Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B.S Bio to B.A Psych
So a year after my original post https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Incomplete-BS-to-hopefully-CJ-BA
I finally got my official transcript and I have decided to get my B.A in Psychology. I have looked on the TESU website and the degree plans but they are very confusing. I can repost my transcript courses if needed but I would love someone to help me breakdown how to move forward. My job has a discount with Bright Horizon so I prefer TESU over UMPI and WGU is too expensive. Also my GPA is 1.7.

Pretty pretty please give me the most affordable option Big Grin
When you say your GPA is 1.7 I assume you mean from your existing credits (from other schools) not your TESU GPA. If that is indeed the case it would only be an issue for any Federal Student Aid, not for completing a degree you (or your employer) is funding at TESU. First thing you need to do is apply to TESU for the degree you want, they will evaluate and let you know what you're missing. Here is the wiki for the TESU BA Psych" https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I also assume you do not have any bachelor, so it is not so much a BS BIO to BA Psych but a 'not going with Bio anymore, now I want a Pysch degree'.  Please confirm that this is indeed your first bachelor that you're working towards. I'm not familiar how any discount with Brightspace helps you (others will chime in on that, no doubt), yet I'm not sure it would help you cost wise over UMPI.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Yes that is correct. I was initially a biology major at my old college and left with a 1.7 gpa. My degree/bachelor's is incomplete.

(07-10-2024, 03:44 PM)allvia Wrote: When you say your GPA is 1.7 I assume you mean from your existing credits (from other schools) not your TESU GPA. If that is indeed the case it would only be an issue for any Federal Student Aid, not for completing a degree you (or your employer) is funding at TESU. First thing you need to do is apply to TESU for the degree you want, they will evaluate and let you know what you're missing. Here is the wiki for the TESU BA Psych" https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I also assume you do not have any bachelor, so it is not so much a BS BIO to BA Psych but a 'not going with Bio anymore, now I want a Pysch degree'.  Please confirm that this is indeed your first bachelor that you're working towards. I'm not familiar how any discount with Brightspace helps you (others will chime in on that, no doubt), yet I'm not sure it would help you cost wise over UMPI.
Bright Horizons is EdAssist, they 'compete' with Guild, and both provide tuition assistance or reimbursement for partners... It really doesn't matter which institution you go with, you should see if they allow the $5K+ tuition assistance with UMPI. If they do, you can try completing the entire degree requirements at UMPI for 3 reasons alone. 1) Tuition for 3 sessions is exactly $5100, you have a couple of hundred buffer, and the degree is 'free' after assistance/reimbursement. 2) Max transfer of 90 credits, you complete 30 credits at UMPI for graded goodness to bump up the GPA! 3) You can get this done in 3 sessions, that's 24 weeks, and be done by early 2025 as long as you have the energy and time management to complete this educational journey.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia
(07-10-2024, 06:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Bright Horizons is EdAssist, they 'compete' with Guild, and both provide tuition assistance or reimbursement for partners... It really doesn't matter which institution you go with, you should see if they allow the $5K+ tuition assistance with UMPI.  If they do, you can try completing the entire degree requirements at UMPI for 3 reasons alone.  1) Tuition for 3 sessions is exactly $5100, you have a couple of hundred buffer, and the degree is 'free' after assistance/reimbursement.  2) Max transfer of 90 credits, you complete 30 credits at UMPI for graded goodness to bump up the GPA!  3) You can get this done in 3 sessions, that's 24 weeks, and be done by early 2025 as long as you have the energy and time management to complete this educational journey.

Okay I’ll definitely see! Cause I do like that UMPI is less expensive so if I could get additional assistance with Bright Horizons then that’s perfect. The last thing is I see a lot of the degree plans that implement getting credit from other sites. So should I invest in a Sophia membership or just go straight in? If I do Sophia would I just need the Gen Ed I’m missing?
With TESU, your overall GPA needs to be 2.0 in order to graduate.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-12-2024, 11:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: With TESU, your overall GPA needs to be 2.0 in order to graduate.
Although they don’t transfer Fs, so the overall GPA at TESU isn’t necessarily the same as the overall GPA as, say, a medical school would look at.
(07-12-2024, 07:27 PM)fthlee08 Wrote: Okay I’ll definitely see! Cause I do like that UMPI is less expensive so if I could get additional assistance with Bright Horizons then that’s perfect. The last thing is I see a lot of the degree plans that implement getting credit from other sites. So should I invest in a Sophia membership or just go straight in? If I do Sophia would I just need the Gen Ed I’m missing?

I don't know what you're missing, invest in Sophia.org and get whatever you have to get from them, you should start after you've transferred in the max. If you haven't already, apply and get everything transferred into UMPI while you complete the rest of your gen eds/electives.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-13-2024, 07:35 AM)CenterSquarEd Wrote:
(07-12-2024, 11:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote: With TESU, your overall GPA needs to be 2.0 in order to graduate.
Although they don’t transfer Fs, so the overall GPA at TESU isn’t necessarily the same as the overall GPA as, say, a medical school would look at.

They do transfer D's. Your evaluation will state that you must have an overall GPA of 2.0 to graduate, which includes your transfer credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Okay I applied to UMPI yesterday and hopefully I don’t need a whole bunch besides the core classes and maybe a couple of gen eds. I’m gonna try to finish in 2 terms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA-LS vs w/Psych Concentration vs BA in Psych. mbcummings 7 347 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA Psych experimental psychology requirement wow 7 390 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Psy352 psych personality Akegge 0 405 03-13-2023, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Akegge
  upper level psych courses.....suggestions? CM1999 2 845 01-02-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 968 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Does PSY 1012 General Psych count towards Intro 2 Psychology requirement for TESU BA? zeroglory 2 922 08-16-2020, 04:28 PM
Last Post: zeroglory
  AOS for BA in Psych - length of time, tips, etc. CarpeDiem8 28 5,225 02-24-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  Upper Level Psych Courses for TESU CM1999 9 1,753 01-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
  help with roadmap - TESU BA in Psych Purplegypsie 13 2,746 09-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Curious - TESU BA/BS Psych SuZQ2 5 1,457 05-02-2019, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore