Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil War Brain dump
I just finished taking the Civil War DSST and passed with a 59. Now I just need to take and pass Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union.
For some reason I can't retain what I'm studying for the next exam. Trying to learn Russian History with all the Civil War history stuck in my head.
I think I might need to take a week off before attempting the next exam.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
How long did you give yourself to study?
I've had similar things happen to me but not always with CLEPs. Sometimes I just have to take a break from whatever seems to be on my mind and what I am studying for. I think that a short break would be good for your brain after quickly absorbing Civil War History!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
norema Wrote:How long did you give yourself to study?

For Civil War, I studied for about 3 weeks on and off. I'm just starting on the Soviet Union. But I think I'll take a few days off, then start strong again for the next test.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I've found a short break can really help me get started again. Just make sure it stays short. Wink I've had breaks that were supposed to be short that turned out quite long. Smile

Also, I just took Rise and Fall of Soviet Union and have a lot of notes if you would like them. Let me know!
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Autism Severity - Brain Size bjcheung77 1 320 06-30-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Studying Through Brain Fog Stacie 36 4,044 06-11-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,739 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free College Credits Through the Civil Air Patrol!!! sanantone 9 5,517 08-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cengage Brain coupons? Ideas 1 1,369 06-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2 WEEKS left before DSST Civil War and Reconstruction Exam!! Raiders20 6 1,789 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: musictester
  Cengage Brain - Terrible Customer Service SweetSecret 4 1,604 06-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone have experience taking the DSST for the Civil War/Reconstruction? Tips? Raiders20 4 1,103 05-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Raiders20
  Civil War DSST - Is this exam now Pass/Fail? SuZQ2 5 1,310 06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  DSST Money and Banking or Civil War and Reconstrucion KALKATS 7 1,285 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Last Post: KALKATS