Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course enrollment + financial aid refund/disbursement schedule
I am admitted for the second part of the fall semester that begins at the end of October (I missed the August start date deadline by a day!) My transcripts are in and I have accepted my FAFSA awards and gone though loan counseling. I think I'm just waiting for my transcript evaluation and the green light to register for classes. Based on this, do you think I will be able to register for classes soon, even though I do not start until October? And I will receive a small financial aid refund, but I cannot find anything that says when they will send that to me. Does anyone have experience with financial aid?
(08-11-2023, 06:12 PM)Junco Wrote: I am admitted for the second part of the fall semester that begins at the end of October (I missed the August start date deadline by a day!) My transcripts are in and I have accepted my FAFSA awards and gone though loan counseling. I think I'm just waiting for my transcript evaluation and the green light to register for classes. Based on this, do you think I will be able to register for classes soon, even though I do not start until October? And I will receive a small financial aid refund, but I cannot find anything that says when they will send that to me. Does anyone have experience with financial aid?

You will be able to register for classes through Jessica after your transcripts and then degree audit are complete, whenever that happens. Yes, you will also receive the financial aid refund after add/drop, which is the second week of classes, but you have to register a bank account to receive it to in MaineStreet beforehand or they will mail you a check instead. The refund usually processes by the end of the third or fourth week of classes, in my experience.
Thank you! That was exactly what I wanted to know. Super helpful.
(08-11-2023, 06:12 PM)Junco Wrote: I am admitted for the second part of the fall semester that begins at the end of October (I missed the August start date deadline by a day!) My transcripts are in and I have accepted my FAFSA awards and gone though loan counseling. I think I'm just waiting for my transcript evaluation and the green light to register for classes. Based on this, do you think I will be able to register for classes soon, even though I do not start until October? And I will receive a small financial aid refund, but I cannot find anything that says when they will send that to me. Does anyone have experience with financial aid?

You can register for classes, but nothing will happen with your financial aid until your session begins. You must submit coursework before your financial aid will process. it's usually after the second week of classes that they begin processing it. The refund will be dependent on how many credits you're registered for. Jessica is busy now working with students who are taking courses in Fall 1 so she may push you off for a bit because you're not taking classes right away. She may also fit you into her schedule. You'd have to ask her. Have you enrolled in the electronic transfer for your refund? if not, a paper printed check will take a few weeks whereas the electronic transfer is a few days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enrollment and transfer evaluation process AverageAlien 18 820 10-15-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: zyczycccc
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 11 1,926 10-11-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation prior to enrollment Chimera 3 322 09-18-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
  UMPI---Financial aid---??? midnite123 7 569 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 586 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 4 793 08-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Denied Financial Aid Because of 182 Credits. Adam54321 30 2,513 08-11-2024, 02:40 PM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 730 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
  Financial aid issues yc1981 1 586 03-03-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77