Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I take 9 Clep Exams?
Hi,

I am new to this forum and to taking Clep and Dantes exams. I have just recently learned about this and am really exited to begin. I would like to take 9 clep exams between now and December, is this possible? Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any Idea on what exams would be the easiest?
How should I pace myself, while studying and testing?
What would be the best study methods? (I am already using Instant Cert)

So far here are the exams I am considering:

Principles to Marketing
Intro to Sociology
Ethics
Intro to Business
Freshman Composition
Speech
Spanish

Thanks in advance!
YES!
There are people on here who have taken more than that in one month. I was slow, it took me 3 months to do 9. Which exams to take really depends on your interest/school/degree. There is a great deal of info on this site. Make sure you join as a full member- it is without a doubt the best $$$ I have ever spent in my life.

I hope this helps. Greg
The only test I've taken from your list is Sociology. IC plus some googling was perfect for the test (plus the specific feedback section)

It would be very do-able to get 9 done by December. I've done 8 classes since January (including algebra and statistics:eek: ). My ninth test is tomorrow!

I use IC, google, books from the library, Peterson's tests, the specific feedback section, CLEP prep book. Good luck! Big Grin
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
Yes it is doable, but your outcome will depend on you. Are you a good tester? Do you have enough time to study? Are you a self starter?

If you can answer yes to these questions you will be able to do it. If I were you I would probably start with Intro to Sociology that is probably considered one of the easier exams by most and a good place to start and get a feel for things.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
I have taken 17 CLEPS/DANTES from December 2008 to April 2009 which is shocking to me to even be able to write here.

I am at 16 pass and 1 fail overall and I am 13 pass and 0 fail using IC only. And believe me, if you would have said I would take 17 cleps in December I would have said "No Chance". However YES YOu Can.Cool

Go with what you know. If you have a subject that you have experience in your study time will be decreased. That is the point of CLEP/DSST anyways right.

Also, Group them together. If you take Modern Middle East, than Intro to World Religions will have some good cards to study in Islam and will provide extra info. So, if you are studying for one test check a couple of other sets of cards to see if they have overlap. Educational Psychology and Developmental Psych or Intro to Psych should be studied together and if possible taken on the same day because the info will be fresher. I wish I did that because it would have saved me study time.

Go after your goal specifically and if you fail have a backup plan. I failed chemistry. However, I needed chemistry pretty badly so I had to look at my other options at that point. Have secondary tests available if you do fail one. You probably won't fail Chemistry is one of the harder ones and IC doesnt even cover it, Also others on this forum have passed chemistry fine.

IC is usually enough to pass. Used petersons to help with biology but I have used IC only 11 tests with passes every time. Make sure to study the explanations. Knowing the answer doesnt mean knowing what it means. On any test you can rule some answers out such as knowing Abraham Lincoln was a president in the 1860's means he could not possibly have been president during the great depression!

Use other materials if you need to. For college math I got a tutor at yourteacher because the cards showed me I was going to need a tutor. I got a supplemental english book for English Comp, and Technical Writing isnt covered by IC so I bought Finish College Fast's guide. Use the other materials available in the forum.

Most importantly search this forum and see what tests overlap and see if they are on your schedule. i have hjad great success with InstantCert and it has helped me leverage my in seat credits, move up my degree completion time and possibly jump start my career, and thats a pretty good day at the race tracks.
Cool

[SIZE="2"]TESC-AS: Electronic Systems
TESC-BA: History
Phoenix College-MBA: Masters of Business Administration
Keller Graduate School-MISM: Masters of Information Systems Management
[/SIZE]

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you're not willing to see what it is; you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."

[SIZE="1"]Cleps/DSST Failed:
Intro to Psychology 45/46, Chemistry 47/50
Cleps/DSST Passed:
Analyzing/Interp Lit 48/47, Intro to Computing 64/47
Business Law 53/50, English Comp w Essay 54/50
College Mathematics 54/50, MIS 445/400
Biology 56/50, Technical Writing 59/46
Sociology 67/50, World Religions 445/400
Intro Middle East 51/47 Environment/Humanity 51/46
Human/GrowDevelop 65/50 Educational Psych 55/50
Ethics 460/400 Vietnam War 64/44
Civil War/Recon 56/47 Western Europe 59/45
US History 1 59/50 US History 2 61/50
Western Civ 2 56/50

ALEKS
Intro to Stats
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra w Trig
PreCalculus[/SIZE]
Welcome to the board! 9 before December even if you are in school and working full time is doable. My advice is one exam at a time, but some study more. Also, check on Freshman Comp - it's more common to require English Comp with Essay for those 6 credits, but each school is different.
Speech is DSST I think, you might need to double check- I'm drawing a blank- but if your college takes CLEP I'm sure they take DSST.
Lastly- if you knock your Spanish test out of the park, you can get up to 12 credits at most schools....I wish I had the ability!!!
Welcome to our little world- and check the link in my signature "IC Works" for encouragement. You didn't join a group of testers- you joined a group of passers. Big Grin
I joined in March and have taken seven Clep's since then. Six passed and one failed by one point. This board is great. The people here know their stuff. The IC cards help, but always use an alternative study guide as well. Pay attention to what others who are experienced suggest for guidance and you will pass those tests long before December. Best of luck and welcome to the wonderful world of college testing. It sure beats sitting in a seat for a whole semester and a great feeling of accomplishment when you walk away with a pass.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Absolutely!

Everyone has their own pace and length of time they need to study before they're ready for an exam, but if you put in a good effort, you should have no problem.

I've taken 96 credits worth of exams in the last 6 months all while being in the military and having 6 kids.

You can do it!
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
hi Bilmi and welcome Smile
I'm sure you can do it!
I just wanted to step in and let you know that I'm a slow tester....I've been coming to this board for a while but still only have 3 cleps under my belt....I have anxiety issues and had a "learning disability" when I was younger...so I really don't love taking tests,,,,I only study for one at a time and I usually end up rescheduling it a few times before I actually take it (i think I'm rescheduling Ed Psych lol) so I started taking classes through Penn Foster so it wouldn't take me a hundred years to get a degree. Ummm what's my point...umm.....so yeah there's a lot of people on here who can handle a lot of tests in a very short amount of time....I definitely encourage you to give it your all and just go for it. But also don't feel bad if you're not as quick as everyone....I'm reallly slow but watching everyone else do it is really motivating and it's what keeps me going. Study hard, and if you don't think you're ready for a test, don't be afraid to reschedule Wink
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

delete - error

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 463 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 345 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 456 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,025 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 673 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,189 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,777 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore