Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone have experience with Rechtschaffen Institute for Judaic Studies?
Hello there! I'm new and I hope this is the right place to ask:

Has anyone taken courses from Rechtschaffen Institute for Judaic Studies? I've searched the forum and didn't find much.

If you've taken any of their courses, I'd love to hear about your experience. What were the tuition and fees? Did your school accept the transfer credits?

Thank you!
@Oliva sayana, Welcome to the board. As you mentioned that you've done a search and didn't find much... Basically, those few bits and pieces of info is exactly what you asked about... Here's their NCCRS webpage with details, and I suggest reviewing their institute webpage for info: https://www.nationalccrs.org/organizatio...ute-judaic

Excelsior, TESU, and any other institution that accepts NCCRS will accept their credits, these can/may go into general education and electives. You should fill us in with the info asked for on the addendum and template, so we know what you're trying to do: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-02-2024, 10:36 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Oliva sayana, Welcome to the board. As you mentioned that you've done a search and didn't find much... Basically, those few bits and pieces of info is exactly what you asked about... Here's their NCCRS webpage with details, and I suggest reviewing their institute webpage for info: https://www.nationalccrs.org/organizatio...ute-judaic

Excelsior, TESU, and any other institution that accepts NCCRS will accept their credits, these can/may go into general education and electives.  You should fill us in with the info asked for on the addendum and template, so we know what you're trying to do: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thanks for the reply! I looked at their NCCRS page and website before posting, but couldn't find information about cost. (Their home page has a heading for "Tuition and Fees", but it's blank and doesn't link anywhere.) The posts on this forum are so old I wasn't sure if the cost had changed. (: Would love to hear from people who've taken their courses as I haven't seen the program talked about much, especially in recent years.

As for me, I'm just starting this journey, but my current plan is to take Sophia and SDC courses and then enroll at UMPI YourPace for the BA in History and Political Science. Upon further digging it seems they wouldn't accept RIJS credits unfortunately as they don't seem to accept NCCRS. Info:

Your Location: BC, Canada / GA, USA (US citizen, education in US)
Your Age: 28
What kind of degree do you want?: Bachelor's in History or similar Edit: I'd like to leave the door open to an MA along the lines of Ancient History or Biblical Studies — part of the reason I was interested in RIJS
Current Regional Accredited Credits:

Cornell University Summer College Total Credits: 3
VETCS 1210: Equine Veterinary Medicine, 3, A

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits:

None yet.

Any certifications or military experience? No.
You might have to take study dot com history courses to fulfill the degree requirements. If you are fluent with Spanish, there's graded online history courses at the UNAM cele website and UNID university. I am starting a history of Mexican and Spanish cuisine for 1 credit next week.
(06-02-2024, 03:08 PM)Avidreader Wrote: You might have to take study dot com history courses to fulfill the degree requirements. If you are fluent with Spanish, there's graded online history courses at the UNAM cele website and UNID university. I am starting a history of Mexican and Spanish cuisine for 1 credit next week.

I was looking at taking some of the SDC courses. Given my aspirations to grad school (which I foolishly didn't include in my previous post) it's best from what I can gather to take 60 credits at UMPI, so I would take fewer SDC courses than I otherwise would.

I am not, alas, fluent in Spanish, but those sound like neat options for those who are!
Xamk has a history of popular music in their open university. Course is in finnish but it can be robo translated to English. People in the forum say the transcript will mention tje name of the course in english. Tesu certainly accepts xamk courses as ra credit.

https://www.xamk.fi/avoimen-amkn-kurssit...us-5-op-2/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • Oliva sayana
(06-02-2024, 06:14 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Xamk has a history of popular music in their open university. Course is in finnish but it can be robo translated to English. People in the forum say the transcript will mention tje name of the course in english. Tesu certainly accepts xamk courses as ra credit.

https://www.xamk.fi/avoimen-amkn-kurssit...us-5-op-2/

Intriguing! Thanks for the heads up!
There is also a 1 credit course that is converted o 0.5 us credits for a history of videogame course at xamk. But it is part of their videogame diploma. Not sure if you'e willing to do several computer science courses for that history course.
@Oliva sayana, You missed the addendum! That has more information than the template as it provides a clearer picture of your situation. I highly recommend taking the 30 residency credits at UMPI instead of 60, unless your next degree requires 60 graded credits (such as going into Law or something specifically asking for 60 credits). You can go for 60, but I would do two majors or two degrees, each requiring the 30 residency credits.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
anyone has taken Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies courses? Just seeking some information.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC CS306 Computer architecture experience hsufeng 9 807 08-07-2024, 02:48 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Institute for Credentialing Excellence (I.C.E.) SkyeFeather 2 419 03-15-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,876 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 2,397 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,764 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Experience with Alison? SCYankee 10 2,669 06-27-2023, 05:29 PM
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,934 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Free 6 Month Subscription to Coursera Google, Facebook, & IBM, It Certs Experience LevelUP 22 5,329 11-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  Sophia.org Experience HBCIRCA14 7 1,504 02-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: HBCIRCA14
  Does anyone have experience resubmitting assignments on SDC? daharamu 7 2,604 12-19-2020, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44