Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashford University acquired by University of Arizona to become their new global campu
https://www.azpm.org/p/home-articles-new...astrophic/

An article on some pushback they're experiencing.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Any chance Ashford will grant a third BA/BS before getting scooped up by UofA?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(08-06-2020, 09:31 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Any chance Ashford will grant a third BA/BS before getting scooped up by UofA?

It's already been scooped up.

(08-06-2020, 04:45 PM)MNomadic Wrote: https://www.azpm.org/p/home-articles-new...astrophic/

An article on some pushback they're experiencing.

Ehh there's always blowback whenever a college makes a big change or adds something new. People in general don't like change. But colleges need to progression especially right now or they're going to epically fail. COVID has forever changed college whether or not they want to admit it.
So I contacted them, and they are still operating under the Ashford catalog. Since they pay to get your transcripts I went ahead and applied for their BA in Business Economics. They will accept my NA credits which I think fulfills everything but the econ courses. They told me they wont re-brand until later this year so I was able to lock down the current policies of the catalog. Up to 75 ACE credits will transfer, lets see how the eval goes. They are doing the eval based on unofficial transcripts which I uploaded. My MA will be done by Spring and I'll be very happy if I have some sort of econ degree to call it quits and we discussed that I may have enough credits to fulfill a double major in finance, depending on eval.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
What's the over/under on Michigan or Ohio State buying U of Phoenix in the next three years?
(08-09-2020, 03:07 PM)raycathode Wrote: What's the over/under on Michigan or Ohio State buying U of Phoenix in the next three years?

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
(08-08-2020, 02:28 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: So I contacted them, and they are still operating under the Ashford catalog. Since they pay to get your transcripts I went ahead and applied for their BA in Business Economics. They will accept my NA credits which I think fulfills everything but the econ courses. They told me they wont re-brand until later this year so I was able to lock down the current policies of the catalog. Up to 75 ACE credits will transfer, lets see how the eval goes. They are doing the eval based on unofficial transcripts which I uploaded. My MA will be done by Spring and I'll be very happy if I have some sort of econ degree to call it quits and we discussed that I may have enough credits to fulfill a double major in finance, depending on eval.

Wouldn't that BA cost you at least 15 grand? I think they require 25% of the courses taken through them and their tuition is like $510/credit, and at 30 credits, that's like 15 grand. If that is the case, I would recommend you do another Masters instead or something different...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser, ss20ts
(08-09-2020, 04:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 02:28 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: So I contacted them, and they are still operating under the Ashford catalog. Since they pay to get your transcripts I went ahead and applied for their BA in Business Economics. They will accept my NA credits which I think fulfills everything but the econ courses. They told me they wont re-brand until later this year so I was able to lock down the current policies of the catalog. Up to 75 ACE credits will transfer, lets see how the eval goes. They are doing the eval based on unofficial transcripts which I uploaded. My MA will be done by Spring and I'll be very happy if I have some sort of econ degree to call it quits and we discussed that I may have enough credits to fulfill a double major in finance, depending on eval.

Wouldn't that BA cost you at least 15 grand? I think they require 25% of the courses taken through them and their tuition is like $510/credit, and at 30 credits, that's like 15 grand. If that is the case, I would recommend you do another Masters instead or something different...

Yes, but I get a small discount for being a PTK member. So it’s more like 12k and I have no desire to complete another masters—they are too time consuming and very few degrees are in fields where I have an interest in.

Sent from my typewriter.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
(08-09-2020, 04:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wouldn't that BA cost you at least 15 grand? I think they require 25% of the courses taken through them and their tuition is like $510/credit, and at 30 credits, that's like 15 grand. If that is the case, I would recommend you do another Masters instead or something different...

So, once you transfer in all of 90 credits, you can get their degree for $15k (30 x $500).
I think that's a good deal for UoA degree.
https://www.kvoa.com/news/online-univers...27297.html

Ashford and their former owner(Zovio) fined $22 million. Looks like the rebrand was a good thing for Ashford but I wonder how it will affect UofA's reputation in the long run...
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 120 09-20-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Perdoceo to acquire University of St. Augustine... bjcheung77 1 213 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,639 09-16-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 17 2,855 09-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  University of The Cumberlands Mrsmiracle90 3 368 09-12-2024, 08:47 PM
  DEAC or DEAC Global - Which one is the legitimate one? slammX 4 290 08-28-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: slammX
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,665 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,503 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  University of Lynchburg Transformation Charles Fout 8 797 08-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 448 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM