Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Directions
Well...after alot of prayer & thought, I've decided to pursue EC's B.S. in General Business instead of TESC's General Mgmt degree. After reading through numerous posts regarding the 2 different schools & such, I think I decided that EC is cheaper, and it sounds to me like, for the most part, you know what you're getting with EC & their assistance, etc., whereas with TESC, it seems as though one may not know from one week to the next as to whether they're getting correct information, timely responses, truly caring administrators that are there to assist the student. Anyway, if anybody would like to reassure me that I'm probably going in a better direction, I'd love to hear it. If people think that my assessment is incorrect, by all means...please let me know...seriously. Any input is welcome.

Thanks,
Matt
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Matymus Wrote:Well...after alot of prayer & thought, I've decided to pursue EC's B.S. in General Business instead of TESC's General Mgmt degree... Anyway, if anybody would like to reassure me that I'm probably going in a better direction, I'd love to hear it.

Matt,

I personally think you're making the right choice for two reasons:

1. The people I have dealt with at EC have always been VERY helpful & friendly, and for me, that counts for a lot!

2. The only experience I have had with TESC was due to taking two TECEP exams, and the "service" I got was NOT good (and I know of other people who had it even worse than me). So if that is any indication of what it is like all the time for their enrolled students, then TESC would not be my first choice!
That's just my two cents' worth anyway! :p

Good luck!

JoAnne
I have been with EC for just over a moth now, there service is great, so far I have gotten very friendly and timely service and for me this is priceless
I think EC is the right way to go too! I'm really happy with them! Best of luck!
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies
Hi Matt,

I don't have any experience with TESC but I can tell you that Excelsior has been awesome so far. They have answered questions quickly and helpfully. They've rarely made a mistake and when they have it's been something small. Then they've apologized and corrected it immediately. Which is important to me. I think that how an organization/school handles mistakes sometimes says more about how much they really care about their customers/students than the things they get right.

Anyway, there's my vote if it helps. Smile
Kate
BS Psychology
That's all great news. I think that's all I needed to hear. Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys! I appreciate it.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing Demographics Alpha 0 467 10-19-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Changing schools; where to go? amberwalk 14 2,015 02-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Maximize Pell Grant by changing Majors nosideedison 14 3,393 10-15-2019, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Changing paths Regards 2 904 10-07-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Help thinking about changing degree geissingert 2 1,103 04-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Last Post: geissingert
  minor vent - gen. ed. reqs. changing a2jc4life 4 1,213 11-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Changing my major.. cali86 20 2,704 02-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: mednat
  Opinions about online education changing Prloko 14 3,134 09-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jsd
  CLEP Social Science and History Exam Content Changing Effective September 18, 2016 KayV 5 1,175 08-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Aubs
  Article about Google and their changing view of College GPA's andrewtn 0 698 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Last Post: andrewtn