Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coursera SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate Transfer
I see from the Wiki that the SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate is supposed to transfer to TESU as STA-399

However, I cannot find any posts that mention someone having that transfer approved or how it was determined.

I have contacted Don Stoltz to try to pre plan this course and he was under the impression that they did not accept transfer credits from Coursera.

Can anyone provide any guidance on this transfer?

Thank you,
B.A. Liberal Studies (Completed: 2015) - Thomas Edison State College
(07-20-2023, 11:57 AM)mog538 Wrote: I see from the Wiki that the SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate is supposed to transfer to TESU as STA-399

However, I cannot find any posts that mention someone having that transfer approved or how it was determined.

I have contacted Don Stoltz to try to pre plan this course and he was under the impression that they did not accept transfer credits from Coursera.

Thank you,

Coursera isn't accepted as credits.
But that specific certificate is granted ACE accreditation with a badge from SAS
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...22480c2d4a
I understand they won’t transfer directly. If I am issued the badge on Credly and then send the transcript from there.

I am just trying to understand how the info on the wiki came to be - in case there are any other steps I need to take or information to send to academic advising.
I think the running mantra is don't listen to the advisors, or be very careful how you phrase questions. You understand it isn't a direct transfer, but advisors can't always put those things together. I remember hearing it on the forum in a thread about Coursera transfer equivalencies. I personally have transferred in the SAS basic programmer and it came in as STA-199 or 299. The Wiki is probably right.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • mog538
Thanks spohara, good to know that one comes in also.

I did find this thread where a few people were going to try to transfer the advanced certificate and one person did get the STA-399 course credit:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ht=sta-399

So it seems like I just need to carry on, complete the certificate, get the ACE badge on Credly and then transfer that transcript.
(07-20-2023, 11:57 AM)mog538 Wrote: I see from the Wiki that the SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate is supposed to transfer to TESU as STA-399

Thank you,

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid375616

(07-20-2023, 12:39 PM)mog538 Wrote: I understand they won’t transfer directly. If I am issued the badge on Credly and then send the transcript from there.

I am just trying to understand how the info on the wiki came to be - in case there are any other steps I need to take or information to send to academic advising.

The TESU part of the Coursera wiki came from student reports of how these certs transferred into TESU.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • mog538
Thank you, LevelUp. It seems a couple of people have transferred via Credly and got the same result so that is reassuring.
That's right, LevelUP and Rachel83AZ does a great job in updating the templates on the WIKI with findings from posts/threads that have these particular updates on them.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • mog538
They certainly do, BJCheung77! For some reason my previous searches hadn't brought up the threads that showed the members who had gotten credit. I trusted the wiki but as I hadn't seen who and how they got credit I just wanted to find out if there was anything I needed to do beyond sending a transcript.

I tried a different search and found some threads along with the one LevelUP linked and was relieved to see there weren't any hoops to jump through!
(07-20-2023, 02:30 PM)mog538 Wrote: Thanks spohara, good to know that one comes in also.

I did find this thread where a few people were going to try to transfer the advanced certificate and one person did get the STA-399 course credit:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ht=sta-399

So it seems like I just need to carry on, complete the certificate, get the ACE badge on Credly and then transfer that transcript.

Your problem was, you tricked the advisor by mentioning Coursera rather than stating they were ACE credits.  You have to be really careful to explain things in a way they'll understand, and you threw him off.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mog538

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Certs bughead 2 99 Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Canadian interested in BA CS, little confused about RA and ACE providers and transfer ArboristFlames 7 452 07-21-2024, 10:56 AM
  IBM Professional Certificate tcompy 5 530 07-10-2024, 06:03 PM
  BA in mathematics and possible credits transfer hsufeng 3 371 07-08-2024, 10:30 AM
  TESU Transfer Policy - Explained bjcheung77 44 9,224 06-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 865 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Certificate NeilK314 2 306 04-24-2024, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 398 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 618 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 561 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM