Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Practice Tests?
so anyone had luck finding out where these practice tests are located?

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
There are two different versions that folks are talking about - one is the Petersen's test that are available on the DOD Petersen's site, and the other are the DSST/Prommetric tests that are on the Prometric site. The Prometric are $5 each, and there's a wider variety of DSST's than on the Petersen's site, but there still aren't practice tests available for all DSSTs.

The Petersen's link is in lots of posts with lots of different access codes, so I won't duplicate that here because I'm not sure what code would be appropriate, but the DSST/Prometric site is available at: Prometric Online Testing - Error (when this link parses, it has a habit of changing, so if you get a Page Not Found just type in the link as shown: ibt.prometric.com/dsst ) Note that you need to create a new account and choost DSST Tests to go farther.
[SIZE="1"]
TESC, BA Psychology (Done, Graduation June 2009)
TESC, BSBA/Gen Mgmt. (In Progress)

CLEP: Freshman Col Comp 77| Info Systems & Apps 74| Intro to Psych 79| A. & I. Literature 79| Principles of Marketing 76| Human Growth & Dev. 74| Intro to Ed. Psych 74| Biology 74| Sociology 77| Natural Sciences 69| English Comp w/ Essay 59| Macroeconomics 70| Microeconomics 69
DSST: Mgmt. Info Systems 466| Environment & Humanity 71| Organizational Behavior 73| Astronomy 72| Technical Writing 65| General Anthropology 73| Human/Cultural Geography 70| Physical Geology 58| Fundamentals of Counseling 74| Ethics in America 467
ALEKS: Business Statistics| Intro to Statistics| Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
TECEP: Behavior Mod. Techniques| Psych of Personality| Experimental Psych| Social Psych| Psych of Women | Abnormal Psych
12 Asstd. FEMAs

Current/Up Next:
DSSTs Substance Abuse, Prin. of Supervision & Human Res. Mgmt.
ALEKS PreCalculus
[/SIZE]
^^^ I have an account with DSST/Prometric but I am still unable to access the practice exams. I just keep getting redirected to the page that lists all the exams when I click on the "practice exams" folder. Looks like I'll have give them a call. :confused:

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
swisha2k Wrote:^^^ I have an account with DSST/Prometric but I am still unable to access the practice exams. I just keep getting redirected to the page that lists all the exams when I click on the "practice exams" folder. Looks like I'll have give them a call. :confused:

If the acct you're using is the same as the acct you use to take *real* DSSTs, you'll need to create a second acct to take the practice DSSTs. The site isn't set up to allow you to select practice vs. real tests under one acct., and real tests require the proctor code and a set IP. If you see all of the DSST tests, as opposed to just a subset of DSST tests, you're in under your real acct, not a practice acct.
[SIZE="1"]
TESC, BA Psychology (Done, Graduation June 2009)
TESC, BSBA/Gen Mgmt. (In Progress)

CLEP: Freshman Col Comp 77| Info Systems & Apps 74| Intro to Psych 79| A. & I. Literature 79| Principles of Marketing 76| Human Growth & Dev. 74| Intro to Ed. Psych 74| Biology 74| Sociology 77| Natural Sciences 69| English Comp w/ Essay 59| Macroeconomics 70| Microeconomics 69
DSST: Mgmt. Info Systems 466| Environment & Humanity 71| Organizational Behavior 73| Astronomy 72| Technical Writing 65| General Anthropology 73| Human/Cultural Geography 70| Physical Geology 58| Fundamentals of Counseling 74| Ethics in America 467
ALEKS: Business Statistics| Intro to Statistics| Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
TECEP: Behavior Mod. Techniques| Psych of Personality| Experimental Psych| Social Psych| Psych of Women | Abnormal Psych
12 Asstd. FEMAs

Current/Up Next:
DSSTs Substance Abuse, Prin. of Supervision & Human Res. Mgmt.
ALEKS PreCalculus
[/SIZE]
lwmcc Wrote:If the acct you're using is the same as the acct you use to take *real* DSSTs, you'll need to create a second acct to take the practice DSSTs. The site isn't set up to allow you to select practice vs. real tests under one acct., and real tests require the proctor code and a set IP. If you see all of the DSST tests, as opposed to just a subset of DSST tests, you're in under your real acct, not a practice acct.

bingo!...
thank you.
Cool

Hello, do you have to be in the military or a relative to take Peterson's? I am not but need to take the MIS practice test. Please help. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 480 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,061 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,173 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,360 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 1,158 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,400 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,958 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,238 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis