Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Government
Guys Im struggling to understand the interface.  I want to take the american government course but i signed up paid the $15 membership fee.  When i login it tells me to choose a study guide or pick a course and when I pick American Government it sends me to some flash cards and that it.  Nothing else.
on this link https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses
it says
"Our InstantCREDIT courses have been retired and are no longer available as of January 1, 2023. "

The stuff they have is for Clep (and DSST) prep "We will continue to offer CLEP and DSST exam study guides. If you are studying for a CLEP or DSST exam....."

I used some of the clep prep flashcards for some clep exams and found those helpful.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Where can I take it?  It's my understanding that instantcertcredit.com isn't offering this anymore.  So, what are my options now?
You can contact Sophia to ask when their American Government class will go live. It should transfer to TESU, but we don't have any promises. The ACE page is here: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1 It should be live any day now.

You can take Political Science 103: Comparative Politics at SDC. Like Sophia, it will have both assignments/papers and quizzes.

Take either POLSC201: Intro to Western Political Thought or POLSC221: Introduction to Comparative Politics from Saylor. These are exam-only.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
If you can wait and don't mind assignments/papers in addition to the quizzes, the Sophia.org option may be your ticket or if you need it right now, you can take it at Study.com instead. Having said that, if you're looking to get this done quickly and by exam, CLEP through ModernStates.org is free if you use their voucher and reimbursement for the exam. Your other option is the $5 Saylor exams, all of these can be done at the comfort of home.

Last but not least, it's best to create a spreadsheet and post the link to your google or one drive, make the file viewable and not editable, we can provide recommendations for the remainder of your courses. That would be much more effective/efficient than creating a post for each course, you'll have 40 threads/posts vs one thread. Furthermore, it may be easier/faster concentrating on a provider at a time, cheaper too as you don't have to pay for another subscription.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There's also the American Government CLEP exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I used the CLEP exam, and the ModernStates.org prep for it, to complete my TESU government requirement.

If you use ModernStates, the prep is free, and they give you a voucher that will pay for the exam *and* cover your proctor fees, so the credits are *completely* free.

I did also spend a little time with the Quizlet flash card deck for CLEP prep.

The test was not very difficult, and between ModernStates and Quizlet, I felt well prepared. It was simple, easy, did the job. So that would be a good option. So would Sophia.
Does anyone know when American government will be available to take on Sophia? I’d rather take that than a poli sci course on SDC but I can’t wait anymore. It’s one of my last 2 classes left to take.
Have you tried contacting Sophia's support to ask them? Gotta wait until tomorrow, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-22-2023, 11:30 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Have you tried contacting Sophia's support to ask them? Gotta wait until tomorrow, though.

I just emailed them. Hopefully they reply tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 9 2,644 07-03-2024, 08:13 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 951 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 5,460 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Sophia - U.S. Government AllThose299s 10 3,751 06-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Consensus on the best place to take american gov for TESU? StudentOLife 8 1,910 10-26-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with American Government TPG 7 1,376 08-23-2021, 09:12 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  IC American Government Pancake123 5 1,283 01-04-2021, 07:42 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Gov't Alternatives? collegechick 6 1,346 09-28-2020, 05:03 PM
Last Post: collegechick
  TEEX, non-government? Drakemoore 2 889 08-20-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: P226mem
Smile InstantCertCredit.com American Government PASSED Library2HospitalChaplain 7 1,794 05-26-2020, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ss20ts