Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
General Chemistry

StraighterLine: 3
Calculus I

Any certifications or military experience? None
Budget: $10k.
Commitments: Work full time.
Dedicated time to study: 20-25 hours a week
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 3 years.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Pell Grants

I finally settled for a degree option, and it's for computer science! I'm looking at TESU, I know only 90 credits can come from ACE providers and 30 credits have to be RA. I'm a little confused in regards to how I can obtain those, I've been reading the wiki but it all sounds very complicated in regards to obtaining RA credit, I also saw I can take TECEPS which count as RA credit but not residency. I don't mind paying the residency fee, I work full time so I don't think taking 15 credits in 1 term would be possible for me. What are some ways to obtain those, I attached a file regarding the classes I've finished and a possible degree plan but I know it falls short on the RA credits, that's where I need help, I based it off the current BACS & CIS degree plan found in the wiki, and if not TESU, I was also looking at WGU for Computer Science or any other option. Thanks!

Also previously with the other degree options I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, I ended up changing jobs and ended up as a "Supply Chain Analyst" but really all I use is SQL, Excel and their ERP, majority of it I learned with the Google Data Analytics cert in coursera. However, I did realize that analytics, data science and programming (not specifically tied to Supply Chain) really interests me which is why I'm opting for Computer Science, since I saw that you can move up to being a Data Engineer or mess around with Machine Learning, that's still super far away but yeah.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BA in Computer Science.xlsx (Size: 14.86 KB / Downloads: 28)
Your degree plan is lovely. I really like how you laid it out. That said, you definitely do need more RA credit. Have you already applied to TESU? I would do that ASAP and see if you can get in on the 7 FREE TECEPs. Even if you only pass 1 or 2 TECEPs, that's still free RA credit. If you still need RA credit after that, you can fill up your electives with credit from XAMK or Metropolia.

With all those Business credits currently listed in your electives, though, you might as well just go for the BSBA CIS as well as the BACS. It would require only a little more effort than just the BACS alone at that point.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Your Google Data Analytics cert should be worth a bunch of credits too. 

ITS-1300 Database Fundamentals, ITS-2310 Database Programming, ITS-199 Special Topics in ITS, COS-2060 R Programming
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@OP, did you complete the Pierpont BOG AAS from your first thread? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Degree-Advice
You're no longer looking at UMPI BABA Supply Chain? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-a-degree
From your current credits, I thought you would be doing the Pierpont to UMPI Bachelors in Applied Sciences with a couple or triple minor.
If TESU is your goal, then I suggest you do the BACS/BSBA CIS combo as you mentioned, you don't have to do too many extra courses.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-08-2023, 02:47 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Your degree plan is lovely. I really like how you laid it out. That said, you definitely do need more RA credit. Have you already applied to TESU? I would do that ASAP and see if you can get in on the 7 FREE TECEPs. Even if you only pass 1 or 2 TECEPs, that's still free RA credit. If you still need RA credit after that, you can fill up your electives with credit from XAMK or Metropolia.

With all those Business credits currently listed in your electives, though, you might as well just go for the BSBA CIS as well as the BACS. It would require only a little more effort than just the BACS alone at that point.

No, I haven't I read somewhere here in the forum that the deadline had already passed, oh well! I'll apply regardless, by the way with the current plan I have about 18 RA credits, so I have to get 12 more credits, I saw that metropolia has:

• Professional studies in Cloud Technologies - 30 ECTS for 450€

• Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science - 75 ECTS for 975€
Or do you happen to have any recommendations in regards to which one to choose? Also I think I will opt for the BACS/BSBA CIS, since I would just need a few more credits to take based off what the wiki says.

(09-09-2023, 01:23 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: Your Google Data Analytics cert should be worth a bunch of credits too. 

ITS-1300 Database Fundamentals, ITS-2310 Database Programming, ITS-199 Special Topics in ITS, COS-2060 R Programming

Thanks for the info! I did not know that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JArody07's post:
  • lucillegyl
It's not yet passed. Probably. They sent out an email saying that it would be ending soon, once funds ran out, but TECEPs are still free for the moment (as far as we know). It's worth applying and sending in your completed work to at least see if the TECEPs are still available.

That said, if you want to go with Metropolia, that's also fine. I'd probably do the Cloud Technologies one and maybe give their Discrete Math a whirl for an extra 15€. Plus throw in as many of their free classes as you're willing to take. It's good to be a few credits over rather than a few credits under.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(09-09-2023, 01:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @OP, did you complete the Pierpont BOG AAS from your first thread? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Degree-Advice
You're no longer looking at UMPI BABA Supply Chain? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-a-degree
From your current credits, I thought you would be doing the Pierpont to UMPI Bachelors in Applied Sciences with a couple or triple minor.
If TESU is your goal, then I suggest you do the BACS/BSBA CIS combo as you mentioned, you don't have to do too many extra courses.

- No, I have not completed the BOG AAS. Although I think with my current credits it would be a no brainer to apply for the BOG AAS?
- No, I decided to go for a Computer Science degree instead because I think it would look better on my resume and I'm not sure but I don't think it would take much longer than a UMPI degree? Also I know that UMPI had proposed a CS degree but well as far as I know it's not clear when that will happen, however I'm sure now I want to work in data science/analytics as I stated earlier.
- I thought the BAS from UMPI was not for sure since some people weren't being allowed into the program even if they met the requirements? That's also why I did not consider it. But even if that's the case would I still be able to minor in CS?
- I think TESU fits most of my goals plus I would get two degrees with the BACS/BSBA CIS combo as you said.

(09-09-2023, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not yet passed. Probably. They sent out an email saying that it would be ending soon, once finds ran out, but TECEPs are still free for the moment (as far as we know). It's worth applying and sending in your completed work to at least see if the TECEPs are still available.

That said, if you want to go with Metropolia, that's also fine. I'd probably do the Cloud Technologies one and maybe give their Discrete Math a whirl for an extra 15€. Plus throw in as many of their free classes as you're willing to take. It's good to be a few credits over rather than a few credits under.

I will be applying to TESU then, thanks!

Also, just to be sure if I go with Metropolia, those credits would fall in the Degree Electives section (30 Credits where most of the business courses are) of my degree plan, right? Sorry, I just want to be sure so everything goes smooth.
Yes! Get the Pierpont BOG AAS... just submit all your current credits and when it's evaluated, apply for graduation, wait for diploma to arrive, that's it! Hmm, you need to decide for yourself if TESU or UMPI degree is right for you or not, it depends on the person, I recommend doing a trifecta of certs, degree, experience... You're pretty young, so I highly recommend doing the BACS/BSBA CIS combo and you can work on the Coursera/TADA options in addition to that... You can start with the Coursera/TADA first if you wanted, then work on the Sophia.org/Study.com combo for the reset of these courses required.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-09-2023, 04:52 PM)JArody07 Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 04:50 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not yet passed. Probably. They sent out an email saying that it would be ending soon, once finds ran out, but TECEPs are still free for the moment (as far as we know). It's worth applying and sending in your completed work to at least see if the TECEPs are still available.

Also, just to be sure if I go with Metropolia, those credits would fall in the Degree Electives section (30 Credits where most of the business courses are) of my degree plan, right? Sorry, I just want to be sure so everything goes smooth.

Some of them might go into the AoS. But most of them will probably wind up in electives, yes.

And the BSBA CIS only has 15 credits of electives, not 30. What I would do:

Apply to TESU for the BSBA CIS.
If you've already applied for the BACS, email advising as soon as you're in applicant status and tell them to ADD the BSBA CIS to your degree plan.
Also get them to add the ASNSM Math (you're most of the way there as it is with your current degree plan).
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/advising/index
If the TECEPs are free for you, I might suggest signing up for the following:

Managerial Accounting
Network Technology
World History from 1600 to Present/Music History II/Introduction to News Reporting (Pick whichever you think is easiest; will go where you currently have PHI-1300. Don't take PHI-1300 right now if there is any chance that you might wind up taking the 15-credit flat-rate term in the future. You said you probably won't, but I'd leave it open for the future.)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (use this to get the ASNSM Math; this exam should require little/no additional study)
Business in Society (meets BSBA requirement)
Introduction to Marketing (meets BSBA requirement)

These are not necessarily the easiest exams, but the free TECEPs only apply if they're valid for your degree plan. You've already filled a lot of your degree plan with Sophia/SDC/SL classes, so there's not a lot of applicable "free space" left. This also depends on exactly how your official evaluation(s) pan out. You can also ask to add another degree/certificate (or two) where the TECEPs should apply. For instance, ask for a Psych degree/certificate so you can take the Psych TECEPs. Or BSBA Marketing/Marketing certificate to take the Marketing TECEPs. You don't have to graduate with all these degrees/certificates. They'll just be for... planning purposes. Big Grin

Sign up even if you're not confident of being able to pass. If you run out of time, take the exam(s) anyway. You might just pass. There is no penalty for failing a TECEP except for it using up one of your test attempts. (Student are allowed to take a TECEP twice.) It won't show up on your transcript at all.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(09-09-2023, 07:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes! Get the Pierpont BOG AAS... just submit all your current credits and when it's evaluated, apply for graduation, wait for diploma to arrive, that's it!  Hmm, you need to decide for yourself if TESU or UMPI degree is right for you or not, it depends on the person, I recommend doing a trifecta of certs, degree, experience...  You're pretty young, so I highly recommend doing the BACS/BSBA CIS combo and you can work on the Coursera/TADA options in addition to that... You can start with the Coursera/TADA first if you wanted, then work on the Sophia.org/Study.com combo for the reset of these courses required.

Thank you! I will also do that.

(09-10-2023, 04:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 04:52 PM)JArody07 Wrote:

Some of them might go into the AoS. But most of them will probably wind up in electives, yes.

And the BSBA CIS only has 15 credits of electives, not 30. What I would do:

Apply to TESU for the BSBA CIS.
If you've already applied for the BACS, email advising as soon as you're in applicant status and tell them to ADD the BSBA CIS to your degree plan.
Also get them to add the ASNSM Math (you're most of the way there as it is with your current degree plan).
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/advising/index
If the TECEPs are free for you, I might suggest signing up for the following:

Managerial Accounting
Network Technology
World History from 1600 to Present/Music History II/Introduction to News Reporting (Pick whichever you think is easiest; will go where you currently have PHI-1300. Don't take PHI-1300 right now if there is any chance that you might wind up taking the 15-credit flat-rate term in the future. You said you probably won't, but I'd leave it open for the future.)
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (use this to get the ASNSM Math; this exam should require little/no additional study)
Business in Society (meets BSBA requirement)
Introduction to Marketing (meets BSBA requirement)

These are not necessarily the easiest exams, but the free TECEPs only apply if they're valid for your degree plan. You've already filled a lot of your degree plan with Sophia/SDC/SL classes, so there's not a lot of applicable "free space" left. This also depends on exactly how your official evaluation(s) pan out. You can also ask to add another degree/certificate (or two) where the TECEPs should apply. For instance, ask for a Psych degree/certificate so you can take the Psych TECEPs. Or BSBA Marketing/Marketing certificate to take the Marketing TECEPs. You don't have to graduate with all these degrees/certificates. They'll just be for... planning purposes. Big Grin

Sign up even if you're not confident of being able to pass. If you run out of time, take the exam(s) anyway. You might just pass. There is no penalty for failing a TECEP except for it using up one of your test attempts. (Student are allowed to take a TECEP twice.) It won't show up on your transcript at all.
Yes! thank you, It makes sense now, I also found your degree plan on the wiki for the BACS/BSBA CIS, so I'm following both plans as a way to see what other options are available to me. I also saw that yours prioritizes getting the BSBA CIS degree done first and then using those credits to complete the BACS, while the other plan is the opposite but overall it has made planning for the degree easier, my biggest concern was fulfilling that 30 RA Credit requirement so I'll do that with the free TECEPS/Metropolia credits. Also if I apply for the BOG AAS, that does not affect getting the ASNSM from TESU, right?

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...z_version)
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 2 56 2 hours ago
Last Post: starsfan33
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 3 280 5 hours ago
Last Post: spohara
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 201 6 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 251 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 247 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 202 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 543 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 288 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 302 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 148 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77