Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competency based, accelerated AS And BS in CIT - Hodges University
Hodges University (regionally accredited) is offering competency based, accelerated AS and BS degrees in Computer Information Technology and in Digital Design and Graphics. Base costs are $2000 for 6 months. Specifics are murky but worth checking out.

Hodges University Upower Programs
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
Yeah, information is very murky. I may have to call them to get more information. I wonder if FAFSA could be used for that.
At least the tuition rate is clear.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I called them today to get more information. Fafsa can be used as theyre regionally accredited. Also classes start the first of every month, so September 1st will be the first official start of this program. $2000 is the flat fee regardless if you're in or out of state. Most of the classes have ebooks that you'll be provided with. The classes that don't have any ebook option, will tell you the print version and edition but youre responsible for the book cost. They use to be called International College and just recently changed their name. I am not a rep, just wanted to provide more information to others since this is right up my alley and within the field I want to pursue. I actually gotta call my personal advisor Friday. Any other questions you have I'll ask her then. In a sense it's more like the WGU set up.

Sorry for any spelling/grammatical errors. I typed this all out on my cell phone.
Passed From Community College:
ENG 111 - College Composition - 3 Credits
HUM 165 - Controversial Issues - 3 Credits
HIS 101 - History Of Western Civilization I - 3 Credits
SDV 100 - College Success Skills - 1 Credit
HIS 102 - History Of Western Civilization II - 3 Credits
REL 230 - Religions of the World - 3 Credits
ENG 112 - College Composition II - 3 Credits
ITE 115 - Intro Computer App & Developments - 3 Credits
AST 114 - Keyboard - 2 Credits.

Kaplan:
LRC 100 - Documenting Your Experiences For College Credit - 3 credits

ALEKS:
Beginner's Algebra - 3 Credits
College Algebra - 3 Credits
Intermediate Algebra - 3 Credits

Total Credits: 36
Credits Needed for Associates: 24-39 (depending on what transfers in).

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
Hodges University - Associates in Computer Information Technology
This is fantastic, I may look in to going this route after I finish with TESC and before I start my Graduate studies.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
Does anyone know if this is only for US residents or anywhere in the world can do this program?

I'm currently enrolled in TESC BSBA CIS but this seems like an enticing option considering the CIT program at Hodges is more focused on IT than business side of things.

I also looked for undergraduate IT programs at WGU sadly they aren't taking any students outside of US so if this is open for everyone then I may consider going this route.
charismo Wrote:Does anyone know if this is only for US residents or anywhere in the world can do this program?

I'm currently enrolled in TESC BSBA CIS but this seems like an enticing option considering the CIT program at Hodges is more focused on IT than business side of things.

I also looked for undergraduate IT programs at WGU sadly they aren't taking any students outside of US so if this is open for everyone then I may consider going this route.

Their webpage says they accept international students but it's not clear if the pricing is different.

Hodges University - International Admissions - International Students - ESL

Catalog
https://webadvisor.hodges.edu/aa_pdfs/cu...pdf#page13

Best to contact an admissions advisor for more info.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
koenigtv Wrote:Their webpage says they accept international students but it's not clear if the pricing is different.

Hodges University - International Admissions - International Students - ESL

Catalog
https://webadvisor.hodges.edu/aa_pdfs/cu...pdf#page13

Best to contact an admissions advisor for more info.

Yes I looked at those link but they are written specifically for students that want to study on campus. Now can't say if this is applicable for their latest Upower competency based program.

Best to simply contact them directly and get the answers raw and fresh will back and report. Thanks.
Citygurlluv: Can you ask if they'd accept ACE credits such as ALEKS? Also find out what the classes are like, you mentioned that they provide a ebook / or buy your own in some cases. But are the classes full fledged online classes where you listen to lectures / read material and then pass assessments at your own pace?
Drakemoore Wrote:Citygurlluv: Can you ask if they'd accept ACE credits such as ALEKS? Also find out what the classes are like, you mentioned that they provide a ebook / or buy your own in some cases. But are the classes full fledged online classes where you listen to lectures / read material and then pass assessments at your own pace?

Yes, they do accept ACE credits! And at first they pre-test you, so if you have knowledge (80% or more) then you won't have to take the course. It's more so set up like modules. The advisor I spoke to is more front-end with the program, so once accepted as a student, you'll get a call from an individual (there's I believe three that deals with the academic part of the UPower program) that will further go into how things are, expectations, etc. I meant to add in my previous post that there is a $20 application fee. I'll keep you all up to date on how things progress. I have to take an ACCUPLACER Monday morning; however, that's free.
Passed From Community College:
ENG 111 - College Composition - 3 Credits
HUM 165 - Controversial Issues - 3 Credits
HIS 101 - History Of Western Civilization I - 3 Credits
SDV 100 - College Success Skills - 1 Credit
HIS 102 - History Of Western Civilization II - 3 Credits
REL 230 - Religions of the World - 3 Credits
ENG 112 - College Composition II - 3 Credits
ITE 115 - Intro Computer App & Developments - 3 Credits
AST 114 - Keyboard - 2 Credits.

Kaplan:
LRC 100 - Documenting Your Experiences For College Credit - 3 credits

ALEKS:
Beginner's Algebra - 3 Credits
College Algebra - 3 Credits
Intermediate Algebra - 3 Credits

Total Credits: 36
Credits Needed for Associates: 24-39 (depending on what transfers in).

Currently Working On:
ALEKS & TEEX Courses

Goal:
Hodges University - Associates in Computer Information Technology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberty University--- Difficulty? midnite123 7 323 10-06-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,727 09-29-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,593 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 251 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,944 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 440 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,819 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 880 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 471 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 801 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor