Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barely passed Intro to Sociology!
Pkgrant79 Wrote:All of you mentioned the "Specific feedback forum". I thought this was the only forum...?? I searched and found it. I'll give it a try!

Thanks!
PG

It's because of this that I put a few newbie links in my sig, so maybe it will be more noticed.

Check out iTunesU. NYU has what may be a full video lecture course on sociology. Utah Valley University has 31 video lectures for SOC 1010: Introduction to Sociology. There's TONS more, it's a popular subject apparently.

Point being, check iTunesU for relevant lectures. I prefer to get entire courses, because I do very poorly with just random lectures -- I need the structure to fully understand the material. If a lecture is an hour long I can listen to one a day on my commute, two weeks gets me through about 15 which is about the max number in the courses I've checked out anyway (other than the sociology ones, of course).

You can also look at OpenCourseWare, Academic Earth, and Open Culture. Hundreds and hundreds of free lectures and courses to be found.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I was wondering if the real Sociology exam was like the flashcards on this site one word or wordy explanation type answers or both?
Buy the Official CLEP Study Guide. It has practice tests that are extremely close in terms of difficulty and type of questions.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Ha ha I remember taking that not too long ago....I used REA's prep, REA's Super Review, Sparknotes, & Cliffnotes. That's it, and I got a 63. Not great, but not bad. I'd taken Human Growth & Dev. before that, but otherwise, not much bkground in sociology.
I have to test out of math what would you suggest college math or college algebra?
passed with a 60/45 and thought i would have done better because of how well i knew the IC cards. I would suggest supplementing them with REA practice materials, which I used to pass the human growth exam. Just passed statistics as well, all done. Good luck, study broad and you will do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,698 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 1,236 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  It’s barely solvent. Pricy school with a gloomy outlook... bjcheung77 0 733 06-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,330 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,057 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,745 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,548 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,705 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
Question Social Work, Sociology, or Anthropology Degree? LadySearchDog 5 1,778 08-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,454 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip