Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU - Pueblo Cultural Geography Course Review
Just notified of my final grade in Cultural Geography at Colorado State Pueblo so thought i would share the experience.

I took this one in order to satisfy the "cultural" or "global" componenet of my BSLS at COSC. It also allowed me to do an additional 3 credits this semester so that i could receive the full time PELL grant.

The instructor for this one was super knowlegeable and very responsive. He too the time to repond to my e-mails, and did a great job critiquing my work. Teaching at CSU is a moonlighting job for him, by day he is the weather guy for local TV News!

The class had a required textbook that i picked up used for about $30 and a required workbook that was like $8, both purchased through Amazon. There were 13 writing assignments that were simply read the chapter and answere the 5 review questions at the end. I also filled in 13 Maps from the workbook. There were two 3-5 page reports answering questions related to Cultural Geography.

I took this expecting a pretty easy class.....it was more involved than I expected, the lessons took about an hour each, Maps a bit quicker. The reports were easy...but I like to write.

Despite it being a bit more invlved than I had hoped it was nonetheless a fun and interesting class. Very doable, and the instructor wants you to succeed. I am pretty strong in this subject so it might be a bit more work for some. One could bang out the work in a week or two if they needed to ... but remember CSU won't award credit quicker than 12 weeks after enrollment.

CSU pueblo was once again just stellar in their customer service and in the delivery of this excellent course.

All in all I reccomend this one for anyone that can find a use for the three LL Cultural credits.

The course ran $459, plus the $38 for the books. All assignments were submitted via e-mail.

Rebel out! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Grats! I see you also got an "A" in the class... way to go. Smile

Seems like a nice alternative to the DSST, although a bit more pricey.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cultural Diversity & Critical Thinking defscarlett 5 242 08-30-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Know your Canada/US geography? Think again! bjcheung77 1 390 03-22-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Education Department to review guidance allowing revenue-share agreements with OPMs LevelUP 0 446 02-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia review Pre-WGU gams007 0 760 02-02-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Institution or Professor review websites bjcheung77 2 995 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Arkansas State online MPA Review cardiacclep 22 7,671 06-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  "Last Mile" programs - book review Clepper43 1 1,094 10-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Math placement test for comprehensive review? MNomadic 4 1,975 12-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  CSU Pueblo Independent Study Cost? mysonx3 7 1,875 11-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TEEX/ACE "Pending Organization Review" AwardTour 5 1,603 06-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Post: jsd