Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can You Withdraw from a Penn Foster Course? Feel Defeated
I am taking PF Advanced Composition (my last course for my TESC BSBA) and having a difficult time. The instructor is no help and I feel I am wasting my time. I am an international student and English is my first language, and the instructor's clarification does not respond to what I asked. I went on the PF forum and another 2 students are having difficulty with this course and seems to be the same instructor. This instructor took over a week to grade the assignment and I need the instructor's feedback to move onto the 2nd assignment. I have taken the recommendation on this forum for PF courses, but this course cannot finish in 2 to 3 days or even a week. There are 6 written assignments, not 4 as someone suggested on this board. I have taken 5 PF courses which included Technical Writing and this is not my first writing course with PF.

I am planning to test out with TECEP ENG 102. Does anyone know if I can do the following:

1. Withdraw for the PF course?
2. Can I still register for TECEP ENG 102 and write the exam by July 31? (my deadline to submit to my state board my transcript)

If anyone can help on this issue or course, I greatly appreciate some feedback/guidance.
For TECEPs you register for a particular term, same as the online courses. For the July term the registration has already passed and the semester begins July 6. For the August term the registration is in July but you can only test during the semester you are registered for. For the Aug term the earliest you could test would be Aug. 3. I don't know if TESC makes any exceptions on TECEP registration.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
July late registration ended June 25th. The term begins on Monday. Depending your schedule, I would email (or phone if possible) the registrar and explain your need to have this requirement met by the end of July. They may be able to make an exception for you. It's certainly worth trying.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
This is worrying. I'm also taking this class, but I just started, so I have not had interaction with the instructor. As for withdrawing from the class, when I signed up, it was explained to me that I would have 5 days to decide if I wanted to proceed with the course. I would get a total refund if I canceled within that time. There's a page outlining what the policy is here: Penn Foster Refund Policy | Penn Foster
Did either of you complete this class yet. I need English Comp II as well for my TESC degree, and am looking at ways to fulfill it. I figure I will either go PF or SL, more than likely PF since no proctored final. Is this still correct?
I like to know also. I plan to do it in the next month or so.
tsimmns Wrote:Did either of you complete this class yet. I need English Comp II as well for my TESC degree, and am looking at ways to fulfill it. I figure I will either go PF or SL, more than likely PF since no proctored final. Is this still correct?

My brother is taking the English Composition II through Tor College Credits. It doesn't have a proctored final, just six essay assignments. He is liking it better than PF Composition I.

Coopersmith English Courses - Tor College Credits
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
I withdrew and enrolled for TECEP English Comp II. I did not get a refund and I was wasting my time with assignments returning late, took more than a week for instructor to grade the draft assignment. You cannot move forward, because you need to incorporate your instructor's feedback to submit the final, and the system will not let you upload until the instructor has graded the assignment. Perhaps someone else has a different take, just my 2 cents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 613 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Major Regret? See How These Americans Feel About Their College Degrees LevelUP 4 970 11-26-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,347 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,658 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Acquired Ashworth sanantone 2 1,630 09-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster High School Transfer Credits TrailRunr 18 6,640 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Penn Foster HRM210 and Penn Foster discussion boards EI2HCB 2 3,223 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  Penn Foster Macroeconomics - Proctored? rowan555 4 1,764 04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,734 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU HAYDENTREE77 43 8,800 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77