68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Here is the governance page for the College Board: https://www.collegeboard.org/about/governance

There is an email address for the governance committee. Send an email to them. Having people calling CLEP will not help. The people who answer the phones aren't empowered to change policies. The governance committee is empowered to change policy and they are going to move very slowly.

Thank you. Kyle is the supervisor at the CollegeBoard-CLEP answer center - the highest level guy they let me talk to. I am certainly going to follow up with the governance contact you had mentioned. I am also contacting the Home School Legal Defense Association as I see more homeschooled youngsters wanting to CLEP than the general population. Although my 11 year old is bummed that her siblings test on Tuesday but she can't, she is happy to see her momma willing to put up a fight for her.
Once the CLEP people heard that I had written to every public official I could think of as well as contacting a lawyer in Washington D.C. from the Home School Legal Defense Association, they found a way for youngsters to CLEP. Here's the process: Call 1-800-257-9558 and explain what you want to do. They will e-mail a parent consent form which you fill out and fax back. They will then call in a few days and complete the telephone portion (and take your credit card payment). Then they will e-mail you a ticket ID that works the same as an admission ticket. Any problems with the process, Kyle is the one to talk to.

It really worked! I'm so thrilled. My 11 year old daughter just passed Western Civ I today with a 58. She now has 18 college credits. Good luck to all of you - our young people are capable of so much.
crc1021 Wrote:.....they found a way for youngsters to CLEP. Here's the process: Call 1-800-257-9558 and explain what you want to do. They will e-mail a parent consent form which you fill out and fax back. They will then call in a few days and complete the telephone portion (and take your credit card payment). Then they will e-mail you a ticket ID that works the same as an admission ticket. Any problems with the process, Kyle is the one to talk to.

It really worked! I'm so thrilled. My 11 year old daughter just passed Western Civ I today with a 58. She now has 18 college credits. Good luck to all of you - our young people are capable of so much.

Congratulations to your daughter; that is awesome!

Thank you for posting the new process. It will help a lot of young students!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Over a month ago, I called the College Board to register my 12 year old for another CLEP exam.(The last time went fine-my child took a CLEP & passed).Today I called back, since there was no response in OVER a month.(They told me "Kyle" was not available).They confirmed my request to register from over a month ago.They also told me that there is no timeframe whatsoever for registration-it could take months or longer.I wish I could get a straight answer from them.But they said, in effect "just wait another month or two, and don't call us,we'll call you!".Customer service was very unhelpful.If they don't want 12 year olds to test, they should say so instead of playing all these games.Is anyone else having issues? Thanks in advance,
Did you ever get a resolution on this BugsyFlorida? They won't give me an answer either and it is a tad ridiculous. It says on their website "Please note: processing of the form and creation of the test-taker’s account can take up to 7 business days to complete." ... then when you call b/c you are on eleven business days... they say "yeah, we'll call you when it is done." So unfair. I had no idea on the age thing until my daughter was ready to take the test, now we sit twiddling our thumbs (well, we have other things to do but it is frustrating).
Anyone have any good luck recently with this?

I asked if they could tell me if it is going to be 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 months and they say nothing. How is that right?
I just took to social media - and had someone reach back to me within the hour. Yay, Twitter to the rescue. I'll update how it went.
For some reason, they will never admit that a 12 year old can no longer take a CLEP. IMO, They are very sick people & will keep on telling you to wait - even for a year! In the meanwhile, just wait until they are 13 to take a CLEP (& take DSSTs,etc.).Sorry to be so cynical, but trust me on this one.
Actually, she took the exam, yesterday. She missed it by 2 points (ugh) but we were really looking at it as a learning experience to see if this is something she wants to do or not. She said it was quite different from the practice tests and that she looks forward to taking History since that is fact based (she took Analyz. & Inter. Lit). The Twitter thing worked. I have a corporate contact if I have any issues again. I have a phone #, name and case # to call in any time she wants to take another test before she is 13 (which she will). They also sent me an "we are so sorry for the inconvenience" gift. So, yeah, you CAN do it. You just need to keep on them b/c apparently no one knows what to do with the paperwork once it arrives. :0)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 213 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,804 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Test score rogeryoung 4 474 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 424 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 1,756 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 762 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,025 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 1,095 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 1,197 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 939 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77