Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Advice for Transferring Associate into Quick Bachelors? Thanks!
(08-07-2023, 03:30 AM)bvndz Wrote: would you say baba management and leadership is easier than BLS management minor?

This depends on the student. All things being equal, I'd say they're probably about the same. But it depends on how you feel about business courses and what courses you're transferring to UMPI.

That said, the BABA is generally going to be more useful to most students than a BLS will be. The BABA may or may not be the easiest right now, but it may make things significantly easier down the road.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@bvndz - No, the BAS or BLS with a minor would always be cheaper, easier, faster than any other degree offered at UMPI. You can transfer in 60 credits in the free electives alone doing the simplest CSM, Coursera, Sophia.org, TEEX, and whatever else that isn't proctored or have writing assignments. When you're doing a BA or BABA at UMPI, they have specific courses that are required in the major, the BAS/BLS are minors where you have much more flexibility on what courses you want to take.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(08-07-2023, 03:30 AM)bvndz Wrote: would you say baba management and leadership is easier than BLS management minor?

Since the BABA has a lot more required courses and a lot fewer free electives, of course the BLS is going to be "easier." That being said, a BABA is more useful than a BLS.

Really, you need to decide not what's easier, but what your goal is.  Do you want a business degree? Then get a BABA.  If you don't care, and just want "any" degree, then get a BLS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • allvia, davewill, origamishuttle
(08-02-2023, 08:38 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Excelsior accepts Sophia credits and they aren't picky at all about them from what I know.  They also have the easiest GE requirements to meet by far, and don't require any RA credit (although you already have plenty so not an issue for you).

Here's what you need for the EU BLS:

Sophia
Ethics
Intro to Management (UL)
2 LL courses in anything

SDC or Coopersmith:
6 UL courses in SocSci or Humanities
1 UL course in Anything

Excelsior
Info Lit (1cr)
Cornerstone (UL)
Capstone (UL)

Tuition and fees for 7cr - ~ $4100
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TESU is also good, here's what you need for the BALS:

Sophia
Sociology
Ethics
3 LL AOS courses with a 200-level or higher equivalency (Visual Comm, Business Comm, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Conflict Resolution, Public Speaking, Stats)
4cr of Free Electives (any 3cr course plus a 1cr course)
I'd probably do a couple of extra courses, maybe College Algebra and College Math would be easy, because I can't remember if Trig and Precalc are the same at TESU.

SDC or Coopersmith (plus 1 particular LawShelf course)
5 UL courses in the AoS (so Social Sciences, Humanities, or CompSci)

Tuition and fees for 6cr - ~ $6700
OR
Tuition & fees for a FT/FR 15cr term there - $4300
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what you need for the UMPI BLS:

Sophia
Biological science (Human Bio or Nutrition)
Sociology
US History I or II
Spanish I
Intro to Ethics
a 1cr course

UMPI
Hands-on Art
9 additional courses (6-7 will be in the minor; be aware that the EDU minor will take longer than the Mgmt minor, it's more work)

$1500/term, and you can prob finish in 2 terms, or even 1 (not common)

I would choose UMPI, because it will be the cheapest if you can finish quickly.  I would also NOT choose the Education minor, because you will probably have to do those courses via an alt-cert program anyway, they won't take your college coursework in place of that (I was doing Teacher's of Tomorrow and you had to go through the entire program, no waivers).

For someone starting totally from scratch, would UMPI be the best and cheapest? How do the 9 additional non-Sophia/clep courses work? Is it an online proctored program?
If you can write papers quickly, UMPI will be significantly cheaper than anywhere else. As of the next session, UMPI is entirely papers and projects; there are no exams for UMPI classes now. There is no proctoring because there are no exams.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
hexclep Wrote:For someone starting totally from scratch, would UMPI be the best and cheapest? How do the 9 additional non-Sophia/clep courses work? Is it an online proctored program?

In brief, the first 90 credits can be the same for most institutions we recommend, you can take it from CLEP/MS or Sophia.org and the final 30 credits depends on the degree/institution of your choice. The 10 (not 9) required UMPI residency credits will be assignments/assessments, there are no proctors for any of that, but they do have 'technology' to decipher if it's your work or not. You should start by providing more details and then ask questions related to the degree/institution you're looking at...

You're going to get varying answers that are subjective in nature, it really depends on a many things, your budget, commitment, time management and more. We don't know your situation and can't gauge how well each person does things unless they provide more details. You want to complete the addendum/template as I mentioned on your thread here, update that thread with these details and we'll have a better picture overall: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 364 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 133 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 10 207 Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 290 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 258 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 267 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 210 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 554 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 307 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 314 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM