Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
I'm actually glad to hear about the 70% for a different reason. When you do the assessment, you might only get 50% but then complete the work up to 100%. What you are saying then, is that you haven't technically "passed" because your not past the 70% on the assessment. If that is correct, that's an important distinction!
If I have ALEKS transcribe my course when I have only completed 70% does that affect my GPA? Does ALEKS affect it at all?
if we are transferring to TESC , which we are.... we are not getting GPA anyway .. just a T (for transfer) so don't worry about it.

Can someone tell me a real easy course to be taken from TESC to establish a good GPA.. otherwise everything will be just T for my degree.

Regards
Reshab
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
Just to let everyone know, the passing mark is 70% as stated by others. I got College Algebra transcribed by ACE awhile ago at exactly that percentage. I am kind of surprised no one else has tried or posted about this. 70% does make sense as it would seem to equate to a C. Getting to 100% would have been nearly impossible for me. So unless you have a desire to achieve perfection, go ahead and submit once your blue bar is at 70. Smile
[SIZE="1"]Passed CLEPs

Introductory Sociology, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Introductory Business Law[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed DSSTs

Management Information Systems, Introduction to Computing, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Introduction to Business, Organizational Behavior, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Foundations of Education, Fundamentals of Counseling, Business Law II, Environment and Humanity[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]
Passed ECEs

Ethics: Theory & Practice, Human Resource Management[/SIZE]
Appreciate feedback by everyone on this 70% issue.
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
I just hit 72% (assessed) on Bus Stats, consider it done, and have submitted through the ACE website. FYI (though this may be common knowledge, and my apologies for wasting your time if so), if you're tired of waiting for ALEKS to decide to give you an assessment so that you can finish the course and call it done, you can request an assessment using your Master account. You can even do this while logged into ALEKS in Learning mode (i.e., in your Student acct.); you don't have to log out for it to work. All you have to do is open ALEKS in a new window/tab, log into you Master acct. and Request an Assessment for your student acct. You can then log out of the Master acct., and when you go back to the window/tab of your Student acct., ALEKS will present you with the Assessment with the next page refresh.

This can help save a little time, since if you're at, say, 65%, and your goal is 70%, you may not want to wait around for ALEKS to offer the assessment on it's own at your next 14-15%, you may want to initiate the assessment at 70+%. Cheers!
This information is valuable for those of us considering the same path. Could you elaborate on how you get ACE to give you credit?

Thanks,

Sidney
Thank you so much for passing on how to make Aleks give you an assessment test. I didn't know you could do that, so this perfect timing to hear about it for me. I just got 69% tonight. :mad:

lwmcc Wrote:I just hit 72% (assessed) on Bus Stats, consider it done, and have submitted through the ACE website. FYI (though this may be common knowledge, and my apologies for wasting your time if so), if you're tired of waiting for ALEKS to decide to give you an assessment so that you can finish the course and call it done, you can request an assessment using your Master account. You can even do this while logged into ALEKS in Learning mode (i.e., in your Student acct.); you don't have to log out for it to work. All you have to do is open ALEKS in a new window/tab, log into you Master acct. and Request an Assessment for your student acct. You can then log out of the Master acct., and when you go back to the window/tab of your Student acct., ALEKS will present you with the Assessment with the next page refresh.

This can help save a little time, since if you're at, say, 65%, and your goal is 70%, you may not want to wait around for ALEKS to offer the assessment on it's own at your next 14-15%, you may want to initiate the assessment at 70+%. Cheers!
If you are at 69%, 70% is just around the corner!
No problem - glad the info is useful!

CDE, don't feel bad about the 69% - I had the same thing happen on Sat. night, which made me so annoyed with myself I sat down Sun., worked through another 3 modules to hit 69%(A)+3%(L) (wanted to give myself some 'wiggle room' in case I flubbed one,) initiated another assessment, worked through the assessment s-l-o-w-l-y, and ended it with 72%(A)! :-) 70+ is very doable if you're already at 69 - hey, if I can pass my first math course in over 20 years, anyone can!

Twosidneys, as soon as I hit 72(A) on ALEKS, I logged onto my account on ACE via this link: https://www.acenet.edu/transcripts/index.cfm - you can create an account for free at any time. Then I selected ALEKS Corporation from the Org list, clicked Find, clicked on Business Statistics from the 9 ALEKS courses available, clicked the Add Course button, entered the date I finished, and then clicked the Submit Course button. Then, to be safe, I sent an email to ALEKS support letting them know I'd submitted it and asking them how long it would take them to approve...haven't heard back yet, but as soon as they approve it, I'll be able to see the status under the ACE 'My Courses' page on my Course List, and then when it's processed and added to the Transcript Courses, I'll be able to request a transcript from ACE. Seems almost too easy, doesn't it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,762 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,161 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,118 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,041 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,281 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,265 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,061 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 3,121 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,346 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 28,096 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk