Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any thoughts on the Mass Election?
Anyone have any thoughts of the Mass election? I, for one, hope it will spur the current elected officials (on both sides) to fix the nation's economy, jobs, and housing woes while they still can. I think Mass spoke very clearly that health care is not the #1 issue facing the country today. This is directed towards BOTH parties so I'm not looking for a Dem/Rep war here.

Be sure to register to vote....and actually get out and vote. (regardless of who you decide to cast your vote:patriot: )
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Long live the Boston Tea Party!!!

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
Basketweaver, I think your comments are right on! This is not a party issue, this is a "listen to the people" issue. They definitely are not listening to what we see as our priorities -- regardless. The message is, don't listen -- we'll look for someone who will.
I agree! The party issue is what's wrong with the system and both have failed to solve the issues we as citizens care about.

I do hope we all get involved at the grass root level and become participant in our democracy and while I didn't not like some of the images seen at the tea party, I am one proud grass root member.

For those of us who believe the country has been heading in the wrong direction for years, lets get off the sidelines, stop whining and let our voices be heard.

Good post weaver!
categ Wrote:Long live the Boston Tea Party!!!
:imwithstupid:
[SIZE="1"]Introductory Sociology 70
Biology 64
Principles of Management 69
Principles of Marketing 61
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 75 (w/ passing on essay)
English Composition w/ essay 65
American Government 61
Western Civilization I 72 (w/ passing on college essay)
Western Civilization II 63
Intro to Criminal Justice 446
U.S. History I 78 (w/ passing on college essay)
U.S. History II 71 (w/ passing on college essay)
Introductory Business Law 73
Principles of Public Speaking 71 (w/ passing on speech)
Spanish 74
College Mathematics 59 [/SIZE]

How good are you? Take the good person test. . . http://www.whatstandard.com/
Drummerboy Wrote::imwithstupid:

Care to elaborate?.....or is that the best you got?

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
categ Wrote:Long live the Boston Tea Party!!!
:iagree:

I'm looking forward to November... :patriot:
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
categ Wrote:Care to elaborate?.....or is that the best you got?

Just couldn't resist using the new face. I agree with you.:patriot:
[SIZE="1"]Introductory Sociology 70
Biology 64
Principles of Management 69
Principles of Marketing 61
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 75 (w/ passing on essay)
English Composition w/ essay 65
American Government 61
Western Civilization I 72 (w/ passing on college essay)
Western Civilization II 63
Intro to Criminal Justice 446
U.S. History I 78 (w/ passing on college essay)
U.S. History II 71 (w/ passing on college essay)
Introductory Business Law 73
Principles of Public Speaking 71 (w/ passing on speech)
Spanish 74
College Mathematics 59 [/SIZE]

How good are you? Take the good person test. . . http://www.whatstandard.com/
Its funny how everyone forgets the past 8 years under the Republicans. George Bush and the Republican party had 8 years to screw up this country and You people gave Obama less than a year to clean it up before you began claiming "Boston tea party" and all of that other garbage. Where were half of you people at 5 years ago when this county was being sold to the highest bidder. Where were you at in 2003 when Bush went into Iraq or when the Patriot act was passed? You all talk a big game about getting the Dems out and how bad Obama is and how the people of Massachusetts spoke against Obama by voting for Brown. I'm not an Obama supporter nor a Republican, but I do know hypocrisy when i see it and most of you commenting about how great Brown is or how great it will be in November when the Republicans get back in control are hypocrites and the Republicans will do the same thing that the Dems are doing and its not going to change. As much as I hate Obama, I know deep down inside the Republicans are way worse. But most of you will be fine with getting raped like you were for the past eight years because you are all so partisan. But go ahead and cheer for the Republicans as they get into power and get the validation they need to rape this country even more from the moronic public that voted them into office. I'm just glad that the Supreme Court passed a law giving Corporations the right fund and be apart of the political process. At least Washington will be in the hands of the truly corrupt instead of the idiot masses. banghead
milton fine Wrote:Its funny how everyone forgets the past 8 years under the Republicans. George Bush and the Republican party had 8 years to screw up this country and You people gave Obama less than a year to clean it up before you began claiming "Boston tea party" and all of that other garbage. Where were half of you people at 5 years ago when this county was being sold to the highest bidder. Where were you at in 2003 when Bush went into Iraq or when the Patriot act was passed? You all talk a big game about getting the Dems out and how bad Obama is and how the people of Massachusetts spoke against Obama by voting for Brown. I'm not an Obama supporter nor a Republican, but I do know hypocrisy when i see it and most of you commenting about how great Brown is or how great it will be in November when the Republicans get back in control are hypocrites and the Republicans will do the same thing that the Dems are doing and its not going to change. As much as I hate Obama, I know deep down inside the Republicans are way worse. But most of you will be fine with getting raped like you were for the past eight years because you are all so partisan. But go ahead and cheer for the Republicans as they get into power and get the validation they need to rape this country even more from the moronic public that voted them into office. I'm just glad that the Supreme Court passed a law giving Corporations the right fund and be apart of the political process. At least Washington will be in the hands of the truly corrupt instead of the idiot masses. banghead

Where...in ANY of the posts...do you get the information to base your words on? No one said a word about Brown being great, Rep's being the best, Dem's being bad...any of it...Partisan???? Please read the posts carefully before jumping off the deep end.

I agree with what you said...some of it anyways. I don't believe that either party is good for the country...both are equally corrupt. I view the tea parties as a resurgence of our nation's history, where the people are sick of being misrepresented by their elected officials...IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH PARTY THEY BELONG TO! The only legal recourse we have is at the voting booth, I feel that the Mass voters made a very wise choice in voting Martha Coakley out of office. Her arrogance was just insulting and ended up being her demise. I feel that there are several/many more on their way out (again...from both parties) as well but we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe Hussein will see the writing on the wall and actually start focusing on the 17% unemployment, the stagnant housing market, and the yo yo economy...the American people have clearly stated that his ramrodding of mandatory health care is not at the top of their agendas. With a better checks & balances in place, there should at least be some debate involved.

It's just getting started, tighten your seat belts because the next year should prove interesting.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chainsaw Trump wins Argentina presidential election in landslide LevelUP 11 1,298 02-21-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: housecat
  Fraud Claims and Dumb Dolphins - Mass Layoff! bjcheung77 11 1,688 12-11-2021, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Vonne
  Thoughts on Unions? MNomadic 2 1,099 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Thoughts? Regards 4 1,212 05-31-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Thoughts, Suggestions, Ideas? LaterBloomer 4 1,490 06-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Harvard Satanic Mass Daithi 6 1,417 05-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  Changes in our Society...good or bad? Thoughts for discussion. marianne202 8 1,374 05-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Lyanne
  2 days until Mass Effect 3 comes out ryoder 4 946 03-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Last Post: jmichelle79
  Prayer Request, Good Thoughts, Positive Vibes Requested! marianne202 27 5,241 07-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Last Post: marianne202
  your thoughts on MJ.. his life.. his career creationstory 12 2,575 06-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Last Post: LatinTea