Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Operations Management AOS
(06-28-2023, 09:20 AM)dillpickles Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 05:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I believe it's the following, I need to verify, or someone can verify if there has been a change.
IIRC... For the BSBA it's 15 UL, the required 12 AOS/Major, along with the Capstone.
IIRC... For the BA it's 18 UL, this requires the 15 UL for the AOS/Major and the Capstone.
And to be on the safe side, sure, have something transferred for your gen eds/free electives as UL.

Advising told me today that I do not need any UL for the Business Core. I'll take it! Big Grin

I think last year, TESU made it a requirement that ALL degrees need 18cr of UL in the major, including the BSBA, so if you only do 12cr in the AoS that are UL, then 3cr of UL need to be in the Core.  If you opt to do 15cr of UL in the AoS, then you do not need 3cr of UL in the core.

I would not listen to the advisors, they are so frequently wrong (more than they're right).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • dillpickles
Alright! How does this look. I don't want to take that UL at sophia, but will to be safe rather than sorry! I need more TESU courses now for Aug for financial aid. Would I be better off just doing management at TESU?

Professional Business Requirements
Financial Accounting DONE college LL
Managerial Accounting SDC in prog need to take exam then done LL
Business Law DONE college LL
Computers DONE sophia intro to IT LL
Finance DONE sophia LL
Management in prog Principles of management Sophia 3UL
Marketing DONE Principles of Marketing LL
Business & Society DONE International Business LL
Macroeconomics DONE college LL
Microeconomics DONE Sophia LL
Quanititative Skills for Business CMS Learn in prog LL
Statistics DONE college LL
Communications In prog Sophia LL
Capstone TESU August 3UL

Ops Mg Core
OPM requirement 6sh
Operations Management in prog SDC Advanced Operations Management 3UL
APS-4020 Applied Quality Mgmt TESU August 3UL

AOS Electives 12SH
Project Management DONE Google cert 3LL
Principles of Supervision in prog SDC 3LL
Effective Project Management DONE Google cert MAN-437 3UL
Mastering Project Management DONE Google cert MAN-438 3UL

-------------
Changing my mind now. I think I'll do all LL for the BSBA Core and then take SDC Business 321 as my additional UL AOS elective instead of principles of supervision. Will that work?
We've previously had at least one student who reported they weren't able to graduate when they thought they would because their degree specifically didn't have any UL credit in the Business Core. I don't think the UL AOS elective will work. I think they might even have had extra UL AOS credits, but I can't recall.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-30-2023, 02:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: We've previously had at least one student who reported they weren't able to graduate when they thought they would because their degree specifically didn't have any UL credit in the Business Core. I don't think the UL AOS elective will work. I think they might even have had extra UL AOS credits, but I can't recall.

This is really strange. Do you know if there anyone at TESU who I could contact to confirm, or anywhere that it's written? It's not noted on my academic eval.

Here's what their catalog says:

School of Business and Management Upper-Level Degree Policy

Require that baccalaureate students complete a minimum of 18 credits at the upper level (3000 level or higher). Complete 12 upper-level credits in the area of study, the Capstone, and one additional 3 credit course, which can be completed in the area of study or the Business Core.
(06-29-2023, 07:46 PM)dillpickles Wrote: -------------
Changing my mind now. I think I'll do all LL for the BSBA Core and then take SDC Business 321 as my additional UL AOS elective instead of principles of supervision. Will that work?

Have you confirmed that SDC's Business 321: Small Business Management will work in the AoS?  I'm not certain it will.  You need to find that out first.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-30-2023, 08:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Have you confirmed that SDC's Business 321: Small Business Management will work in the AoS?  I'm not certain it will.  You need to find that out first.

Good call. Emailed advising to see. I just went from the wiki list but I should have verified. 

I just don't want to do all of the MIS assignments if I don't have to  Big Grin
If you want to find someone who would know-know, you could make an advising appointment with Don Stoltz. Anyone else will probably either misunderstand or just make something up.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dillpickles
(06-30-2023, 08:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

You saved me. It's not approved for the AOS. I hope someone updates the Wiki! I asked for list of outside vendor approved courses (if they even have that) and will post here if I get it.  NM they said they don't have that. The only thing I have to work from is the TESU classes. I'm a little worried that Google cert wont apply to AOS. We'll see!

Per TESU - The Google Project Management Certification will transfer as 9 credits: MAN-2350, MAN-4370 and MAN-4380. Three credits from the certification will apply to the area of study and the rest will fall outside of the degree due to space.

Confirmed. But now I am really confused. Why would only 3 apply to the degree?
dillpickles, You have too many in the AOS, so they will only take the 3 credits towards the entire AOS unless you want to tell them to take out whichever you want that's already there (as long as the course fits the requirement). I would leave it as is if all the requirements are already completed.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-30-2023, 12:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: dillpickles, You have too many in the AOS, so they will only take the 3 credits towards the entire AOS unless you want to tell them to take out whichever you want that's already there (as long as the course fits the requirement).  I would leave it as is if all the requirements are already completed.
I don't have anything in the AOS yet on their end except for 2.7 credits. That's why the comment is confusing!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 125 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 781 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 7,273 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 386 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 1,273 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,781 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 3,185 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,488 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 662 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,771 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM