Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Experience
So i took a course with coopersmith recently.  The material itself wasnt so bad, but the terrible customer service has convinced me not to ever go back to them.  Ive sent multiple emails to them over the last month trying to find out about my transcript.  At first they just replied with dismissive and condescending notes that it would happen automatically but now they have simply stopped replying.   Be careful using this provider if you are on a deadline
(09-05-2020, 03:49 AM)knaves Wrote: So i took a course with coopersmith recently.  The material itself wasnt so bad, but the terrible customer service has convinced me not to ever go back to them.  Ive sent multiple emails to them over the last month trying to find out about my transcript.  At first they just replied with dismissive and condescending notes that it would happen automatically but now they have simply stopped replying.   Be careful using this provider if you are on a deadline

Hey, uh.. not trying to defend Coopersmith, but you do realize their sole purpose is not to drop everything else and service your immediate needs at the drop of a dime??? I totally get urgency and trying to get transcripts before semesters begin  so you can place into a class or graduate early etc. that said, you and the rest of the College/University world have been learning online since March and I'm sure Coopersmith along with other online providers are getting flooded with requests to drop what theyre doing and send out student xy's transcript because it's urgent... not to mention, Cooopersmith like many other providers are likely working with reduced staffing as well because... we're in a PANDEMIC... just saying- after a month of obnoxious emails, I would probably stop responding to you too.. especially since they already told you it would happen automatically (sigh) WooSah my friend, you passed the course- if you haven't heard anything by October, then start barking up the Coopersmith tree again...
Perhaps we have different expectations of baseline customer service.  I sent my emails to them more than two weeks apart asking "Is there a date when the transcripts will be sent out and will I receive any notification when it has been sent?"  The reply  I received didn't answer either question but just said " The transcripts will be sent out automatically".  So I figured they weren't going to give me any reply about dates and waited a few more weeks and sent another email asking if it had been sent out yet, but haven't received any replies.  I'm sure they are busy, but ignoring basic questions and then refusing to answer second inquiries doesn't seem professional to me.  I'm not sure why you believe my emails were "obnoxious".  At least in my mind sending an email to a business and asking "do we have a timeline for delivery" seems a rather straightforward question.
My experience was the opposite. After I finished my first course, I asked the same question about the one transcript per exam. Steven Haas (who posts here from time to time and is coopersmith staff) replied same day with how it works and even told me that he was able to see that TESU had received it. Very friendly and professional and helpful interaction. Next exam, after a week or so had gone by I was nervous that the transcript had not shown up at TESU because previously Coopersmith had it there the next day. Once again Coopersmith staff answered promptly (same day) and made sure my email was looped in for seeing the electronic confirmation it was sent and received. Then it showed up in my student stuff at TESU as received. Something had gone wrong in that second case until I asked. Now it's a matter of getting TESU to know the difference between Psy 310 and Psy 312, which is not coopersmith's issue.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I've had wonderful experiences with Coopersmith, and even have gotten a few extra courses with them I didn't technically need. 

Something to consider: not everyone runs on the same calendar as you do. If you send your emails typically on Friday night through Saturday, yours may be getting lost in the queue. I'm posting this because I don't want you thinking ill of others during our Sabbath day. 

There's been a lot of illness in certain Jewish communities. We've lost a lot of rabbis, for instance.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
If the OP has been trying to get an electronic transcript sent for A MONTH. I'd be extremely annoyed about that too. Seeing as it could likely be done in the same amount of time as replying with a single sentence (or not...) to an email.

P226 - I'm guessing you've already figured this out, but just a heads up for others. I just did Stress Management (PSY-310) and it came into TESU as COU-423 Therapeutic Communications. Clearly this is not right. The reason is that NCCRS seems to have changed the codes. Therapeutic Interviewing (what comes in as COU-423) used to be PSY-310, but is now PSY-312. Stress management is now PSY-310.

http://www.nationalccrs.org/coopersmith-...iewing-psy

http://www.nationalccrs.org/coopersmith-...management

If you take Stress Management, figure you are going to have to email TESU about this because it will likely come in wrong.
(09-05-2020, 09:03 AM)ARhead Wrote: If the OP has been trying to get an electronic transcript sent for A MONTH. I'd be extremely annoyed about that too. Seeing as it could likely be done in the same amount of time as replying with a single sentence (or not...) to an email.

P226 - I'm guessing you've already figured this out, but just a heads up for others. I just did Stress Management (PSY-310) and it came into TESU as COU-423 Therapeutic Communications. Clearly this is not right. The reason is that NCCRS seems to have changed the codes. Therapeutic Interviewing (what comes in as COU-423) used to be PSY-310, but is now PSY-312. Stress management is now PSY-310.

If you take Stress Management, figure you are going to have to email TESU about this because it will likely come in wrong.

Yep. I was expecting that to happen from other conversations here and appreciate the heads up and warning and helps to know about it. Yes it happened just like that. came in with the wrong 310 applied. I sent email to TESU yesterday afternoon on that with the same info. just waiting over a US holiday weekend..... I might have to send them the link to NCCRS if tesu didn't understand my email about that. I was hopeful that since I had receive pre approval in my AOS, that the advisors would have known, but hey, it's a lot to remember and track. It'll get straightened out soon enough for my needs.

and yep. if I couldn't get transcript sent and received in that time, I'd be worried. Might even see why the school hadn't received it. It could be sitting in the school's system. been there.... with other transcripts to other places.......

OP: hope it works out for you.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(09-05-2020, 07:33 AM)P226mem Wrote: My experience was the opposite.  

Same here.  The level of customer service that I got from Stephen Haas in particular was excellent.  I always found him to be prompt, courteous, and professional.  He typically responded to my emails within a couple of hours, even on the weekend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain
(09-05-2020, 03:49 AM)knaves Wrote: So i took a course with coopersmith recently.  The material itself wasnt so bad, but the terrible customer service has convinced me not to ever go back to them.  Ive sent multiple emails to them over the last month trying to find out about my transcript.  At first they just replied with dismissive and condescending notes that it would happen automatically but now they have simply stopped replying.   Be careful using this provider if you are on a deadline

I'm sorry to hear that you have not gotten a reply to your transcript inquiry. It's possible that your follow-up emails have not gotten through for whatever reason.

I am happy to make sure that your transcript gets to the school of your choice immediately. If you do not get a response from the email (though we really try to reply to requests right away), please feel free to PM me and I assure your that I will get your transcript sent within one day.'

PS: Thank you to everyone else for your support. It's always possible that one request slips through the cracks, but we would never ever ignore a request intentionally and it's extremely unlikely that we would not see multiple email requests from the same person. I am more than happy (anxious, in fact) to settle this problem as soon as I can find out what needs to be done.

(09-05-2020, 04:21 AM)williamr Wrote: Perhaps we have different expectations of baseline customer service.  I sent my emails to them more than two weeks apart asking "Is there a date when the transcripts will be sent out and will I receive any notification when it has been sent?"  The reply  I received didn't answer either question but just said " The transcripts will be sent out automatically".  So I figured they weren't going to give me any reply about dates and waited a few more weeks and sent another email asking if it had been sent out yet, but haven't received any replies.  I'm sure they are busy, but ignoring basic questions and then refusing to answer second inquiries doesn't seem professional to me.  I'm not sure why you believe my emails were "obnoxious".  At least in my mind sending an email to a business and asking "do we have a timeline for delivery" seems a rather straightforward question.

I am also distressed to read this and I really can't figure out why this is happening. Are you sending the transcript requests to transcripts@coopersmithcc.net? We do have one staffer on maternity who handles transcripts and perhaps they are being sent directly to her instead?

Please believe me that this is not the way we do business. We always try to respond within one day to requests. Sometimes students request transcripts before they take their exams or before they are graded and then we would respond that it would be sent after the exam is completed and graded. But if the exam has already been taken and graded, we should be able to respond to transcript requests the same day or the next business day, at worst. 

Again, please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can do to help or to expedite a transcript. The timeline for e-scripted transcripts is right away, though mailed transcripts can take a week to get there and be processed.

Please also note that we also have Parchment. Transcripts ordered through Parchment are always processed on the same or next business day.

https://www.parchment.com/u/registration...88/account

To reply to another point referenced above, thank you for the support, but our operations have not been negatively affected by the pandemic (thankfully).

PPS: I have combed my inbox and the "transcripts" inbox and I can't figure out what this is referring to. OP: If you could please give me the opportunity to fix this by responding to my PM or emailing me, it would be much appreciated.
[-] The following 6 users Like shaas's post:
  • ctcarl, Library2HospitalChaplain, P226mem, rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL, TwinMom

Dear Mr./Ms. Knaves:

I understand that it is a holiday weekend, but if you are time-stressed enough to trash someone's business anonymously on the Internet, I ask that you also take the time to also respond to my PM (sent almost a day ago) and let me know to where you need your transcript sent.

Once again, I have searched through my own and the "transcripts" inbox and cannot tell what emails you are referring to. 

If you need a transcript sent, please answer my PM or email me and I will take care of it.

(09-05-2020, 09:03 AM)ARhead Wrote: If the OP has been trying to get an electronic transcript sent for A MONTH. I'd be extremely annoyed about that too. Seeing as it could likely be done in the same amount of time as replying with a single sentence (or not...) to an email.

Speaking of stress management... 

I feel a little like a hamster in a maze. We get blindsided by this thread out of nowhere and I simply cannot figure out where it's coming from.

OP ignores by PM and posts. In the meantime, Google picks up this devastating thread title.

What an awesome way to spend a holiday weekend...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,378 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 1,872 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,390 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 572 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 437 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 4,041 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  Experience with Alison? SCYankee 10 1,461 06-27-2023, 05:29 PM
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 571 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,515 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,030 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM