Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
kayausa Wrote:From a PM:
I want to take Statistics- I was studding for the DSST, but when I discovered Aleks I decided to do them (cheaper... easier?)
Would you know which course I need and what it's listed under?
If my initial assesment shows I know 60% of the material... how long should it take me?
and when doing the course do you stop once you reach 70%- the passing mark for ACE?

Thank you!

Kaya

It took me 63 hours going from 0% percent, thus 40% percent of the material could take 25 hours. Course name is Introduction to Statistics (ALEK-0007).

Easier? It would depent, it is definetally not a walk in a park, the constant review of the questions.

You can only get an ACE transcript when you know 100% of the material, passing mark does not mater, you get a question over and over until you reach completion. At that point you can submit an ACE request to get the couse on the ACE transcript.
zefrench Wrote:It took me 63 hours going from 0% percent, thus 40% percent of the material could take 25 hours. Course name is Introduction to Statistics (ALEK-0007).

Easier? It would depent, it is definetally not a walk in a park, the constant review of the questions.

You can only get an ACE transcript when you know 100% of the material, passing mark does not mater, you get a question over and over until you reach completion. At that point you can submit an ACE request to get the couse on the ACE transcript.
thank you... it's interesting because I spoke to someone at aleks and they told me that ACE doesn't require 100%... only 70%.
now this is good news for everyone , including myself....
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
cookderosa Wrote:For anyone who might be a homeschool mom looking for an idea of level, they don't use placement exams, you have to just pick a class. I would say that the Beginning Algebra (3 credits) is perfect for the child who finished Saxon 87 and/or Algebra 1/2. I would even say that someone in or past Algebra 1 could could start with this class, and probably finish in less than a month with 3 easy math credits!

That would be me Wink

I have several of my children in Math-U-See, and I think that the oldest (while struggling in math in general) might enjoy an interactive math tutorial. I'll have to check it out!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
hsing Wrote:Free 1 month trial for ALEKS

Aleks @ TheChristianHome.Net

ALEKS

I tried to load that website/link but keep getting a page load error (and I'm not computer literate enough to figure out why). I'll try again tomorrow!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
kayausa Wrote:thank you... it's interesting because I spoke to someone at aleks and they told me that ACE doesn't require 100%... only 70%.

If you were to post details on this conversation, it would be really interesting.
zefrench Wrote:If you were to post details on this conversation, it would be really interesting.
He told me that once I hit the 70% mark I can call them up to send a transcript to ACE.
kayausa Wrote:He told me that once I hit the 70% mark I can call them up to send a transcript to ACE.

This is such wonderful news to me!Big Grin Thank you so much for mentioning it. I am at 65%+1% now.I was beginning to think I would need to get a tutor to help me finish off the last of it. I am utterly horrible at math.

By chance did the person you speak to specify if the 70% was based on the last assessment test ( so it was all 70% of blue line) or say if you hit 65% + 5% would that count as 70%? I suspect it is the last assessment test but I thought I'd ask.Smile
Mamasaphire Wrote:I tried to load that website/link but keep getting a page load error (and I'm not computer literate enough to figure out why). I'll try again tomorrow!

And it worked this morning! So am just waiting on my email with the "special link"!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

cde Wrote:This is such wonderful news to me!Big Grin Thank you so much for mentioning it. I am at 65%+1% now.I was beginning to think I would need to get a tutor to help me finish off the last of it. I am utterly horrible at math.

By chance did the person you speak to specify if the 70% was based on the last assessment test ( so it was all 70% of blue line) or say if you hit 65% + 5% would that count as 70%? I suspect it is the last assessment test but I thought I'd ask.Smile
I'm not sure... you should call to ask... I'm think you need to reach the assessment test for 70%.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk