe the UMPI BABA M&L would be just as 'easy' for you to complete and give you greater long term value (ROI) on your resume.

I thought about that program as well, thanks for commenting on that. I have added to my post. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elchavo's post:
  • allvia
(06-09-2024, 09:19 PM)Elchavo Wrote:
(06-09-2024, 09:00 PM)allvia Wrote: You're not even 30 yet - I believe the UMPI BABA M&L would be just as 'easy' for you to complete and give you greater long term value (ROI) on your resume.

I thought about that program as well, thanks for commenting on that. I have added to my post. Thank you.

Here is the wiki page (you're good on the foreign language and science w/lab already - two of the recommended 'must haves' before UMPI) - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Elchavo
@Elchavo, Welcome to the board, that's a good initial post with the addendum and template! I suggest going with the UMPI M & L or PM & IS, either would do as I believe they would have at least 2 or 3 of the classes that can go towards the MAOL if you decide to go that route later on down the road. With that budget, energy, time to complete your studies, you may be well suited for UMPI's competency based education offerings. At the time being, you should create a spreadsheet with the requirements for the degree and see if you can complete the Sophia.org and Study.com credits before completing the residency requirements at UMPI. Gen Ed & Degree plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Elchavo
(06-09-2024, 11:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Elchavo, Welcome to the board, that's a good initial post with the addendum and template! I suggest going with the UMPI M & L or PM & IS, either would do as I believe they would have at least 2 or 3 of the classes that can go towards the MAOL if you decide to go that route later on down the road.  With that budget, energy, time to complete your studies, you may be well suited for UMPI's competency based education offerings.  At the time being, you should create a spreadsheet with the requirements for the degree and see if you can complete the Sophia.org and Study.com credits before completing the residency requirements at UMPI. Gen Ed & Degree plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

Hi bjcheung77

Thank you for your recommendations. Based on the credits that I already have, do you have any recommendations on GEC I should take? That is the confusing part for me at the moment. From my understanding, I am lacking in Business math which is required for the program, and maybe another English class like Composition II? I have over 50 credits. I just created a spreadsheet and I am putting this puzzle together. I definitely need help putting this Degree plan together, because I would get all the remaining classes before September so I can apply for UMPI M & L.
You should not wait to apply, getting set up is not immediate. Apply now, send in the your existing transcripts now - you can send in the Sophia, etc credits later (before you start). Apply for degree you're leaning most towards (say BABA), you can always switch (to BLS) before starting is you have need. Also, since you're using FASFA apply for that now as well (the financial aid delays are all over the news, get that started ASAP).
Amberton University

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • Elchavo, ss20ts
(06-10-2024, 06:35 AM)allvia Wrote: You should not wait to apply, getting set up is not immediate. Apply now, send in the your existing transcripts now - you can send in the Sophia, etc credits later (before you start). Apply for degree you're leaning most towards (say BABA), you can always switch (to BLS) before starting is you have need. Also, since you're using FASFA apply for that now as well (the financial aid delays are all over the news, get that started ASAP).

That is exactly what I am doing. I applied last week and now I just waiting for my school to send them the transcripts. I have an appointment today with a counselor and I am going to add that I am leaning towards the BABA. If I can ask you something, with the knowledge you have, would you mind letting me know after looking at the classes I took, if I still need to take any more classes for the GEC requirement? I think Im good right?
No, you're not, you really need to review the WIKI I linked you earlier for the Gen Eds. You need an English Comp II, as an example, you want to review everything in here to make sure your options are complete. Otherwise, you want to make sure your degree plan uses a class at UMPI to make up for the missing General Eds: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia, Elchavo
(06-09-2024, 08:17 PM)Elchavo Wrote: Hi everyone,

My name is Raquel and I need help with the classes I should take at Sophia/Study/CLEP before I enroll at UMPI and the classes I should take at UMPI. I would love to get some help and put a Degree Plan together so I can follow. I haven't taken any classes at Sophia/Study/CLEP yet. 

Desired degree: Bachelor of Liberal Studies-management minor at UMPI or UMPI BABA M&L (open for ideas). I got laid off recently, but I was working in Trust and Safety, which I like. In the future, I would love to be more involved in Policy implementation. 
Budget: I have a max of $9K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible as I got laid off but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I am ready to go full-time on it and finish as quickly as possible. I am going to take advantage of my unemployment time. I just have to worry about my dog at the moment. 
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed now that I am unemployed. However, when I get another role I will be available to study during the evening on weekdays and full-time on the weekend 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within a year. 
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: I will only have FAFSA to help me out. 
Current Regional Accredited Credits: All the credits I have I got at Southwestern College - CA (Chula Vista)

BIOL 100 - Principles of Biology (1 credit)
BIOL 101 - Principles of Biology Lab (3 credits)
BIOL 260 - Human Anatomy (4 credits)
BIOL 261 - Physiology (4 credits)
BIOL 265 - Microbiology (4 credits)
CHEM 100 - Intro to General Chem (4 credits)
CHEM 110 - Elementary organic and Bio Chem (4 credits)
PSYC 101 - General Psychology (3 credits)
PSYC 106 - Human Sexuality (3 credits)
ENGL 115 - College Composition (4 credits)
MATH 60 - Inter Algebra (4 credits)
SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology (3 credits)
COMM 103 - Oral Communication (3 credits)
HLTH 204 - Fundamentals of Nutrition (3 credits)
ART 104 - Introduction to Art (3 credits)
CD 170 - Principles of Child Development (3 credits)
PORT 101 - Elementary Portuguese (5 credits)

Thank you!!

I think your choices of subject are more geared towards a Health Science degree like Nursing, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! Degree Plan skinmasksean 7 520 2 hours ago
Last Post: asnopya
  BABA Marketing from UMPI Raza Shah 6 155 09-24-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 411 09-24-2024, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 181 09-24-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 323 09-23-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 279 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 297 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 217 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 591 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  EU Bachelor of Professional Studies in Technology Management tonyend2001 2 154 09-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: tonyend2001