Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Your Pace minimum age is now 20 years old
I just read the admission requirement to enroll  in the UMPI "Your Pace" Business Administration program has changed to age 20.  Has anyone heard about this?
Welcome to the forum!

It wasn't a recent change. It has been like that for a while.

It sucks since that is one of the top schools we recommend. 

Choosing The Right College or University

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ch...University
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Thank you, The reason I posted this is that a couple of days ago I asked the admissions office if the "your pace" program has an age restriction and they said "no".
It's always been 20 years old for YourPace. Who in admissions did you ask? If you spoke directly with YourPace admissions Shea would give the correct info.
@johnbond, how young is the student? If we're talking like 16-18, they can get their CLEP/ACE courses completed before they're ready for UMPI, go slowly yet surely in completing the max for transfer credit. If the student is a high school grad but haven't been out of school for 2 years and/or is not yet 20, again, do exactly that - complete the 90 or so ACE/CLEP credits first while waiting...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Mr T
Thank you, this board is so on top of things. I have 2 sons, that just turned 14, they have credits as follows
clep spanish 9 cr
clep marketing 3cr
clep sociology 3cr
asu college algebra 3cr
asu into to programming 3cr
sophia visual communications 3cr
sophia into to business 3cr
sophia web design 3cr

Because of their age UMPI “your pace” is out of the question.
oh no, I did not speak to Shea.
14 is a bit young for most colleges and universities. If they hope to get a degree before they turn 18, I think your only reasonable option is Excelsior. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ch...University
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@johnbond, haha, your sons are twins? They're the same age as my nephew. I got him started with ACE/CLEP and told him to hold off college/university in favor of dual enrollment instead. There really isn't a need to "rush" through education. Are you homeschooling your kids or are you adding the ACE/CLEP as additional credit along with the public core education?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-11-2022, 07:55 AM)johnbond Wrote: Thank you, this board is so on top of things. I have 2 sons, that just turned 14, they have credits as follows
clep spanish 9 cr
clep marketing 3cr
clep sociology 3cr
asu college algebra 3cr
asu into to programming 3cr
sophia visual communications 3cr
sophia into to business 3cr
sophia web design 3cr

Because of their age UMPI “your pace” is out of the question.  
oh no, I did not speak to Shea.
@johnbond-

In no way am I am as knowledgeable as @bjcheung77 or @rachel83az, but, I would second that it sounds like Excelsior or COSC (potentially?) might still be the only options for kids under 18 that have been homeschooled or graduated early. The other option is if your state pays for dual enrollment like here in OH where I live, you could get as much credit as possible paid for by the state, get an at least an Associates degree, get more credits through cheap sources like Study.com for UL credits, and then wait until they are 20 and have them go to UMPI or go before 19 and go to COSC or Excelsior.

Education Seeker

Sorry, I meant to say 18. After looking at the link that @rachel83az posted, it would appear that COSC and Excelsior College would be the only 2 viable option for them under 18. As mentioned, they could continue doing Sophia.com for LL credits and Study.com for UL credits and then finish at Excelsior or COSC.

Education Seeker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 510 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: radicallena
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 33 10,454 Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 205 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,604 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 314 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,803 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,036 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,271 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 438 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,284 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM