Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Advice - Pierpont, UMPI, WGU?
On the newly overhauled YourPace site the same pages identify the business administration degree both as a BA in Business Administration and as a BBA, for example on this page for the Management & Leadership concentration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • Darknigh7
I see the Favicon is still Wordpress too. Smile Clearly a work in progress.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(12-08-2023, 03:39 PM)CenterSquarEd Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 03:28 PM)ss20ts Wrote: The BABA is now the BBA which is a good thing. A BA in business never made any sense anyway.

Oh and one more thing. If you start in January, you'll most likely graduate from UMPI before Pierpont. If UMPI takes you 2 terms, then you'll still graduate in May, but UMPI graduates in really early May.
Oh, that’s a great thing. Do we know what that looks like on diplomas yet? I’ve seen people post older ones that said, “Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration” and don’t include the concentration. If it actually said, “Bachelor of Business Administration in Project Management & Information Systems” now, that opens up the audience quite a bit more… if it just says “Bachelor of Business Administration,” I still like that for OP, but it limits who’s attracted to UMPI.

No one has a BBA yet. This literally changed on the website overnight. Today is the first day we're seeing it. A BBA is a quite common in bus admin. PM & IS is the Concentration not the major. The major is BA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Darknigh7
Okay, friends.  I believe I've made some decisions with the help of some of you - thank you for your advice!

I've decided to ditch WGU and the BAS waiting-for-May thing and focus on a) Might as well get the mostly-free AAS from Pierpont and in the meantime, and b) Focus on the newly-renamed UMPI BBA in Project Management & Information Systems.

Here is my relevant degree plan from the first post in this thread, building on another poster's template:
UMPI BABA PM & Info Systems Degree Plan

I still have a couple of open questions whenever I hear back from UMPI, one regarding some RA transfer equivalents and the other on the PCJ 215 / COM 210 / BUS 210 mystery. Otherwise I believe I've got all my GECs and electives as well as major and concentrations satisfied.

think I now have everything I need to start in January. Open to any suggestions or corrections for things I've overlooked!

Thanks again for everyone's advice and patience!
[-] The following 2 users Like Darknigh7's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ss20ts
Great choice, do the Pierpont BOG with an emphasis of your liking, then ladder that up with the PM&IS. I wouldn't wait for anything, you have your plan, go for it... BTW, you don't have to wait for May to do the BAS, there is no application for the BAS directly, you apply for any of the degrees they have on Your Pace and 'switch' to that, for example you apply for the BLS with a minor or the BABA PM&IS, then when you enroll, ask to be moved to that BAS if you hit the requirements for entry.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Darknigh7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 2 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: intergalacticyam
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 134 Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 478 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 197 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 248 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 253 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 129 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 379 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 13 928 09-13-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Obrajnick
Question Help with Degree Planning Samhain408 5 287 09-12-2024, 11:14 PM