Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Undergrad degree at the Big 3 where you can transfer the capstone or excludes it?
(08-22-2022, 11:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Do you have 90+ relevant credits already? If not, neither WGU or UMPI is good right now.
I have multiple credits from Sophia, saylor and study.com. I’m pretty sure I have around 90+. I’ve completed many gen ed courses
But are they relevant? I would apply to both UMPI and WGU to see where your credits go. Unless you've been taking credits targeted at a WGU degree, I would be willing to bet that you're closer to a UMPI degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(08-22-2022, 10:19 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So... In regards to speed, 7 credits at Excelsior will take you two 8 week terms (Info Lit/Cornerstone and then the Capstone) or 6 credits at COSC will take you a little longer, so I would not recommend them as it is 12 week terms I think or even 15, so it'll take you two of those.  

Speed wise, if you can cram, UMPI can be done in one 8 week term, or tie Excelsior at two 8 week terms... it's highly possible to finish the UMPI cheaper, faster than Excelsior... as I've read this person do the entire degree for $2300!  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pful-users

Charter Oak has 8 week courses as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-22-2022, 12:01 PM)rachel83az Wrote: But are they relevant? I would apply to both UMPI and WGU to see where your credits go. Unless you've been taking credits targeted at a WGU degree, I would be willing to bet that you're closer to a UMPI degree.
I’ve been looking into umassglobal and it allows 90 credits. Do you recommend/not recommend this as another university as a choice?
(08-24-2022, 12:52 PM)Noteven Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 12:01 PM)rachel83az Wrote: But are they relevant? I would apply to both UMPI and WGU to see where your credits go. Unless you've been taking credits targeted at a WGU degree, I would be willing to bet that you're closer to a UMPI degree.
I’ve been looking into umassglobal and it allows 90 credits. Do you recommend/not recommend this as another university as a choice?

No. Not unless you really want a degree that you can't get from UMPI or WGU. See https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs They have more writing than UMPI, AFAIK, and they require you to get at least 81.5% (letter grade: B) on all courses that you want to transfer in. UMPI is just pass/fail for ACE courses. I believe they're also more selective about what credits are accepted. So, even with a grade of B or better, they might not accept credits that would be accepted by WGU/UMPI.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(08-24-2022, 12:57 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 12:52 PM)Noteven Wrote:

No. Not unless you really want a degree that you can't get from UMPI or WGU. See https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...d_Programs They have more writing than UMPI, AFAIK, and they require you to get at least 81.5% (letter grade: B) on all courses that you want to transfer in. UMPI is just pass/fail for ACE courses. I believe they're also more selective about what credits are accepted. So, even with a grade of B or better, they might not accept credits that would be accepted by WGU/UMPI.
When is the next UMPI a start date? I’d prefer not to wait 1.5 months
(08-26-2022, 02:51 PM)Noteven Wrote: When is the next UMPI a start date? I’d prefer not to wait 1.5 months

There's a session beginning on Monday at UMPI, but you missed the deadline to apply. There are 6 start dates every year at UMPI. The next session begins on October 24 and you have to apply by October 4th. 

https://online.umpi.edu/
(08-26-2022, 02:51 PM)Noteven Wrote: When is the next UMPI a start date? I’d prefer not to wait 1.5 months

Next application due date is October 4th. That should be just barely enough time to get all your GEC credits that you don't already have. Make a spreadsheet to see what you have and what you need. Compare with https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Furthermore, it's not really "when you start", it's more like "when you finish". You can start ages ago, but if you still don't have a finish in sight, what's that going to do for you? Starting early is great, but if you don't have the 90 credits to transfer, why bother starting that quickly? Apply, wait to start, while waiting, get the 90 or more credits you want to transfer into the degree then finish in the allotted session or two.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 322 2 hours ago
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 116 3 hours ago
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 265 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 255 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 256 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 207 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 548 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 296 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 306 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 149 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM