Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Textbook Option
When looking for a textbook, don't rule out the International Edition, if there is one. These can be the exact same book, but cheaper. The usual differences are that they are paperback, printed in black and white, maybe cheaper paper, different cover, etc, but usually the exact same book for a much cheaper price.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
I purchased an international version for the Public Relations TECEP. I specifically ordered from a US company, thinking it would take less time to arrive. They drop shipped it from outside the US though & it took way longer to arrive than I expected. Some of the pages were a bit faint too at random. Its was plenty read-able though & still a good option. Just make sure you order far in advance.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I purchased a international edition for one of my master's courses. I compared it to another classmate's book and the content and chapters were the same.
The cover was different and the paper was thinner and so was the price. No complaints.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
AngelaP Wrote:When looking for a textbook, don't rule out the International Edition, if there is one. These can be the exact same book, but cheaper. The usual differences are that they are paperback, printed in black and white, maybe cheaper paper, different cover, etc, but usually the exact same book for a much cheaper price.

My experience is that they are frequently the same book but also they may have additional information that the US book does not have.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
I bought one for a local CC course, where the new book was $375, I kid you not (the class itself was $155). The international version was $20!! Paperback, thinner paper, harder to see the bolded words, but a great deal

The major issue was that while the chapters and content were the same, the chapter names and order was completely different! So I had to borrow the Teacher's edition and put sticky notes on each chapter to label what the "actual" chapter was that the teacher was working on each week (i.e. he would assign chapter 2, I would have to read chapter 11 in my book). But if you're just studying for a final exam, the international version is a great option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
i did this once for a psych class, at the end of the chapters the case studies were different than the US version for some reason, but those weren't really used in the class and it made no difference. I agree, great option.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 1,276 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 915 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  IST - State Approved, freebie option? bjcheung77 0 790 10-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,342 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar
  Most Friendly / Affordable Option for Non-US / International Students xyninja 6 1,492 10-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Which Option is the best option 2L8 0 773 06-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Last Post: 2L8
  What's the best/cheapest option to satisfy Excelsior writing requirement? camjenks 3 1,468 02-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easiest/cheapest option for computer literacy? a2jc4life 4 2,298 09-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Quickest/Cheapest/Easiest Option for Logic/Critical Thinking? a2jc4life 3 1,842 04-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  UWM flex option cardiacclep 3 1,295 12-30-2016, 01:23 AM
Last Post: TrailRunr