Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant tell if I passed the Analyzing Lit CLEP
I have heard from many people that this test was easy. It was brutal for me... I ran out of time in spite of all the warnings. It really looked like the clock was moving twice as fastSmile

Anyway, the test lady gave me my clep score report which has two score numbers. The Score number is a 47 and the ACE number is a 50. So either I barely passed or barely failed. I cant tell.

I would be using this clep at thomas edison. I am not an enrolled student yet so there is no one to ask. Soooo, I ask the group did I barely pass or did I barely fail. I hope to hear from the Thomas Edison people out there especially. Thanks!!
Unless TESC doesn't follow the ACE (which I'd assume they do, I know Excelsior does), I'm sorry to say that you failed by 3 points.
speeddegree Wrote:I have heard from many people that this test was easy. It was brutal for me... I ran out of time in spite of all the warnings. It really looked like the clock was moving twice as fastSmile

Anyway, the test lady gave me my clep score report which has two score numbers. The Score number is a 47 and the ACE number is a 50. So either I barely passed or barely failed. I cant tell.

I would be using this clep at thomas edison. I am not an enrolled student yet so there is no one to ask. Soooo, I ask the group did I barely pass or did I barely fail. I hope to hear from the Thomas Edison people out there especially. Thanks!!

Aaaaw! Sadly, it looks like you were just under the pass mark!

ACE score of 50 is the minimum passing score. You scored a 47.

Sorry,
Snazzlefrag
thanks for the quick response. I feel stupid. I ran out of time and totally guessed at the last 17 questions with a 60 secs left on the clock. For next time.......should I be guessing? I heard that you should not leave any blanks. I hope thats true.
speeddegree Wrote:thanks for the quick response. I feel stupid. I ran out of time and totally guessed at the last 17 questions with a 60 secs left on the clock. For next time.......should I be guessing? I heard that you should not leave any blanks. I hope thats true.

Absolutely!

There is no penalty for guessing...or for guessing wrong. But you get the valuable point if you do happen to guess correctly.

The other thing to remember is: Don't spend too much time on questions that you find difficult. Mark it and move on to easier questions. Then if you have time at the end, you can come back and have a go at the harder questions. If you still don't know the answer....GUESS!

Regardless of whether it is easy or hard, every question is worth exactly the same. So it pays to make time to answer as many easy ones as possible...and THEN go back and figure out the hard ones!

NEVER leave any question unanswered!

Make sense?

Please don't feel too badly about this exam result. It is NOT a problem. You can take it again in six months (with the benefit of experience), or you can just take another exam in its place! Okay?

That's one of the wonderful things about CLEPs. Even if you fail an exam, you haven't wasted an entire semester sitting in a class, you haven't wasted several hundred dollars, and you can move on to study for the next exam the very next day if you wish.

You can afford to take several exams and maybe fail a couple, for the same price you would pay for just ONE course at a university! Pretty cool huh?

Keep going! Don't look back! Onward and upward towards your degree!

Best of luck to you,
Snazzlefrag
speeddegree Wrote:thanks for the quick response. I feel stupid. I ran out of time and totally guessed at the last 17 questions with a 60 secs left on the clock. For next time.......should I be guessing? I heard that you should not leave any blanks. I hope thats true.

[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Listen, don't lose hope - it's only one exam and a tricky one at that. Take your time and give yourself adequate time to prepare - without taking chances or rushing to get your "SpeedDegree" by guessing. Adapt and overcome!![/SIZE][/SIZE]
Thank you Snazzle.
Im good now after reading through your perspective. Not a huge loss either way, and I can retry it again.

I felt the warmth your support. Be well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,962 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,798 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 708 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,257 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,126 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,873 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,124 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,855 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,493 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,433 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az